New York-New York City
Options

Wedding Planner

Has anyone used or contacted any of the planners listed below?

In Any Event
Always a Bridesmaid
Lindsay Landman
Lyndsey Hamilton
Cheryl J. Weddings

Would love to hear your comments on them if you have come across them before!

Re: Wedding Planner

• Options
    lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any info on the planners that you mentioned, sorry!  But I wanted to recommend the planner I used, Sara Kate Events, they were fabulous!!!  I highly recommend that you check them out too :-)
    info@sarakateevents.com

HTH!
    Lucy
  • Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the only one I've heard of is Always a Bridesmaid, which I believe if very expensive but maybe worth it if you're looking for a full-service planner.

I only need a Day Of Coordinator, and I'm also using Sara Kate Events, who has been awesome to work with and she's very reasonable.

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    RachRoseKRachRoseK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with Cheryl J. I thought she was very sweet and accomodating.  Always a Bridesmaid I've heard good things about, but they're expensive - starting at 10k I believe, although they have a sister "day of" company that is less expensive. 
  • Options
    tiffkungtiffkung member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

RachRoseK: Did you choose to work with Cheryl in the end?

• Options
    RachRoseKRachRoseK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No I didn't, I went with someone slightly less expensive and am using her just as a day-of coordinator. You should meet with Cheryl though if you're interested. Once you start meeting with the planners you get a better idea of what you want and what you need.  The other planner I met with that was full service and really impressive was Maya from Swank Productions.  Also, don't be afraid to negotiate!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I totally agree with meeting a few wedding planners.  Some of them weren't impressive, others stressed me out too much and told me that I needed things that I didn't want.

I ultimately went with Caitlin Russotti.  She is totally laid back and listens.  She has great ideas and has been really fun so far. www.CaitlinRussotti.com

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i am using exquisite affairs for partial planning and loving them so far!  it really depends on what you are looking for.  i met with several wedding planners and ultimately decided that i needed someone to book and handle vendors for me that is exactly was exquiste affairs is taking care of for me.  they will also manage the budget and day of. 
  • Options
    tiffkungtiffkung member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! It seems like Always a Bridesmaid, Caitlin Rusotti, and Sara Kate Events are some popular choices here. Re: Swank Productions, does anyone know what their price range is for full-service planning? And usually how much are planners willing to negotiate?
  • Options
    Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Sara Kate Events also :-)  But in addition to having them as DOC, I am also using them as a planner since I need a ton of help b/c I travel with my job frequently. They are fabulous!  Just so you know, I have negotiated with a lot of my vendors so far, it never hurts to ask!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I Had a very bad experience working with Caitlin, and I'm writing this review because I don't want the same thing to happen to another bride.

I'm very busy at work so I thought hiring a planner would be ideal. But she ended up being more work then help, I ended up doing most of the work myself. She did not response to my e-mails in a timely manner, sometimes it would be days until I would hear back, I should've known better from the start. I think she is way too junior although swears herself she is a pro whose done many weddings.  If I would be you I would save my $ on this one I don't want any other bride to go through what I  did.  But I did love all my other vendors.  Also her negotiations was joke, I negotiated better then her, she didn't even try.  she did not know my expenses never asked, I sent her everything and ended up doing all the contracts and correspondence myself. I was really unhappy with her and on my wedding day she showed up 3 hours late to my hotel where she says I did not need her, in flip flops and ended up doing almost nothing except being on the berry on the side.  Even my other vendors were shocked she was supposed to be my planner and my family too.  What a dissapointment and a big waste of time and $!!!  I asked for a refund she said I don't do refunds, she sucked!!!
  • Options
    saylorandtobysaylorandtoby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

no, but we used Heidi with entertainme-de.com and she was great!

• Options
    tiffkungtiffkung member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    marinazakry - really sorry to hear about your experience! Thanks for sharing your review. It's very unfortunate that people can be so unprofessional...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In response to Marina:
    I strive to make all of my clients happy.

This particular client hired me to give her my input and advice and when she didn't like it or didn't want to listen she blew me off and disregarded what I said. For example, her budget was tight and I told her she could spend no more than 1k on a dress, she came back with a dress for 5k.

Payments are not refundable after I have completely rendered my services. At the end of her wedding I got a thank you card and gift. The card said thank you for all of your help. I made sure that everything got from the hotel to the ceremony and reception and when someone left something behind, I got in the car and drove back. It wasn't until 4 days after her wedding that she told me that her sister in law stood in the wrong place and because of that she wanted her money back.

I didn't show up to the hotel while she was getting her hair and make up done because as she says in her post, she didn't need me then. I stayed for her entire wedding. I was with her from 12:30pm to 12am the day of.

Again, I strive and succeed in doing the best for my clients. Every once in a while you get one that over spends and tries to recoup some money by blaming a wedding planner because their services seem intangible in comparison to the photographer.

Lesson: If you feel like things are not working out with a particular vendor consider switching. I strive to make all of my clients happy. This particular client hired me to give her my input and advice and when she didn't like it or didn't want to listen she blew me off and disregarded what I said. For example, her budget was tight and I told her she could spend no more than 1k on a dress, she came back with a dress for 5k. Payments are not refundable after I have completely rendered my services. At the end of her wedding I got a thank you card and gift. The card said thank you for all of your help. I made sure that everything got from the hotel to the ceremony and reception and when someone left something behind, I got in the car and drove back. It wasn't until 4 days after her wedding that she told me that her sister in law stood in the wrong place and because of that she wanted her money back. I didn't show up to the hotel while she was getting her hair and make up done because as she says in her post, she didn't need me then. I stayed for her entire wedding. I was with her from 12:30pm to 12am the day of. Again, I strive and succeed in doing the best for my clients. Every once in a while you get one that over spends and tries to recoup some money by blaming a wedding planner because their services seem intangible in comparison to the photographer. Lesson: If you feel like things are not working out with a particular vendor consider switching.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards