Pennsylvania-Central
Options

More Vendor Reviews

I'm a little late with this (my wedding was in late October) but I thought I'd post my vendor recommendations. All of my detailed reviews are on both Wedding Channel and Wedding Wire.

We were very fortunate with our vendors - everything turned out great!

Venue: Riverdale Manor
--We worked with Troy - he was so detail-oriented and on top of things!
--Our ceremony ended up being in the pavilion (our plan B) but I wouldn't change a thing - it was so beautiful.
--Our guests raved about how much they loved the venue!

Photographers: MattnNat Photographers
--Absolutely loved working with Matt & Nat (husband/wife team) - they really care about satisfying (& going above and beyond) for their customers.
--Great thing about them is that they provide you with all of the digital proofs as part of your package, which a lot of photographers either won't do or they charge you a huge price for.
--Did I mention their photos were amazing?

Flowers: Floral Designs by Heather Ann
--Works out of her home - great prices and great personal attention
--Her ideas were so unique and modern - we did orange flowers, but it was all different shades of orange with different flowers, and it looked awesome.

DJ: Penguin Productions
--Reasonably priced :) But that didn't mean poor quality - Mike Greer (the owner, who I think might be the only one employed by the business) was professional and so easy to work with.
--He was willing to get any songs we wanted that he didn't have.
--He was not cheesy at all, but yet he had a great announcing voice when making announcements/introductions and was able to read the crowd well. He even taught some of our guests how to do the Electric Slide on the dance floor.

Bridal Shop: In White
--Bought my dress during a sample sale in Nov. 2010 (I think they did the same thing this year, when a lot of the new designs are ready to come out) - my dress was 50% off :)
--Shari, the owner, is particularly great - I loved working with her. If you decide to go there, try to make an appointment with her.
--Maria altered my dress and went above and beyond to make sure it looked perfect since I made slight changes (sweetheart neckline, taking it in, etc.)

The cake baker was the only vendor I won't give a raving review (Cake-a-Fare in Myerstown, PA) and only because of the service - the cake tasted and looked fantastic, although I credit our florist with the look since our only decorations were fresh flowers. She was just not that enthusiastic, didn't really prioritize customer service, and forgot to include some piping around each layer that we had discussed, but it still turned out fine. It's a shame, because she makes great cake!

If you want any photos or additional details, feel free to message me.

Re: More Vendor Reviews

• Options
    I got my dress at In White also!! I LOVE it there I would recommend it any day!!!

Glad to hear most of your vendors worked out well! Congratulations!
    I've loved you since I was 8 years old...
    243 Invited image
    171 Are ready to party! image
    70 Are party poopers! image
    2 Said they can't give an answer until a week before the wedding..EXCUSE ME?!!! image
    RSVP Deadline WAS September 20th!
  • Options
    I'm getting married at Riverdale Manor October 2012 and I'm also working with Troy!!  We go for our menu tasting tomorrow actually!  I'm pretty excited - I hear their food is pretty good...

Glad to hear that things went well with the wedding!!  Congratulations!
  • Options
    slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!

YAY!!!
    Glad to hear about Riverdale and Troy!!! I'm getting married July 2012 and Troy is our planner. He has been great so far! We have our tasting at the end of January! I can't wait. I have heard nothing but good reviews from them!

Also an In White bride!! Sherri is amazing! Maria is still working on my dress but she really knows what she is talking about. Actually she did my prom dress back in the day when she used to work for Weddings by Paulette. Also Hazel is amazing to work with as well. She helped me pick THE dress. :)

Thanks for the reviews; made me even more excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I love Heather Ann, she is so sweet and I love her creativity.  She really works with people
  • Options
    Thank you for the reviews. I'm glad you had a good experience with Heather Ann. I booked her for my June wedding, and she has been impossible to get ahold of (weeks to answer phone calls), and she missed a scheduled appointment. I'm very dissapointed because I love her work, but I'm currently looking for another florist. I'd be to worried that something would happen on the wedding day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ceremony and Reception Venue: Riverdale Manor

DJ/photobooth/lighting: DJ Freez

Officiant: Pastor Chris Rodkey

Flowers: Petals with Style

Photography: Miville Photography

Cake: Bella Manse(loved the red velvet and spice cake!)

Makeup: Patricia Solis( made me feel like a princess)

Video: Back Row Video

All were very professional and clearly know what they are doing. I would not have changed anything on my wedding day at all and they all made that possible!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards