Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Can I Have a First Dance at a Casual Reception?

My FI and I have a tiny budget so we are going with a small, afternoon ceremony in the park. I really want a first dance, but my mother says that's "too formal". Also, if it rains, the ground will be too muddy to dance on. We can't rent a dance floor, so what should we do? Can I still have my first dance? 

Re: Can I Have a First Dance at a Casual Reception?

• Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Are you having any kind of music at all?? Or would it be just for the first dance??
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would love to have music quietly playing in the background while we much on cake and finger sandwiches. I always pictured the music to be turned up a bit for the first dance. After that, I don't know. I was wanting a short party after the cake cutting (about an hour or so) when others could dance as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rules are all manmade. Have your first dance if you want to. You only get one first dance as a married woman. Make it as special as you want!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I think that people will kind of expect it and it would be really sweet to have your first dance under the sun/trees/etc!

"This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    bindirenbindiren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also planning a small wedding. it will be a backyard wedding.
    I think you need to do what you want. it is your wedding day and if you dont do it, you will regret it!!!!! You dont need a dance floor to dance, only music, you, and him! Its your day and you should do whatever comes to mind that you want to do. there are no rules!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards