April 2013 Weddings

first one

first one! :)  It'll be exciting seeing this board grow in the next couple of years, haha. My fiance and I have been together for 4 1/2 years, but we are both still in school, he still has 2 years so we are not having our wedding until after that. Your stories? :)
xoxo, Jennifer

Re: first one

• i agree, i am excited to see this board grow also! My fiancee and i have been together almost as long as you and yours, we made 4 years in june! The reason we are waiting so long is the money. we are paying for everything ourselves, and we wanted a long engagement anyway. also, i wanted a spring wedding, so we figured 2 1/2 years would be a good time frame. so, jen 2013, when did you get engaged and how did your fiance propose? and where are u at in the planning stages?

Nikki
  • oh i see, well i'm excited to hear your proposal story when it happens Smile. And as far as us, we have been engaged for about 3 1/2 weeks now (since aug 6). And the story, well...how do i begin? lol. We drove to gulfport, MS for the weekend (we are from New Orleans). We were going to have an early birthday weekend for my fiance. We left to go shopping on the Friday (aug 6) before we headed to gulfport. Myself, my fiance, and his friend Ryan were in my car. Well, my fiance was emptying his pockets and a receipt fell out, and he jumped to grab it and freaked out. So, of course, I asked what it was and he refused to tell me. Since I could tell that Ryan knew what it was, I continued to annoy my fiance to find out what it was. So, later that evening, David (my fiance) and I were sitting in our hotel room in Gulfpot, and we were discussing money and what we had spent so far, and we came to a gap and my fiance just got quiet. So I asked if this had to do with the receipt and he kind of avoided the question and said I could find out later and asked me when I wanted him to tell me bc "it's a surprise". So, of course I asked "is now an option? you're killing me". So then he got up, walked over to the table, and came back and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.
    -long story, i know, and yes, I kind of ruined his surprise, but it was still special Smile and thanks for the congrats, and same to you for making it 4 years! so where are you and your fiance from? And my name is Nicole!

Nikki

• It is nice to know I am not the only one who had experiences like that. :) I am so excited to find people who are getting married around the same time as me!!

I was a little bummed out that my fiancee's exgirlfriend (long story) they were still friends for a while after we started dating. Got married 10 days ago ... I felt a little blah about it ... I was worried how he would feel. But he really did not care... so that perked me up.

Her 3 week honney moon to Dubai and Italy and France is getting him down tho... cause we definately can't afford that.

Cat

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • eek that is a strange situation. Nice to know I am not the only one! :) I am getting SO excited. This is my 2nd marraige. My first was a mess... and I was not NEARLY this excited to be someone's wife. **maybe that should have tipped me off lol**.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi Ladies!
    I am not engaged yet but, like Jennifer, I am still in my undergraduate program and my BF is working on his masters. We have been together for about 2 years and 9 months. We have had "the talk" and know without a doubt we want to get married, its just not financially possible right now. (But he gave me the go-ahead to start looking at things)
    I really would love to get to know all of you! I am also worried about backlash so I am mostly just a "lurker", there are so many horror stories about this site that Im almost scared to post.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • HIII....
     Im Amber and my SO is Kevin... we are not tech. engaged yet..but we talk alot about it.... and im just excited.... We want 6.8.2013... but im rethinking  iit and having one in April. Because most receptions are like half the price! So we may have it 4.27.13! :)....

I have a 4 yr old from aprev relationship. and my BF is pretty much her step dad. I cant wait to marry him! Id marry him tom if i could!  Neither of us have ever been married... he is the love of my life. We are waitting because of school
     he is in school to be a cop,..and me a nurse... ha ha i know.
     we are excited :)  i know he told me he plans to propose this coming year :)....
  • Hello Everyone,

My name is Jennifer. My husband and I we didn't have the money at first and we didn't want to wait either, so we got married thru the court system. We have been together 10 years, engaged 6 years, and married 4 years. My first marriage was thru court also and I didn't want a wedding anyway. My husband want to give me the wedding of my dreams, we renewing our vows in April 20, 2013 & we want to get married at the beach, and the reception at the same place.
  • Hello everyone! 

We've been engaged since Christmas Eve 2010.  With a new job, wedding planning hasn't been at the forefront of my plans, but now things are settling down and we are starting the process.  We've been together a little over 4 years and are planning an April 2013 wedding so we have time to save and prepare.

I'm pretty much a control freak and perfectionist, so I definitely need a lot of time.  Plus, I want to do a lot of DIY projects and really personalize our wedding, so the extra time is essential.  On top of all that, I want to get more physically fit and in shape.  I definitely need at least a year to do that...

So that's us in a nutshell...I look forward to planning with you all!

-Krisha
  • hey all ..just like to say im exactly like you krishn total control freak/perfectionist...im so glad im not the only 1 lol..my fiance has basically said 'i trust you completely do whatever you want'  which is great! but also soooo scary.. ive got loads of ideas an even more that id like/love so am starting well in advance of our 27/04/2013 date..have also had similar experiences from other boards...so hope this one stays good for all of us 'newbies' ...so excited...and look forward to planning alongside you all..x
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards