Maine

Budget Friendly Venue Ideas?

Hi All-
Newly engaged couple.. We're looking at venues now. We live in the Portland area, and are hoping to find something near the coast around here or within an hour or so of Portland. Some of the quotes we've gotten are just outrageous. Any suggestions of places to look at that are not over-the-top expensive?? Thank you!!

Re: Budget Friendly Venue Ideas?

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your engagement!!!

What is your budget or how much are you looking to spend on your reception?  What some people think is expensive might seem cheap to others depending on the amount of money you have to spend!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kbrewer2828kbrewer2828 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd be interested in hearing about inexpensive rustic WINTER venues if anyone has ideas... 
  • edited December 2011
    Camp Hammond Yarmouth Maine is a great venue, rustic, charming, and low cost in the winter months.....fireplaces as well!!

good luck!

erin

• annie12073annie12073 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shawnee Peak in Bridgton was very reasonable -- that's where we got married in August 2010. Great outdoor space and a casual atmosphere...my husband is a big skier and grew up at this mountain, so it was a no-brainer for us. The food was good and I loved that we had a back-up indoor wedding space if we needed it. The day was perfect weather-wise, so didn't need it after all!

They can be a little slow to respond to communications, but were very easy to work with overall.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards