Connecticut

New Haven area bridal shop recommendations

My BM's and I may meet in New Haven to go BM dress shopping since it's a central location for those of us scattered across CT and in NYC.  None of us are from the New Haven area.  The only thing I found by doing a google search was Harold's Bridal Shop.  Has anyone used them, or know of any other shops in the New Haven area? TIA!

Re: New Haven area bridal shop recommendations

• I used Harold's to get my wedding gown and one of my bridesmaid dresses. They were super nice, willing to negotiate on price, and the alterations were beautifully done. You get your own huge room with a mirror and seating to try on dresses, and you can also walk out into the store area to see different lighting. 

Good luck!
  • I did not use Harold's but have heard good things. I suggest checking them out.
  • edited July 2012
    Harold's is great.  I didn't find my dress there, but we're using them for BM dresses.  They've been very helpful as my eight (!) bridesmaids have come in one by one to try on all the choices and place their orders.  Highly recommended, and they have a good selection....lots of Bill Levkoff, which is what we ended up going with.  They've been around forever (both my mom and my grandma got their dresses there!), so it's got sort of an old school vibe, but they really know what they're doing.

ETA:  if you're looking for other options, Bridal Trousseau in Branford isn't far from New Haven...that's where I got my gown, and they're great too!
  • There's also White Dress By The Shore in Clinton.  They're pricey but it's a really pretty place.  
  • Thank you, ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards