California-Los Angeles

Picky eater/weird eating habits?

Hi all!

I'm in the middle of planning my reception and (UGH!), my fiancee is the pickiest eater! He refuses to eat vegetables and is addicted to Pepsi. He lives off of plain noodles, pizza and chicken fingers. Do any of you have super picky SOs?

Re: Picky eater/weird eating habits?

• edited December 2011
    No my FI is not a picky eater at all.  Between the two of us I am more picker than he but not nearly has picky as your FI Laughing

Have you thought about asking your venue if they will make him a special plate? That way he will be happy and so will your guest.
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    FI is a picky eater too.  But I have gotten him to eat his veggies if they are prepared in a way that he likes.  He loves appetizers and finger food.

I can get him to eat veggies by making salsa.  I load it with lots of healthy stuff too, like garlic. Whenever I make salsa, I'll try to sneak in extra stuff like chopped celery, cucumbers, finely-chopped carrots, I've even thrown in chopped apples in the mix.

What happened with our reception food was I just cornered him.  Showed him the list of options and we just sat down and discussed it.  He ended up realizing that what he was picking out were for our guest's comfort too, not just his.  We are still kicking around the idea of going to Jerry's Famous Deli for post reception meal, just the two of us--so he can feel like he got what he wanted to eat on his wedding day.
  • edited December 2011
    I have a whole slew of things I can't eat. Meat, acids, chocolate.. the list is longer than I have time to admit to.

I don't expect all the food served to be things I can eat. In fact, I would be taken aback if it was. I hope to have an option that I'll be able to indulge in, and then something that makes sense for the rest of the guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards