Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridesmaid luncheon

Okay, I was under the impression that this could be a nice gesture that I take on as the bride to throw for my bridesmaids. I have been trying to find an invitation to send to my girls, but every invitation has the wording, "join us for a bridal luncheon honoring (bride's name)". Am I totally off here in thinking this is something I host for my girls?
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Bridesmaid luncheon

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom hosted one for me and the BMs. We did it the same day we went for their dress measurements. I just sent an email. We did tea sandwiches, strawberry champagne, italian cookies and cake pops at my house
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. I don't think a formal invite is totally necessary. I plan on just asking mine if they'd like to go to lunch, my treat, the day before the wedding and will take them to a cute little cafe shop. I would feel odd RSVP'ing to someone for lunch at a cafe.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP. I just verbally asked my BMs if they were available for lunch, no formal invitations.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    uwf_cole23uwf_cole23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just saw these online from a girl that lives in my town, I thought the wording was adorable. 

"An event in honor of the ladies who will stand by my side
    & have helped to make me a happy bride.
    After all the planning the big day is here,
    Please join us for lunch, cocktails, and lots of good cheer!"

.. yes, cheesey and I dont know if it is your style, but always an option!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    UWF- I kinda like it. And just to clarify, I wasn't going to make them RSVP, I just wanted something to send, but I guess I will just call. Thanks!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    kimberlyb122kimberlyb122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing formal invitations for my girls just because I think it's cute and I know that I like getting fun things in the mail. I just got really pretty Papyrus cards that are blank inside and wrote out my own wording. Also not having them RSVP or anything...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards