Kentucky

Need officiant/preacher/JOP

I've got 96 days to go! And all I need is someone to marry us! Plan A and Plan B fell through for me. Does anyone know or have a precher that will marry a couple out of their church? Or a Justice of the Peace? My wedding is in Lexington, and any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Need officiant/preacher/JOP

• Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

96 days is plenty.  It will be ok.

I don't know Lexington, so I can't recommend anyone, but have you tried calling the courthouse and asking for their list?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't even thought about officiant's yet, but I'd check out the courthouse's list.

Do your Plan A or B's have any recommendations for someone to fill in or guide you in the right direction?? 
    Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • amylynn314amylynn314 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Plan A was my local Judge Executive who is a friend of my family's, but he already has a prior commentment on that day. Plan B was one of my close friends' uncle who is a preacher. He married her and her husband and I've been around him a lot. But that didn't work out either. I didn't want a complete stranger, but other than those 2, I don't know anyone else! My fiance and I don't belong to a church, so that's a little difficult. I guess I can keep looking... 
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend used Caralee Bryant and loved her: http://www.lgbtcommitmentceremony.com/
  • Constance2012Constance2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Paschal Baute is who my friend used in Lexington!
  • jennadam77jennadam77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Rev. David Huddleston.   He's great and he advertises on TheKnot.com
    He's in Louisville but, does Lexington weddings, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards