Maine

Things are a little dead aroud here the last few days...

... so lets do a fun poll.

Theme/feel of your wedding?

Where are you honeymooning?

What irritates you the most about your FI?

How long after the wedding do you plan to start having kids, if you don't already?

What did you eat for breakfast?

What are you most excited about for the wedding?

Do you think you will ever renew your vows?

Re: Things are a little dead aroud here the last few days...

• edited December 2011
    Our wedding has a bit of a vintage feel to it, but had modern touches and lots of peacock feathers.

Niagara Falls Ontario

He fidgets A LOT!

How long after the wedding do you plan to start having kids, if you don't already?
    3-4 years

Nothing yet, but I'm thinking peanut butter toast

Seeing everything come together

We don't plan on it as of now, but things could change.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_things-little-dead-aroud-here-last-days?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:98Discussion:e18d662e-ecb0-4dc5-b084-d974b6b8c9d4Post:f62224ca-6791-404a-a143-68871768442e">Things are a little dead aroud here the last few days...</a>:
    [QUOTE]... so lets do a fun poll.

Theme/feel of your wedding? New England Beach Wedding.  Classic with a modern feel

Where are you honeymooning? Greece.  But not right after the wedding

What irritates you the most about your FI? He sprained his ankle because he wasn't paying attention.  So that's this week :)

How long after the wedding do you plan to start having kids, if you don't already? 5 years-never 

What did you eat for breakfast? bran flakes

What are you most excited about for the wedding? marrying brad...and the band!

Do you think you will ever renew your vows? eh.  maybe.

Posted by fickrj5[/QUOTE]
  • littlefieldmjlittlefieldmj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh fun, good idea!

Laid back family reunion with a Beatles twist.

Not sure yet - we'll do something AI in Feb or April.

He hates calling to order takeout - makes me do it every time. 

Uhhh, TBD. 

Hannaford brand Honey Nut Cherrios.

The processional because that means the staring-at-MJ part is over and I'm officially married!

Meh, probably not. We'll see what the future decides.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I always have to call orders in too! At least he usually pays though!
  • jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

we're shooting for a vintage vibe with pinks and greens.

not sure yet. we want tropical though!

hm. as cliche as it is, he leaves his crap all over the house. ALL OVER the house.

i have a squirming 6 month old in my lap as i type this.

nothing yet. see entry about squirming infant.

seeing all of both our families come together, and marrying josh!

not sure. maybe privately.
  • edited December 2011
    Fun!!!

Sort of a casual elegance I guess you'd call it?

We are doing a Eastern Caribbean cruise! Stops are Bahamas, St. Thomas, and St Maarten. We were originally going to do Hawaii, but we just moved to Florida and figured we could drive to the port for a cruise and save on plane costs. (Cost of entire cruise which includes everything except alcohol is just barely more expensive than plane tickets to Hawaii alone!!)

I love and hate that he is such a perfectionist. Sometimes it drives me crazy because he takes forever to do the simplest tasks! But then when it comes to thinks like DIY invitations, his perfectionism is greatly appreciated. :)

We are probably going to wait a while. FI is in the military and we want to be closer to him getting out before we start. Maybe in like 8 years?

A homemade smoothie and oatmeal! Delicious!

Having a great party with our amazing friends and family!

Probably not, I'm having a hard time getting FI to declare his love for me in public the first time. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I have to call in orders too!! And make every reservation for ANYTHING we ever do as well. Once I asked him to call ahead for a restaurant since we had a big group because I was in the middle of something and it was like I asked him to strip naked or something!
  • britthall06britthall06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Theme/feel of your wedding? Laid-back and beachy, though our reception is indoors now. Where are you honeymooning? Shooting for Florida, beach and parks, in march/April What irritates you the most about your FI? He takes a lot of time to think about things and will never just say something to say it..so he is ALWAYS right! And not in the way that most men just always think they're right, he's legitimately right and it's so frustrating. How long after the wedding do you plan to start having kids, if you don't already? Prime example..I want them now, maybe even yesterday. FI wants us to get in a better position before kids, probably having them in a a year and a half or so. What did you eat for breakfast? Iced coffee. What are you most excited about for the wedding? All our friends and family sharing such an important and exciting day with us! Do you think you will ever renew your vows? I can see us doing something small, beachy and alone someday. It's what FI really wanted anyways and I wish we could have something just for the two of us now.
  • edited December 2011
    Rustic/elegant.

No plans yet.  I'm switching jobs and we're moving 2 months after the wedding, so it's not a good time for it.  FI would like to go to New Zealand/Australia at some point, but I don't really want to have an adventure honeymoon, just a relaxing one, so we'll see. 

He procrastinates and forgets stuff more than I do.  One thing lately that bothers me is that he forgets to turn his phone off from silent after an event (or leaves his phone upstairs while he's doing stuff downstairs when I'm out), and then I cannot get in touch with him. 

Probably depends on how my new job is, but I would guess in the next 2-4 years. 

Green tea and a package of oatmeal with dates and flax in it (I get lots of random food from Ocean State Job Lot). 

Seeing friends and family that are coming up, and then it being over and just being married. 

At this point, I think it's unlikely we'd do that. 
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Theme is Margaritas and a Movie - not sure of the feel

Baltimore (3 Red Sox games at Camden Yards) and Washington DC

He hates to speak up about things in restaurants or stores when something is wrong.

How long after the wedding do you plan to start having kids, if you don't already?  Definitely depends on how soon I get an admin job.  If I get a job now, we would start sooner than later.

Left over cake from my shower this past weekend.

Everything!!!

No
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_things-little-dead-aroud-here-last-days?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:e18d662e-ecb0-4dc5-b084-d974b6b8c9d4Post:5a74f4bd-1887-4ce2-878c-0db4e6a0a3e5">Re: Things are a little dead aroud here the last few days...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Theme/feel of your wedding? Theme is Margaritas and a Movie - not sure of the feel Where are you honeymooning? Baltimore <strong>(3 Red Sox games at Camden Yards</strong>) and Washington DC What irritates you the most about your FI? He hates to speak up about things in restaurants or stores when something is wrong. How long after the wedding do you plan to start having kids, if you don't already?   Definitely depends on how soon I get an admin job.  If I get a job now, we would start sooner than later. What did you eat for breakfast? Left over cake from my shower this past weekend. What are you most excited about for the wedding? Everything!!! Do you think you will ever renew your vows? No
    Posted by hcorrigan34[/QUOTE]

While it's no Fenway, Camden Yards is a beautiful park!! We were in Baltimore for a wedding and went to a game the day after to watch them play the Yankees and I really enjoyed the park. It's HUGE!! Although I found it extremely odd that the had a Panda Express in the park. However, since then I've been to a ton of parks and all the newer ones are leaning towards food like this. It doesn't seem like baseball food to me!  Although I'm bias because nothing beats a Fenway Frank and a beer. Man, I miss Fenway!!
  • edited December 2011
    Theme/feel of your wedding?  Classic and elegant.

Where are you honeymooning?  The great state of Maine!  (Bethel and Kennebunk)

What irritates you the most about your FI?  He leaves the god da*n toilet seat up!  Always!!!

How long after the wedding do you plan to start having kids, if you don't already?  The honeymoon.  And that's no joke - we're going LIVE!  lol

What did you eat for breakfast?  2 eggs

What are you most excited about for the wedding?  Other than becoming Mrs Smith, it would be treating our friends and family to an awesome party and weekend in Maine. 

Do you think you will ever renew your vows?   Hadn't really thought about it actually.  I guess time will tell...  If we did, probably not with a big party attached to it.  It would be more for just the two of us or us and our children. 
    Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    P.S.  Great idea Fickrj!!!  So fun!
    Married 9.4.11
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_things-little-dead-aroud-here-last-days?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:e18d662e-ecb0-4dc5-b084-d974b6b8c9d4Post:a5cab8f4-bb75-4d2a-8413-3ad107ba4991">Re: Things are a little dead aroud here the last few days...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things are a little dead aroud here the last few days... : While it's no Fenway, Camden Yards is a beautiful park!! We were in Baltimore for a wedding and went to a game the day after to watch them play the Yankees and I really enjoyed the park. It's HUGE!! Although I found it extremely odd that the had a Panda Express in the park. However, since then I've been to a ton of parks and all the newer ones are leaning towards food like this. It doesn't seem like baseball food to me!  Although I'm bias because nothing beats a Fenway Frank and a beer. Man, I miss Fenway!!
    Posted by sarahfowler38[/QUOTE]

Yes, I love Camden Yards.  My first visit was a few years ago when I was in Baltimore to present at a National Conference.  We had a reception at Camden Yards, got a tour, and even got to sit in the visiting dugout!  That summer, FI and I went on a road trip and saw two Sox games there!  This year we'll be going to all three.  We plan on making a sign about Honeymooning with the Red Sox, and we're in the first row the second night, so we hope that we get on TV with it!
  • edited December 2011
    No theme, but my colors are teal and brown
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL... Be there in less than 2 weeks!
    He asks 1000 questions... and usually the same question more than once, lol.
    ASAP :)
    Vanilla yogurt
    Having all our friends and family in one place at one time!  Oh, and the photobooth.

Probably not, but you never know.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I  am calling it Classy Casual.

A Lake house in Poland Spring Maine

Leaving clothes....everywhere: socks in the living room, boxers in the bathroom, shirts in the bedroom...ha but i love him

Once we get a better job, and a house we will start. We want to be more stable, but if it happends it happends.

My favorite coffe by design maine maple sundae coffe and an english muffin with cream cheese and strawberry rhubarb preserve

To have a new last name, and to stop saying fiance and start saying husband...after a over 2 year engagement i am pretty sick of saying fiance

For one of our anniversaries im sure we may have a party but he isnt too keen on declaring his vows in front of everyone so i wont 'make him do it' again
  • H&S091711H&S091711 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Theme/feel of your wedding? rustic/modern/offbeat

Where are you honeymooning? honduras

What irritates you the most about your FI? he lets people take advantage of him

How long after the wedding do you plan to start having kids, if you don't already? asap

What did you eat for breakfast? english muffin

What are you most excited about for the wedding? spending the weekend with my friends and family i rarely get to see

Do you think you will ever renew your vows? can't imagine it now but if we felt like we wanted to in the future i'm not opposed to it
    Offbeat Brides & September 2011 August Siggys - Pets and Honeymoon Location: Roatan, Honduras!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_things-little-dead-aroud-here-last-days?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:e18d662e-ecb0-4dc5-b084-d974b6b8c9d4Post:b7af42ad-008d-45e2-ad62-3f6906b94d5c">Re: Things are a little dead aroud here the last few days...</a>:
    [QUOTE] My favorite coffe by design maine maple sundae coffe and an english muffin with cream cheese and strawberry rhubarb preserve What are you most excited about for the wedding? To have a new last name, and <strong>to stop saying fiance and start saying husband...after a over 2 year engagement i am pretty sick of saying fiance </strong>Do you think you will ever renew your vows? For one of our anniversaries im sure we may have a party but he isnt too keen on declaring his vows in front of everyone so i wont 'make him do it' again
    Posted by schadbourne[/QUOTE]

I feel you there!
  • ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Theme/feel of your wedding? classic elegance with a touch of nautical

Where are you honeymooning?  mini-moon in Jackson, New Hampshire, honeymoon next year in Europe

What irritates you the most about your FI? he hates doing the dishes

How long after the wedding do you plan to start having kids, if you don't already? we hope to be parents by our first anniversary

What did you eat for breakfast? Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal with skim milk

What are you most excited about for the wedding? Everything. I love every detail and I can't wait to see everything come together and marry my best friend.

Do you think you will ever renew your vows? If we do, it will likely be a private thing.
    The truth behind a well laced dress
  • Krista521Krista521 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooo fun posts :)

fun/casual/dance party haha
    mini-moon will be a staycation at home and then when it's cold and snowy we will go to hawaii hopefully (fingers crossed) fi doesnt want to do the plane ride.. but i think i may win this one
    his stubborness.. or that he's just as stubborn as i am
    if it happens it happens, im not a planner... but it's in the 5 year plan
    egg whites scrable with spinach tomato and feta.. yumm
    seeing everyone together :) getting rsvp's back in mail has def. been my favorite part so far!  i love 'good' mail haha

probably someday, not thinking about it yet
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    modern. ballroom, colors are grape, lavender black and white

Hopefully Cabo

he is a pretty big procrastinator... and he doesn't put the toothpaste cap back on after. 

honeymoon!

What did you eat for breakfast
    iced coffee and a peach

having all my friends and family that i love so much in one place eating drinking and dancing!

I
    don't think so.  Maybe that would be nice :)
  • edited December 2011
    earthy, vintage, classic
    5 days in Riveria Maya, Mexico then Sanfran and Wine country for 5 more.

He likes to ask alot of questions. So conversations are usually never quick. 

He would like to  ASAP, like on the honeymoon.  I would like to see where we are finacially. :)
    A hard boiled egg, greek yogurt with strawberries and blueberries
    Having a great party with family and friends and getting down on the dance floor.
    Have not even really thought of it. But you never know.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards