Maine
Options

Calligraphy for Invites

So I have our invites, and have even stuffed all of them to get ready but I'm debating on how to do our guests addresses. I should do what everyone is telling us to do and just print them out on labels but that seems impersonal. Added to the fact that we're using wax seals to close the envelopes because we're dorks ;)

So I was thinking about doing Calligraphy, I think its gorgeous and it would go well with the look of the wax seals and such. I've always been very artsy and creative and I have good penmanship but I dont know....I'm worried I'll screw it up.

Has anyone done this?? Just curious...Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Calligraphy for Invites

• Options
    plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately I did not get to do calligraphy for my own invites, but I did do them as a gift for my sister's wedding a few years back. It is a LONG process. It's not necessarily a difficult one, but it's very time consumer and it will be labor of (hopefully) love if you do it. For my own invites, we had to do lables since I didn't have the time. 

I'm sure you'll be fine if you decide to try it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made wrap-around labels for my invites.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are printing our envelopes with a light grey calligraphy font than tracing over with a calligraphy pen. 

The truth behind a well laced dress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am calligraphing mine as I type (well I am taking a little brake rightnow) I ordered 50 extra envelopes and I have had already about 15 that I messed up and had to do over. So If your invites are already in the envelope I would eiter print labels or do the light print and write over. Really cool idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards