South Carolina-Charleston

bridesmaid bouquets

I was just wondering how much typical bridesmaids bouquets were. I have 9 bms and my quote was for $72/bouquet. That just seems excessive to me for one day. All the other flowers in the quote were reasonable. Any suggestions on how to get bm bouquets down?
Thanks!

Re: bridesmaid bouquets

• We paid $75 each for bridesmaids' bouquets.  They were lovely but I agree with you that it seems excessive.  The original estimate we got was $95 each.  I don't know what was cut to reduce them by $20 each, but you can bet I complained about the initial estimate (and should have kept complaining - lol).  The bridal bouquet went from $215 to $175. (Which, too, is still a lot to pay.)

I would ask your floral designed for other options that will give you the same look you are going for but for a less-expensive price.
  • I believe mine were only 50 each. But my girls also only carried 6 lavender roses. What flowers and florist are you using?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_bridesmaid-bouquets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:8d7e7d29-d9b4-47df-afbf-e80a71c40256Post:d428927b-38e7-402a-a983-d6de1bbcfdc3">Re:bridesmaid bouquets</a>:
    [QUOTE]I believe mine were only 50 each. But my girls also only carried 6 lavender roses. What flowers and florist are you using?
    Posted by Purple&7[/QUOTE]

This, the more extravagant and seasonal the flower, the more you pay.

If you can keep it simple the cheaper it will be. I'm sure your florist can work with you if thats out of your budget.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks guys. She wasn't really very flexible when I complained about that. But I got another quote from another florist with the same exact flowers for $60....so I think I'm just goign to go with the cheaper option!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_bridesmaid-bouquets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:600Discussion:8d7e7d29-d9b4-47df-afbf-e80a71c40256Post:cf9295e9-17b9-44d2-a942-25997eaad74a">Re: bridesmaid bouquets</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks guys. She wasn't really very flexible when I complained about that. But I got another quote from another florist with the same exact flowers for $60....so I think I'm just goign to go with the cheaper option!
    Posted by mullinscmu[/QUOTE]

<div>Would you mind telling us what kind of bouquet you are looking at, and which florists those were? </div><div>
    </div><div>This is the one thing I'm most budget conscious about, but I also don't want to have to get 100 quotes!</div>
  • I got quotes from Branch Designs and Sara Grimshaw designs. If you leave email ill email you my quotes. Bm flower bouquets were for blown open rises, lisianthus, and dusty miller wrapped in pink ribbon
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_bridesmaid-bouquets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:8d7e7d29-d9b4-47df-afbf-e80a71c40256Post:5771157b-d002-4532-94ee-06020b96e929">Re:bridesmaid bouquets</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got quotes from Branch Designs and Sara Grimshaw designs. If you leave email ill email you my quotes. Bm flower bouquets were for blown open rises, lisianthus, and dusty miller wrapped in pink ribbon
    Posted by mullinscmu[/QUOTE]

I used Tiger Lily Florist, I honestly cant remember what I paid for each. I know my total for my bouquet, my MOH, and 3 bouts. That was $675, but I had calla liles, alstromeria, sweet pea and lavendar roses.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Try Diane Thrower Weddings....she does amazing work and is very reasonable!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_bridesmaid-bouquets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:600Discussion:8d7e7d29-d9b4-47df-afbf-e80a71c40256Post:cbc438b0-40cc-4080-aa56-d273592fd4a9">Re: bridesmaid bouquets</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try Diane Thrower Weddings....she does amazing work and is very reasonable!
    Posted by Juniper403[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks for the tip - her work really is beautiful.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards