California-Tahoe

colors for a lakefront wedding ceremony

I was wanting something that would stand out a bit from the scenery, but not distract from it either... So far I was thinking a deep purple??? What is everyone else thinking about for colors? oh and it's going to be spring/early summer wedding.

Re: colors for a lakefront wedding ceremony

• edited December 2011
    hello! i am doing fall colors (apple red, burnt orange, chocolate brown with a splash of sunflower yellow) since my wedding is in september... :)

really, it's your wedding day! if you want to be bold, go ahead! but if you want to perserve the beauty of the surroundings, i can understand that. deep purple is gorgeous! you could pair it with silver or gold. i'd go with gold, since it's a spring/early summer wedding.

here's an inspiration board from www.greenweddingshoes.com that i really liked and might work for you!

http://greenweddingshoes.com/inspiration-board-5-romance-in-the-evening/

hope that helps!! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    surprise BFP 1/1/12 ~ EDD 9/10/12 ~ M/C 2/2/2012
    thank you, baby angel, for showing us we can DO it!
    appt with RE 11/1/12 ~ "you should take a HPT, your period's due soon" "yeah right"
    whoops! surprise BFP #2 11/2/12! ~ EDD 7/13/13 ~ you gotta stick, lil one!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the site!! Those colors sound great together!!
  • heatherrn2006heatherrn2006 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I got married on the lake in August.  I did a light blue and chocolate brown.  My thinking was for the blue for the water and brown for the mountains.  I thought it looked great and the colors go well together.  Hope this helps!

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Lake Tahoe next July (2011) and I am looking at a sky blue, chocolate brown and accents of cherry red.

If you're looking for something bold for the summer deep purple could pair nicely with a spring green and a neutral like champagne or white.

Good Luck!

• mbgallagmbgallag member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married August 2011 on the lake. I am doing Sangria purple (a david's bridal color) and yellow.
  • edited December 2011
    Where are you getting married? I am getting married at Gatekeeper's lodge on August 6th, 2011...Who are your vendors? Would love to chat!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards