Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Photographer

Hi ladies, I don't usually post here. But I will be married next year in a DW. My photographer will be my best friend's boyfriend, but he lives in NYC and I'm here in Sandy Springs. FI and I are long distance. I'd love to do an engagement shoot (one year after the engagement, smh) while FI is here visiting in May. Can any of you suggest someone? I have no idea what kind of budget is acceptable, since my wedding photography will only be $450, roughly the cost of a plane ticket to our destination. My entire wedding is budget, roughly $5-6k.
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photographer

• Options
    MrsSmith2Be02MrsSmith2Be02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I definately understand. I do weddings on the side and one of my clients was working with the same budget. She found a student at the Art Institute who was finishing a senior portfolio or something like that and did her photography for free and it was BEAUTIFUL! Check with SCAD (here in Atlanta), Westwood, or The Art Institute. You never know what you'll find. Good luck!

I do have a contact for another photographer. Her name is Annette B. Groves (www.annettebgroves.com) and she charges $450 for engagement shoots.

Good luck!

Morgan

image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, thanks! Annette Groves looks good and seems like she's worked with several high-profile people. Not that it matters. But they generally have good taste.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check Craigslist. We found a photographer looking to build her portfolio who did ours for free. She's charging now, but  Criagslist is a good resource.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend my photography Claudia McDade. Her site is http://cmcdadephotography.com/
  • Options
    kittyshapleekittyshaplee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of using an art student, that way they gain the experience they need, and something professional to put in a marketable portfolio, and you get engagement photos on the cheap.  Everybody wins!
    If you would rather use a professional photographer with expereince, I woud go with a White List Recommended Atlanta Wedding Photographer
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're still looking, I can help. I'm working on building my portfolio, and I'd be interested in doing it for almost nothing. Check out www.juliaraposo.com for some of my pics!
  • Options
    We would love to be your photographers!

If you're still looking check us out!
    http://www.fotografieatlanta.com/engagement--bridal-gallery.php

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards