Maine

Ceremony Music

What are people doing for ceremony music?  I could easily book the DJ to do it but if there is a cheap & creative alternative I'd love to learn about it!! 

Re: Ceremony Music

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony is going to be under the picnic shelter at Fort Williams.  I'm going to be setting up my pretty powerful stereo and a friend of mine has offered to be the one who mans the music.  I'm going to be using a variety of tracks from Vitamin String Quartet for the entire thing.  I really don't want to pay the extra $$ for a 20 minute ceremony, and live music is definitely not in my budget.  I have considered asking a few of my former students if they wanted to sing, but I'd hate to have them make the trip down (about an hour from where they live to Fort Williams).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DJ said she would set up her speakers and a sound system for my ceremony.
    I am going to play music while the guests are getting seated.

Intro Processional: (aprox 28:33)she's everything brad paisley lyrics (4:27)Walle Soundtrack- First Date (1:20) How sweet it is to be loved by you Marvin Gaye (2:23)Better Together- Jack Johnson (5:15)Me And You" - Kenny Chesney (3:32) Can't Help Falling In Love -- Elvis Presley (3:01)Alison Krauss “When you say nothing at all” (3:55)At Last Beyonce (3:04 )"It's Your Love" Faith Hill & Tim McGraw (3:43)Crazy love Michael Buble (3:40) or for the prelude?Prelude: Allegro From Brandenburg Concerto Bach, Prelude in C Bach, Ave Maria schubert violin (i am trying to decide any preferences?)Processional: Pachelbel - Canon In DReccesional: Up Soundtrack Married Life
  • edited December 2011
    Have you booked your DJ yet?  We were able to negotiate with our DJ a bit to bring the total cost down by a couple hundred dollars, which paid for the second PA system and cost to do the ceremony.  We really had no choice though, since we're actually having cocktail hour before the ceremony and afterwards so we were having DJ's price out the full event. 
    Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    We will most liekly be using our DJ,  I don't really trust anyone to move around equipment and those I do trust I want around for pictures and whatnot.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having the organist from the church play our music.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My SIL lives in Newport and plays Flute/Harp/Piano for weddings.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards