Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Wedding Planners/Coordinators

Hi girls!

My FI and I are looking into getting a wedding planner to help us when we get to the last stages of planning. I know I definetely want one for the day of....but he also wants to look around for a little more help then that.

Anyway, has anyone had good (or not so good)  experiences  with planners in the philly area or even heard good things about a particular planning company?? There seems to be a lot of companies and of course they all look good, but word of mouth and recommendations go a long way :-)

I hope everyone had a great weekend and thanks for your input!!!

Re: Wedding Planners/Coordinators

• mandy122782mandy122782 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Kelly Miller for a day of coordinator. I am not married yet so obviously I do not have a full review but she seems extremely organized and has already answered a few questions via email. She has always gotten back to me promptly. And I really liked her from the first meeting and so did my mom...thats why we went with her. Here is her website. GL

http://www.detailsbykellymiller.com/index.php
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Both delicatefew and I used Susan Hart.  She does DOC on the side, is very reasonable cost-wise, and does an EXCELLENT job!  Her phone number is (609)947-9025.  If you decide to call her, please tell her Jody says hi! :-)
  • edited December 2011
    The two I have heard awesome things about from personal friends and on here are Erin from Proud to Plan, as well as Carina from Remember This Day.  Both are based in DE, but travel.
  • edited December 2011
    I looked into using Natalie Diener.  She's based out of Philly, and a total sweetheart.  The only reason I didn't use her is because it wasn't in my budget. If it was... I'd be all over that!  Her website in general has great wedding ideas on it, too.

www.nataliediener.com
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!!! I will look into all of them :-)
  • kroagnon5000kroagnon5000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Stacey Halstead from Create the Moment - www.createthemoment.com. She's gone to vendor appointments with us, has answered a zillion emails from us, and has been affordably priced and quite excellent! We've hired her as our day of coordinator as well. She's based in Lansdale.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wedding-plannerscoordinators?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:02b3ab10-d5df-47db-baba-c33eea467d21Post:04fd53c8-7db6-4c57-9494-8114cdb058c5">Re: Wedding Planners/Coordinators</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're using Stacey Halstead from Create the Moment - <a href="http://www.createthemoment.com" rel='nofollow'>www.createthemoment.com</a> . She's gone to vendor appointments with us, has answered a zillion emails from us, and has been affordably priced and quite excellent! We've hired her as our day of coordinator as well. She's based in Lansdale.
    Posted by kroagnon5000[/QUOTE]
    Hi welcome to the board. Care to make an intro post so we can get to know you? ;)
  • luvdelilahluvdelilah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm late to the post, but we also used Kelly Miller and she was FANTASTIC.  By far the best decision we made.  She's very organized, very attentive, and has really great ideas/suggestions. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kroagnon5000kroagnon5000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wedding-plannerscoordinators?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:02b3ab10-d5df-47db-baba-c33eea467d21Post:baadbff8-9689-446a-8d9e-28f69eea3c84">Re: Wedding Planners/Coordinators</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Planners/Coordinators : Hi welcome to the board. Care to make an intro post so we can get to know you? ;)
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

Sure! After 14 years together, my fiancee and I will be getting married in November 2011! Everything is pretty much booked, and now we're just trying to figure out decorations, whether to serve signature cocktails at cocktail hour, etc., etc. I have to admit...we're having a blast planning;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards