Wisconsin

Intros!

2»

Re: Intros!

• edited December 2011
    What is your name? FI's name? (sharing this is optional)
    I'm Lauren and my Fiance is Bob
    Your ages?
    I'm 24 and he's 32
    Wedding date? September 1st, 2012, just started planning last week
    How long have you been with your FI? We've been together for a year and a half

Where do you live? (city) We live in Denver, CO

Where are you getting married? Venue? Madison, WI. Probably Quivey's Grove or the Holiday Inn

How did you meet your FI? My FI was my best friends boss, she introduced us.  Although we didn't start dating until almost a year after we met.

What are you most looking forward to with the wedding? Having everyone together, and delicious cake.
    What is your favorite wedding planning idea/purchase? It's such a silly, little thing, but we want to have mason jars with simple wild flowers for center pieces. I think thats so cute (and it was my FI's idea, too)
    What do you do for a living/dream job? I'm working as a line cook in 2 restaurants right now, waiting for my turn to go to school.  My FI is a bar manager and working on his bachelors in accounting
    Any random thing you want to share with us? As one last splurge before we start saving everything for the wedding, we are planning a quick trip to see the band Widespread Panic play 4 shows in 4 days.

Share your proposal story. We went on a camping trip to Rocky Mountain National Park.  My favorite part of camping is going on hikes that have really pretty end points.  The hike we chose that day ended at a waterfall and I was walking around on the rocks taking pictures.  My FI had me sit down on a rock at the top of the water fall and he kissed me told me that he was so happy to have finally found me and excited to spend the rest of his life with me.  Then he pulled out a pearl engagment ring and I started laughing. I though it was joke.  I was completely suprised.  I knew we were going to get married someday but i thought it'd be ina couple of years. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm Andrea and he's Beau

Your ages?
    I'm 29 and he's 33 (30 and 34 when we get married).  Even though we're old this is both of our first marriages...with no kids.  

Wedding date?
    Hoping May 2012

How long have you been with your FI?
    About 9 months :-)

Where do you live? (city)
    I'm from Racine but I like in Yorktown, Virginia.  He's from Washington State.  

Where are you getting married? Venue?
    We're looking at places in Racine and Milwaukee.  Top of the list right now are Meadowbrook Country Club in Racine and Best Place Pabst Brewery to Schlitz Nature Center in Milwaukee.  I'm visiting home in 2 weeks to visit venues and make a decision.  

How did you meet your FI?
    We met on match.com -- yes, it works! lol

What are you most looking forward to with the wedding?
    Seeing Beau in his service dress and all our friends dancing to our fav music.  

What is your favorite wedding planning idea/purchase?
    I haven't actually purchased anything yet but I'm excited for a lot of my ideas.  

What do you do for a living/dream job?
    I just got out of active duty Air Force.  I'm currently a Reservist in Pittsburg and looking for a management job.  He's an Army Major in Acqusitions.  

Any random thing you want to share with us?
    We moved in toghether after 5 short months together.  I guess when you know, you know.  

Share your proposal story.
    Well, he had a really sweet idea but it didn't exactly work out the way he planned.  Our first date was a mountain bike ride so he wanted to go back to that place to propose.  I knew he had the ring but I wasn't expecting anything.  While I was upstairs getting ready to go, he got excited/nervous and came up and proposed to me in the bathroom....so romantic, lol.  
  • edited December 2011
    Brenda/Steve
    Your ages?
    47/52
    Wedding date?
    April 28, 2012
    One year
    Wautoma
    Princeton
    Having my kids be part of it.
    Just really getting started.  Going to keep it simple.
    Local Gov't.
    This is my 2nd wedding.  His 3rd.  Could really use some Keep it Simple ideas.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm Kelly, he's Craig

Your ages?
    I'm 29 (will be...yikes...30 at the wedding), he's 36, will be 37

Wedding date?
    5-19-12

18 months

Delafield

We're getting married at our church with the reception at The Delafield Hotel

Everyone loves this story...we actually (initially) met on a hosted singles cruise.  Just talked briefly.  A few months later, a mutual friend invited us (separately) to meet up with a group in Vegas.  Due to some "encouragement", Craig started e-mailing me about 2 months before the trip to Vegas.  We were inseparable from the moment we met up in Vegas.  He lived in Seattle at the time and I was in Oconomowoc.  We had the long-distance thing going on for abot 6 months before he couldn't take it anymore and moved to Wisconsin.

The look on his face when the doors open at church and he sees me in my Disney-inspired princess wedding gown :)

I am quite proud of my invitation design.

I'm a Certified Vet Tech

We both love to quote movies and can pretty much recite the movies Top Gun and The Goonie verbatum.

I really tried not to put any pressure on him to propose.  He had just started a new job in IT Security and I wanted him to get comfortable with the work.  Our standing joke was that it would be "sometime before the end of the year".  He made that deadline....just barely.  As in 11:59pm on December 31st.  We had gone out with some friends for dinner and drinks to end 2010.  Since we're both early risers, we ended up lounging on our couch after dinner and were close to falling asleep.  He got up like he was going to the kitchen for some water but instead, he pushed the ottoman out of the way and dropped down on bended knee in front of me.  The proposal was short and sweet and of course, brought me to tears.  He got the answer he wanted :)
  • edited December 2011
    Kali & Jon

Your ages?
    29 & 33

Wedding date?
    April 1, 2012 (this is the day we met six years ago). We celebrate our anniversary every month because it is so odd to have met on April Fool's day. lol

5 years together and engaged for 2 years get married on our 6 year anniversary.

Waukesha

Elkhorn, WI

Every woman's fantasy...He was my cable guy!! (not Jim Carey type though)
    Pulling off a 70's vintage wedding without it being costume like

Can't wait to see the floral arrangements we choose.

I work in global project management.

This site is based on love so please no snotty comments or spell checking. I am a free spirit and enjoy kind, thoughtful, and endearing people.

We went to Florida for a week to celebrate our 3 year anniversary. Road tripped from Fort Meyers, to Miami, South Beach, Key West, and then to the Everglades. We went out to eat at Red (menu says "Market Price" for almost everything (but then again who even looks at the price tag?? jk) After surf n turf and wine I couldn't walk. (If you can't tell by now I'm not your typical bride and my relationship is a "Bad Romance"Tongue out not a "Cinderella fairy tale". Past'd out (I'm not a drinker). Woke up the next morning enraged that he didn't propose because I thought he would. J says "Calm down, go in my pocket"... a ring pops out! Yeah!!
    Just a fool in love! 4/1/2012
  • edited December 2011
    My "proposal story" is about the same. When you are together for so long its like you are already married. Which in some aspects is more reassuring because there are no surprises that could ruin the relationship. Getting married after a long-term relationship will only make your relationship stronger.

I got engaged three years ago. Called if off and now we are getting me a new ring customized. So he is going to pop the question again but I just won't know when but we have already booked the venue and started all the plans. 

Prince William and Kate were together a long time, broke-up, dated some more, then got engaged, and he decided not to even get a wedding ring at all!!

It's 2011....tradition is old. And if non-traditional is good enough for the Prince of England than it sure is good enough for brides like us.

Congrats and warmest regards!!

Kali
    Just a fool in love! 4/1/2012
  • edited December 2011
    What is your name? FI's name?
    Bridgett and Jeremy.

Your ages?
    I am 25 (26 at the wedding) and Jeremy is 29.

Wedding date?
    May 19th, 2012/

By the wedding, it will be over four years.

We live in Wheeling, Illinois. It's a northwest Chicago 'burb.

Ceremony and reception at the Country Springs in Waukesha.

Myspace. (In 2008, it was still relevant!) He was looking at profiles of girls based on shared interests and he sent me a message.

Wearing my dress and getting all dolled up.

My dress is pretty awesome, but my red shoes are definitely the best.

I work in the office for a car dealership, and it is in no way a dream job. I recently started going back to school part time to finish my accounting degree. Jeremy spends his days on the phones with auto repair shops getting invoices paid.

I was with him when he picked out my ring, so I knew I was getting it, just not when or how. I lived in Wisconsin when we started dating and he lived in the Chicago area. Halfway between where he worked at the time and where I lived is Kenosha, so we would meet there after work and have dinner and wander around whatever store was closeby. We had our first date at the Texas Roadhouse there, so we went on a pretty regular basis, pretty much every month on our anniversary. Around a year ago, I transferred to a job in the area he lived in, so we were close together, but there are no Texas Roadhouses unless we drove an hour north or south. So one Saturday around our monthly anniversary, he said, "let's go to Kenosha and go to Texas Roadhouse!" After dinner, he opened the car door for me (we were parked in the exact spot where we had our first kiss) and dropped down to one knee and gave me the box. It was a big mess though--he didn't unwrap the box from the paper the store had it in and neither of us could figure out how to open it!
  • edited December 2011
    Stephanie and Bill

Your ages?
    20 and 21 (we'll be 23 and 24 by the wedding)

Wedding date?
    As of today the rough guess for the date is July 18th, 2014 (we need time to save, I'm paying back loans and Bill wants to finish school before we are married)

10 months as of yesterday!

Appleton

Came to this site looking for ideas! Possibly Bridgewood Resort in Neenah.

Through a mutual friend.

Just finallly being able to call Bill my husband! :D

I want to have our ring bearer/flower girl walk our dog, Rascal, down the aisle. He loves to dress up, so hopefully we can find him a little tuxedo.

Housekeeper currently. But after we're married I hope to be able to go to school to become an ultrasound technician.

Like someone mentioned earlier, Bill and I moved in together very early...I think I moved my things in on our 3 month anniversary. We lived with his parents (yikes!) for 5 months! Just moved to our own apartment in September after a long and difficult apartment hunt!

Very recently, we were watching TV at 11pm on 11/11/11 and just waiting for that "epic wish". So when the clock on the cable box turned to 11:11 Bill told me to kiss the clock and make my wish. I thought he was joking, just to pick on me or he was going to push me over when I crouched down to do it, I don't really know. But I told him he had to do it first, and we bickered back and forth until he finally did it. So I knelt down to kiss the clock, but I was too late! It turned 11:12, and I turned around to see Bill sitting on the floor with a box in his hand. But it was the box that I keep my navel rings in! And that's what I told him! He said, "I know. I just borrowed it. Because my wish is that you would marry me."
    I was completely surprised, even though a few days before he had mentioned it would be cute and memorable if he were to propose at 11:11 on 11/11/11. But he said he it just wasn't possible right now.
    And here we are a week later! :D

• edited December 2011
    What is your name? Danielle

FI's name? Chris

Your ages? I'm 30, he's 36.

Wedding date? Not yet set, but we're thinking end of September 2012

How long have you been with your FI? Since August of 2010 - so just over a year.

Where do you live? (city) I'm in Medford, WI - he's in Madison.

Where are you getting married? Venue? Not 100% sure, but we're thinking Lake Windsor Golf Club.

How did you meet your FI? On PlentyOfFish.com 

What are you most looking forward to with the wedding? Having it be a real reflect of who WE are, both as individuals & as a couple.  And throwing a BITCHIN' party!  

What is your favorite wedding planning idea/purchase? I don't have any yet!!

What do you do for a living/dream job? I'm a lawyer - and it is my dream job!  (Well, technically my dream job would be to be a US Attorney or a lawyer with the DEA, FBI, or CIA.)

Any random thing you want to share with us? My name is based off an inside joke.  I'm kind of a foodie, and he was ADAMANT that a tomatillo was part of the "nut family."  I told him HE was part of the nut familly, and the tomatillo has stuck ever since.

I recently relocated to a new town to start my career.  About 2.5 weeks prior to that, my fiance (ack!!! I have a fiance!!! :) ) changed careers as well.  All of this means that in the past month or so, we haven't seen a whole lot of each other.

He wasn't able to "see me off" when I moved, and it stung, but I understood.  He got back into driving truck, and his company sent him on a 2-week road stint that had him going out to CA, then down through the southwest, into TX, then back up to home (Madison, WI for him).

He got home Friday early Friday afternoon & tore around like a mad man to get up here (I'm 3.5 hours north now).  He had to stop and pick up some stuff from my parents that I wasn't able to bring up during the big move, and he was bringing that in.  I kept asking if he needed help, and as usual, he wouldn't let me help him.  He finally stood just outside my door and said he had something for me, but he had to put it together.  I was told to get a glass of wine and sit down.

So I did.

He came over by me with a glass bowl.  In the outermost bowl, he had placed sand from the desert he drove through in Arizona.  Nestled in the sand was a smaller bowl filled with salt from the Bonneville salt flats.  Inside of that bowl was an over turned shot glass from Texas.

Now, he's telling me about his time on the road, and explaining where each of these things came from.  He removed the shot glass, and said, "I've been all over this country alone, but now I have someone I want with me all the time.  Will you marry me?" and took out the ring that was nestled in the salt, under the shot glass.

In between laughing & crying, the first words were, "Are you SERIOUS??"  I was just shocked.  Then I laughed & cried some more and OF COURSE said yes!!

So yeah - a bit about me!  Look forward to getting to know you all!

Danielle
    Visit The Knot! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I'm Ashley and he is Jesse

Your ages?
    I'm 25, and he is 26

Wedding date?
    March 17, 2012 St Patrick's Day!!

We have been together for about 2.5 years.

I live in Freeport Illinois (Rockford area) he lives in Lockport (suburb of Chicago)

The ceremony will be in Waukesha and the reception at the Brookfield Suites Hotel

WORK! ha

I'm looking forward to NO MORE DISTANCE, we've been apart for about 14 months now and its getting OLD!

I can't choose!!!! I'm very excited about a lot of things!

I was a gymnast for 16 years and I wish I still was!!! I should have never stopped, I miss it like crazy!!!

He proposed to me the night before my 25th birthday at my "birthday dinner" with our families. We went to Ryan Braun's restaurant in Milwaukee. He had it all worked out with the restaurant manager that when I got there the manager would pull me aside and tell me he had a message from my boyfriend that he was going to be late from Chicago...but when he walked me out the door because it was "loud" inside he said "don't worry we found him" and pointed to the end of the pier where Jesse was sitting alone at a table with beautiful flowers and all dressed up!! I was crying before I even got to him! It was perfect!!!!

• What is your name? FI's name? Amy, FI is Jason

Your ages? I am 25 and he is 26

Wedding date? August 11, 2012

How long have you been with your FI? 5 1/2 Years

Where do you live? (city) Kiel (Rural Sheboygan- 1 hour North of Milwaukee

Where are you getting married? Venue? Ceremony and Reception will be at Autumn Ridge Golf Course near Kiel

How did you meet your FI? We were set up by a mutual friend!

What are you most looking forward to with the wedding? Finally officially making Jason my family!
    What is your favorite wedding planning idea/purchase? Not sure yet... still have a lot of planning to do!

What do you do for a living/dream job? I am a Trainer for a call center and I love it, but my dream job is to be a Corporate Trainer and travel to different businesses.

I knew that the proposal was coming soon, because we were in the process of buying a house, and I told Jason that it was very important I had a commitment prior to closing. So, the Friday before we bought our house, we took the day off to have an adventure day. Jason scheduled a couple's massage, and then we drove out to the Parnell Tower in the Kettle Morraine, and I thought it would happen then; but it didn't... so we went to our favorite restaurant on lake Winnebage and I thought it would happen then, but it didn't... we were leaving the restaurant which also has a small tower that you can walk up, and Jason asked if I wanted to go up because it looked really pretty. We did, and saw blue birds and a crane and it was beautiful, and I thought it would happen then.... and I kept waiting, and waiting, and finally, I said "lets go." He agreed, and I was half way down the first flight of stairs when I hear "honey" and I look back and he is on his knee at the top of the stairs. I got so excited I ran to him and jumped him and started crying. He asked if I wanted the ring, because I didn't even give him a chance to put it on! So he put the ring on, and I loved it, and it was the best day ever! When we left the restaurant we went to his house, and all of our friends were there for a bonfire to celebrate with us! It was the best day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • "What is your name? FI's name?"
    Kristin and FI name is Travis

"Your ages?"
    32 and 34

"Wedding date?"
    August 11th, 2012

"How long have you been with your FI?"
    Since April of '11. Known him for longer.

"Where do you live? (city)"
    Currently live in Madison though I had been living in Chicago for 5 years previously and we're moving back there this summer.

"Where are you getting married? Venue?"
    Grand Geneva in Lake Geneva.

"How did you meet your FI?"
    Mutual best friend who kept talking about one of us to the other. Met and he loved me immediately. 5 years later with little contact and he sends me a message on Facebook that my haircut looks nice and I should smile more.

"What are you most looking forward to with the wedding?"
    The ceremony... getting married to my FI. Reception decor and party with friends.

"What is your favorite wedding planning idea/purchase?"
    Idea of a scavenger hunt for kids/bored adults during the reception.

"What do you do for a living/dream job?"
    I apply for grad school and plan this wedding.

• What is your name? FI's name? (sharing this is optional)
    Libby, FI I'll call FRV
    Your ages?
    We're both 31.
    Wedding date?
    8/25/2012
    A dozen years.
    Chicago.
    Milwaukee @ ???
    We met in college when we were sophmores.
    Having all my family and friends in one place.
    Don't have an answer for this yet.
    Social Worker!
    Our cat is named Fatty but she's lost so much weight that we should rename her.
    Ha! We met 12 years ago; we fell in love during that time and finally decided after accomplishing many of our goals that it's about damn time we tied the knot.
    Emily and James

Your ages?
    Both 27 as of next week  (ack!  that's starting to sound old!)

Wedding date? 
    7/13/13

Six years and change

Where do you live? (city) Currently Oak Creek, but this is the fifth city we have lived in together so who knows where we will be next!

Turner Hall Ballroom in Milwaukee

We met at a bar in college through mutual friends.

Just being married.  Continuing to build our lives together.  And of course, and awesome party!

Our venue.  I LOVE it!  Or our photographer.  I LOVE him too.  Since that's pretty much all we have planned so far, I think it's a good start.

I'm a social worker, just finished my master's about a year ago.  

We have a 17 pound cat named Bailey.

James planned a romantic weekend in January, and I was hoping and expecting a proposal... and it didn't happen!  The next day we were at home hanging out and he proposed in our living room with both of us in sweatpants.  It was perfect and I couldn't have planned anything better if I tried!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Intros!:
    What is your name?  FI's name? Tabitha, FI - Travis
    Your ages? I'm 28 (29 at the wedding), he's 31 (32 at the wedding).
    Wedding date?  1/26/2013
     How long have you been with your FI? Will be 2 years in a few weeks
    Where do you live? I live in Appleton and he lives in Fond du Lac - for the time being until closer to the wedding then probably going to Oshkosh
    Where are you getting married? My home church in Wrightstown - reception in Brillion
    How did you meet your FI? On line - singlesnet.com
    What are you most looking forward to with the wedding?  Seeing him for the first time, and seeing his face when he sees me in my dress!
    What is your favorite wedding planning idea/purchase?  I don't have any yet!!
    What do you do for a living/dream job? I am an accountant
    Any random thing you want to share with us? My name is from the tv-show Bewitched. Share your proposal story. We went to Machinaw Island in MI for my birthday weekend. While on the island he kept want to stop for a smoke, I didn't think anything of it. Then after awhile he stated he needed / wanted a drink so I agreed and we stopped at one of the bars on the island. After awhile we decided we should get going back to meet up with family off the island and i kept grabbing for his pocket to get my keys back and he kept slapping my hand away little did I know my ring was in there! So we got back to the main land and when for another walk along the water. I walked in the water for a bit and was trying to wipe the sand off my feet when i was done. Travis tried to help by going in the water and throwing water on my feet, I got mad because he walked in with brand new shoes on, so he said fine and walked away to sit on a bench. Once my feet were clean and my shoes back on I walked over to the bench and as i walked he got down on one knee pulled out a ring as asked "Tabitha will you marry me" all I could say at that moment was really really really Travis really, with tears I said yes. So can't wait to marry my best friend!
  • In Response to Intros!:
    What is your name: Meghan  
    FI's name: Justin
    Your ages: I am 30 and he is 33
    Wedding date? We don't have a date set yet.  Depends a lot on costs and where we can book, we are tentatively thinking October/November of 2013. 
    How long have you been with your FI: 3 1/2 years  
    Where do you live: Greenfield
    Where are you getting married: Not decided yet, probably either Milwaukee or Waukesha
    Venue: Not decided. 
    How did you meet your FI: Mat.com
    What are you most looking forward to with the wedding: Becoming a wife!
    What is your favorite wedding planning idea/purchase: I haven't bought anything yet, but so far my favorite thing I've found is my cake topper, which is baseball themed, since our wedding will be baseball themed. 
    What do you do for a living: Customer service for a material handling/industrial supply company. 

Share your proposal story: We were in Minneapolis for the Brewers/Twins series.  We had gotten to the hotel, and when we opened the door, I saw that there were two vases of flowers.  The flowers were in Brewers colors and they were in baseball holders/mugs.  He told me to read the note with the flowers that read, "Hello Meghan, I hope you have fun at the game tomorrow with your fiance."  When I looked up from reading the note, he was down on one knee with the ring box in his hand and he said, "I love you, willl you marry me?"  Of course I said YES!
  • What is your name? FI's name? Sarah and Kurt

Your ages? 30 and 30

Wedding date? August 24, 2013
    How long have you been with your FI? a little over a  year

Where do you live? (city) Shawano

Where are you getting married? Venue?  Arbor View Conservation Garden and  Mason's Ridge - both in  Clintonville where I am originally from.

How did you meet your FI?  Company picnic - we work for the same company however in different departments and never had any interactions with each other until the picnic. 

What are you most looking forward to with the wedding?  marrying the man of my dreams. at the end of the day that's all that really matters.

What is your favorite wedding planning idea/purchase?  I'm a planner and planning all of it is  fun and frustrating at the same time.

What do you do for a living/dream job?  I'm a production planner for a foundry and I actually love my job.  I am also a working towards my associates degree in supply chain management.  I also work part time as a waitress for a supper club and have always had 2 jobs.

Any random thing you want to share with us?  I enjoy DIY projects and am having a very private/intimate ceremony & dinner, with a large reception to follow.  We have a very much brady bunch-esque family.  We were both previously married (very short first marriages as well as we were young and naive) and have children. 

Share your proposal story -
    I picked out my ring and knew that he had it, however did not know when or how he would propose.  He knew that I did not want to move in together with another person unless I was either married or engaged.  We went on vacation down to Florida in April and just had a very relaxing vacation.  I knew the ring was with as he locked it in the safe in the room.  I honestly wasn't sure when he was going to do it.  One day we walked over to the Ponce deLeon lighthouse and walked all the way to the top of the lighthouse - I later found out that he had originally wanted to propose at the top, however we were both shaking by the time we reached the top due to the height.  Two days later we went for our evening walk down the beach as we had been doing every night and we stopped to sit and watch the tide come in.  As we were sitting and chatting about how we didn't want to leave the beach as it was so relaxing and beautiful - he managed to pull the ring from his pocket and asked what I thought about spending the rest of my life with him.  I was completely over joyed.  Even though I knew the ring was with on vacation, it had been with him for weeks and weeks prior and I knew he would ask when the time was right. I couldn't be happier to have my best friend as my FI.   
    My name is Bridget and my FIs name is DJ
    Your ages?
    Im 22 he is 28
    Wedding date? 09/6/13
    How long have you been with your FI? 2 years

Where do you live? (city) Green Bay

Where are you getting married? Venue? probably Sturgeon bay outside at a pavillion/park

How did you meet your FI? Its kind of a funny story, we met online. I signed up for one of the sites, basically just because I was bored, same with him. There were tons of people that would messgae me every day and I never even thought about meeting up with anyone. Then he kept messaging me and we would talk about our interests and then we started talking dialy about how our days were and that kind of stuff....finally we agreed to meet and the first day we met we hung out for 8 hours!! We instantly clicked and I guess we just knew it was ment to be. I never ever thought I would have met anyone online so it was kind of a cool experience.

What are you most looking forward to with the wedding? Marrying the man of my dreams :) and decorating!
    What is your favorite wedding planning idea/purchase? the center piece for the head table.
    What do you do for a living/dream job? Right now I work in telecom. My dream job would be to open my own craft shop

Any random thing you want to share with us? We just had a baby on 10/19/12 and we couldnt be more in love!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What is your name? FI's name? My name is Lolly and FI's name is Ben.
    Your ages? I am 21 and he is 22 
    Wedding date? 12/28/13

How long have you been with your FI? We have been together for 1 year, but we were friends through high school and the beginning of college, we have know each other for about 5 years.
    Where do you live? We are both from Hartfor d, WI, but currently live in Milwaukee.
    Where are you getting married? Ceremony will be at St. James Episcopal Church in Milwaukee. The reception venue? Good question. 
    How did you meet your FI? We met in high school. We had a few classes together and I manged the wrestling team and he wrestled on it. I had a huge crush on him for 3 years, and he was completely oblivious. We reconnect over winter break and started dating in 2011.
    What are you most looking forward to with the wedding? That first kiss as man and wife, while it isn't much different from anyother kiss, it represents so much!

What is your favorite wedding planning idea/purchase? I have two things. First, the dances. I come from a family that likes to dance (one of my sisters works for and competes in ballroom dance). We are doing or first dance/father daughter dance in reverse (which some people are shocked by). I am dancing with my father first to a song he sang to me growing up, then my dad and I are going to start dancing to the song "Could I Have this Dance," and Ben will cut in and we will continue on with our first dance.  Second is getting to wear the lace from my grandmother's wedding dress. It was used as the skirt on my mother's dress, then repurposed as the underskirt for my sister's wedding, and now it is my turn to get to wear it. 
    What do you do for a living/dream job?I am finishing up nursing school and he is about to graduate with a psych degree, and commission as a Second Lieutenant in the Air Force. I would love to work in a Base Hospital where ever he is stationed.
    Any random thing you want to share with us? I come from a family of four girls and he is from a family of four boys, so it made wedding party picking fairly easy. 

Share your proposal story.The least romantic way possible. I knew the ring was coming (we picked it out together because I am a little different and didn't want anything big or a diamond).  It came in 2 days early, so that was a little surprising, and he got on one knee in the middle of his family's meat market parking lot as I was turned into the car. When I turned around, he asked me. I said yes. He handed me the box and walked away. I tease him all the time that I had to put it on my own finger and that he threw the box at me. But I wouldn't tried my meat market parking lot for any five star resturaunt in the world. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • edited February 2013
    My name is Nicole and my FI's name is Charles

Your ages?
    Im 27 and he is 32
    Wedding date?
    May 10, 2013
    we've been together for 10+ years, started dating in November 2002 :)
    We're in Green Bay, right by Lambeau Field!
    Ceremony at the Bridal Church and Reception at Stadium View
    My best friend in high school hooked me up with hottie older cousin, lol :)
    walking down the isle!
    My first thought was the dress, but actually that was probably the most stressful, the funnest part so far was either the cake or the centerpieces
    Im an LPN and my fiance is a Welder
    We have a 9 year old daughter and he has a 13 year old son. I believe we would have been married years ago but financially it was smarter for us to wait until we both finished college and had decent jobs. Cuz oh lord kids and life in general are expensive enough, a 10,000 wedding bill is like woah! :)
    We knew we wanted to get married, some day; we just werent sure when. One day we were walking through the mall and he decided, lets just go browse rings at Zales and so we did, and he kept saying, this would be beautiful, this would be perfect and pointed out a few. We ended up picking out a ring and he proposed right there in Zales. It's not the most romantic story, but it was unexpected and still very exciting!
    After so many years together, it was like "ahhh, finally"
    Kelly and Stephen

Your ages?
    26 (our birthdays are one day apart)

Wedding date?
    March 15, 2014

4 years

Eau Claire, WI

Appleton, WI/Somewhere in the Valley - need to pick a venue!

College/through a friend

The ceremony - finally having the honor of being his wife.

No idea yet!!

School Counselor

My name is Stephanie and my FI is Dan

Your ages?
    I'm 26; he's 28

Wedding date?
    October 12th, 2013

We have been together for almost 3 and a half years.

Pleasant Prairie, WI

Kenosha - The Kemper Center

We met at work

I'm most looking forward to getting all of the people I love most together in one place and enjoying every second with them!

I think my favorite thing that we're doing is the favors. We're doing a raffle for something fun... hopefully Bears/Packers tickets... since he's a Bears fan and I'm a Packer's fan. :)

I work in IT for a large industrial supply company.

I'm most nervous about finding my shoes...

We took the day off work and ended up in a jewelry store. This is very much like us.
  • What is your name? Vicki FI's name is Ken

Your ages? He's 28 and I'm 27

Wedding date? 5/10/14
    How long have you been with your FI? Is forever a suitable answer? We've been together for 8 and a half years

Where do you live? Rothschild

How did you meet your FI? We both worked at McDonald's the summer after we graduated High School

What are you most looking forward to with the wedding? Getting our crazy groups of friends and family together and having a great time!

What is your favorite wedding planning idea/purchase? I'm planning our wedding for mother's day weekend and, before our kiss, I want our mother's to give us a kiss because they gave us our first kiss of our single life, and it would be fitting for them to give us our last kiss of our single life.

What do you do for a living/dream job? I'm a day care lead teacher

We had gone on Valentine's day to purchase the ring, but it sat on the kitchen counter until June.  We were up north and he had told me we were going for a walk.  We get up the road a little ways and told me that he had this whole idea in mind, but had forgotten the ring at home.  I asked him if, when I got home, I could put it on and he said no, that he'd ask me again.  Fast forward to that Wednesday...I had just gotten home from Zumba class when he decided he was "gonna do this now"  He asked me if he should get down on one knee, and I said he didn't have to.  His response was "I'm gonna do this right." :)
    Nikki (me), Matt (FI)
    Your ages?
    26 (Me), 27 (FI)
    Wedding date?
    August 2014
    A little over a year
    Appleton, WI
    We just got engaged recently, so we are still securing the date/location. Likely Bridgewood Resort in Neenah (just outside of Appleton) though. We have a meeting this week to confirm.

Haha...we were 'that' couple and met on an online dating site.
    Those moments that I can have with FI alone. I would be fine with no wedding at all--- it is about what happens AFTER the wedding that matters, but I just want to be with him as my husband!
    What is your favorite wedding planning idea/purchase? We are doing a modified  'beer pong' as our 'dinner kiss' thing. If they want us to kiss, they have to shoot and make a cup. It is such a light-hearted and fun way to get people up and moving during dinner when others are still eating. 
    I am a business analyst
    Any random thing you want to share with us? I have been married and divorced already. I am a fan of the 'Second Weddings' board. I met my soul mate this time around. I can't imagine a day without him in my life.

FI and I moved pretty quick. We bought a home together about 7 months after dating (mostly because we have 3 dogs between the 2 of us and NOBODY would rent to us). I fall more and more in love with him by the day--- no regrets!  Anyways, on the 1 year anniversary of our first date we 'recreated' that first date. He took me to the sports bar we first met at. We shared a few beers and dinner together. When we came home, he told me to go get in my 'comfies' while he set the TV up for the movie. As I was changing, he put name tags on each of our puppies. 'Nikki' - 'WILL YOU' - 'MARRY ME?'. He brought them over to me after I sat down on the couch. It was so perfect. It was in the home that we share together and he incorporated all 3 of our babies. :)

We spent the rest of the night snuggling our puppies on the couch and talking about how much our lives had changed for the better in the last year.

Ericka & Dan

Your ages?

28 & 32

Wedding date?

5+ yrs

Waukesha

Milton, WI

We bartended together!

Do enjoy it after all this crazy planning!

The dress!

Massage Therapy

Having a hard time picking a musician because I play the piano.  I usually play for weddings and now it's time to pick my own.  ugh. 

I was in the bathroom getting ready to go out to dinner. He was going for the surprise element... it worked.  :)

-Tammy & Travis

Your ages?

19 & 19

Wedding date?

8.2015 (specific date TBD since it is so far out) we're in college currently and want to wait until after graduation to plan

3 years on August 24th

La Crosse

T
    win Cities area - still researching opitions

High school sweethearts

Planning & being together

The decor! We've already picked out our colors - Purple &  black and I love feathers so those may be encorperated

Currently work in childcare - dream job is having my own in home daycare

My mother passed away in 2006 so I'm having a hard time starting planning without her help :/

I was proposed to on 3/2/2013 - My birthday is 3/1. I told him I wanted a piece of jewelry for my birthday because I've never really been given a piece of jewelry that's real. We had been looking at rings for a while so he knew my taste but I had NO idea it was going to be a ring. He kept it a secret pretty well and he's usually a horrible liar. We had a party at one of my classmate's houses for my birthday and another classmate with a birthday in March. He told me I wasn't allowed to have my gift until that party day. We opened gifts and he told me mine had to be last. In front of my classmates, he gave me a box with a roll of quarters and gum in it with a crumpled up note in it saying "Tonya A Marquart, will you marry me?" (he spelled my last name wrong, but in 2015 he won't have to worry about spelling my last name anymore because it'll be his :) ) and I look up with a "WTF?" look on my face and there he is with a ring in his hand. :) I didn't respond at first he goes "Well will you?" I go "Yes!!". A moment I will remember forever and wouldn't have it any other way. I love telling the story. <3

Stepfanie and Nick 

Your ages?
    28 & 29

Wedding date? 
     Undecided... but it will be this summer. It will be a very small intimate event, with probably only about 20 of our closest friends and family. 

2.5 years

Jackson, Wi (just north of Milwaukee)

we're down to 2 options but haven't decided yet...one is a nearby park with a covered bridge and creek.... the other is about 45 minutes away and is a very small ampitheatre surrounded by trees, right next to the beach. 

online. 

being married!!

honestly, I hate spending money on a wedding... I feel that we could be spending that money in much better ways.... so my favorite planning idea would be.... that we've decided to make this low budget and only invite our really close friends/family and have a bbq afterward.

I am currently not working/am a student. My dream job is to be a RN anesthetist. 

1. I often think that fi and I should just go to the courthouse and get married.
    2. After 10 years of working in a factory, I am just finishing up getting my CNA and have already been offered a job at my clinical site...and I couldn't be more excited to get this done and start nursing school :)
    3. FI's mom passed away a few months after we got engaged. One of the last things she told fi before she passed was that she wanted me to have her wedding ring. Since I already had my engagement ring, I still wear it... but when we get married, I will wear my engagement ring on my right hand and FI's mom's ring as my wedding ring. 

Well, fi and I had only been together about 6 months but we had talked multiple times about getting married. One day N came home from work and told me he wanted to take me shopping. When we got to the mall, he took me into the jewelry store and asked me to marry him. I said yes and he told me to pick out my ring. :)
    I am Donelle, he is Joe
    Your ages?
    I am 29, he is 31

Wedding date?
    August 17, 2013

12 years!!

West Allis, WI

We are getting married an hour north of the city, at Lake Winneconne Park. They have a beautiful gazebo for the ceremony and renovated barn for the reception!

I was 16 and a sophomore in high school.  My older sister was dating his best friend.  I was going shopping with my sister and she was giving him a ride back to his house since it was on the way and his car was being worked on.  The rest is history!

Saying my vows and then the party afterwards!! :)

My favorite thing so far was seeing the venue and paying for it! It is such a beautifully renovated barn right on the shore of the lake!

I am a phlebotomist (I draw blood from people, in case people dont know what that is.... many dont know, believe it or not!) and he runs a lawncare business

We have done things extremely backwards..... we have 3 children, ages 10, 9 and 5! We have never wanted to spend the money on a wedding and never really considered just going to the courthouse.  We finally have a small amount put away that we can finally get married!

His family has a christmas eve party every year and "Santa" always comes by to visit and read from a paper on whether we were naughty or nice and give out one gift.  Well he read something from the paper and handed me a box and as I opened it Joe asked me to marry him!! :)
  • In Response to Re: Intros!:
    [QUOTE]What is your name? FI's name? (sharing this is optional) Andrea and Matthew Your ages? I'm 24 and Matt is turning 27 Wedding date? July 20, 2013 How long have you been with your FI? Just over two years Where do you live? (city) Bristol Where are you getting married? Venue? We are getting married at the farm. :-) How did you meet your FI? My cousin Greg and Matt are coworkers. Greg and his wife Melanie invited Matt and I out to the Kenosha County fair so it was more of a group date than just a regular blind date. We ended up having a blast that evening that we went out again that same weekend. What are you most looking forward to with the wedding? Marrying Matt and spending one of the most special days of our lives with our family and friends. What is your favorite wedding planning idea/purchase? These are both Matt's suggestions. He wanted to do a different first dance so my great aunt is going to play a polka for us. He also wants to have a soft serve ice cream machine. (I'm having troubles finding one to rent so if anyone has any ideas where to rent one please let me know!) What do you do for a living/dream job? I'm a special projects manager for a small buisness. I'm studying to get my associates degree in accounting. Any random thing you want to share with us? I love looking at all the wedding stuff and I'm hoping I can decide what I want to do at our wedding. LOL! Share your proposal story. Matt proposed the day after my birthday. We pretty much reenacted our second date. It didn't work out exactly as planned so he ended up proposing in my jeep sitting in the driveway. I was so happy he proposed!
    Posted by Andrea52387[/QUOTE]

Married on a farm??! this girl is jealous :) 
    I am Alyse, he is Trent
    Your ages?
    I am 26, he is 32

Wedding date?
    May 24, 2014

Almost 3 years

De Pere, WI

We are getting married at the Heritage Hill State Historical Park and our reception is at the Rock Garden

Trent and I met on Match. com in 2010. We had talked for a few weeks before we met. We had an amazing first date and I was instantly in love :)

Marrying my best friend and spending time with our loved ones

Favorite thing is the church at Heritage Hill. It was more than I wanted to spend, but it will be gorgeous!

I am a teacher in a private school and I absolutely LOVE my job!

Trent and I had spent the afternoon working around the house then grilled dinner. After dinner we decided to go for a walk down by the Fox River near our house because they had just built a new walking bridge and pier. We walked out on one of the piers and he got down on one knee and proposed. The sun was setting and it was perfect
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards