Connecticut

Branford House Stairs?

So, yes it is true as I get to the more detailed part of the wedding I stalk new weddings from our venue.  I could not help but notice new carpeting on the stairs...it's pasisley...seriously!  I know the blue-green valour was hideous, but paisley?  Anyone else notice this?
www.petanolucci.com

Re: Branford House Stairs?

• Yep, I was there a few weeks ago.  It's better than the old colors, but my colors at least didn't clash with those.  With this red/brown/mustard paisley, it really does not go with our colors at all.  But alas, so be it!

Anniversary

• Oooh no I didn't know they changed it!  Not that the color was pretty before because it wasn't.  Where did you guys see this?  Is there a photo?
  • But at least they put fake wood floors down on the way to the bathroom and painted so it's not that ugly black and white tile that didn't fit in!
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think if anything, at least this carpet doesn't clash as much with the walls!  If you look at those pictures, it blends in rather nicely with the mahogany.

Also, what are you ladies doing to cover those awful "Gallery" signs on the side of the staircase (see the second pic I posted, down near the bottom)?  We're thinking of just getting dark mahoganny colored cardstock and taping it on to just camoflage it.

Anniversary

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker

I do not think it is terrible with the wood. But I hear you on the little things like that....my eye caught everything little thing when we were looking for venues!!

~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • yes i feel at this point it's like ohhh...another ugly carpet, but this one at least looks less worn. As far as the signs for the gallery...i mean whatever...i honestly didn't see them until you pointed them out.
    www.petanolucci.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_branford-house-stairs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:4e9f693b-d3e9-4423-966e-9ed589f2114ePost:59336bc6-4df1-4d9b-99a4-f30692b2de6f">Re: Branford House Stairs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]yes i feel at this point it's like ohhh...another ugly carpet, but this one at least looks less worn. As far as the signs for the gallery...i mean whatever...i honestly didn't see them until you pointed them out.
    Posted by AVBarto[/QUOTE]

My Mom was obsessed.  I think she's going to drive the hour to the Branford House one Friday (she gets them off in the summer) to make sure she has the right color of brown to cover the signs.  Since you're the week after me (yes?), want me to save them for you?  Haha!

Anniversary

• Yes that would be very nice if you could do that.  Leave them with Rick? He would probably be very grateful since the bride the day after me has him as well there.
    www.petanolucci.com
  • Hello all.....

Our wedding is at Branford House next may - probably about 100 people.  We would like to do seated dinner in the large, main center room, with coffee and desert station in the room closest to the office, and then dancing would be in the other side room (which would also be for cocktails before dinner, as part of inside/outside cocktails, weather permitting!)

Our concern is, can we fit enough people AND a live band in that side room for the dancing?  Will it be too loud in that side room with a live band?

Thanks in advance!!

• My wedding is Sep 6th, can you save the signs for me???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards