Ohio-Cincinnati

Welcome To The Jungle

We live in the Dayton area which is about an hour from Cincy. As our introduction song we are planning on using "Welcome To The Jungle" by Guns N Roses. My parents would like us to change it as it is commonly associated with the Cincinnati Bengals and isn't classy enough for a Country Club reception. My fiance is a Bengals fan (I'm a Colts fan) but we mainly picked it bc we are both really into the more classic rock and its an upbeat, get you excited type of song. I need some opinions from other Brides! Do you think its inappropriate?

Re: Welcome To The Jungle

• edited December 2011
    I do not think it is inappropriate at all. We actually wanted to use it for our entrance but to many of our friends used it for theirs so my FI wanted something different. Use what you want, it is your wedding!
  • GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont think its tacky! IMO, your intro is supposed to be upbeat and fun, no matter where your reception is located.

If you dont mind me asking, what country club are you using?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • J_Mae84J_Mae84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Country Club of the North in Beavercreek! I'm very excited!

• kari829kari829 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like it too! We haven't decided what we are using yet.

BTW, I live in Beavercreek :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    edited December 2011
    OH YAY!!!!!!! We are also using Country Club of the North!!!!!!!!!

Our wedding isnt until 5/21/2011 though.

I am so excited for you! How has your planning been with Pam thus far? I would LOVE to see some reception pictures when you are all finished if you dont mind.
    What are your colors?
  • kelklumpkelklump member
    edited December 2011
    I know plenty of people that use that song... I love it! We did Axel F for our bridal party and we walked in to "walk this way" I loved it!
  • KatyBug513KatyBug513 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's inappropriate at all.

My cousin and her husband had the actual mascot, Who-Dey come to their reception and they also played Welcome to the Jungle when they came in with him, it was adorable. Especially because they are both HUGE Bengals fans.
    -Katy
    Visit Cincinnati.Weddings.com

"Love of mine, won't you lay by my side and rest your weary eyes before we're out of time. Give me one last kiss, for soon, such distance will stretch between our lips." - City and Colour
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards