North Carolina

Charlotte Bridal Dress Suggestions?

Does anyone have any suggestions for affordable (~$1,000) bridal dress/boutiques in or around Charlotte?  I've heard great things about Bedazzled in Gastonia but I'm not familiar with too many stores in Charlotte.  Please let me know if you any suggestions!

Re: Charlotte Bridal Dress Suggestions?

• edited December 2011
    hello! i bought my dress from Darlynns in Charlotte. I know a couple of other girls on the board went there as well.

mine is an Allure, and with full lace overlay and some beading, it was still around $800. i'm not sure what sort of dress you have in mind, but a simpler dress would be even less (i almost bought a much plainer one).

i would rec making an appointment for Darlynns if you have to go on the weekend- through the week you should be fine. and they're not open sundays. the girl who always helps me is Mallorie, and she's super nice and was really honest with me!

GL!
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    thank you so much for the suggestion!  I'll email them now :)
  • bellamisto43bellamisto43 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to NY Bride and Groom.  The day I went (day after Thanksgiving) they were having a huge sale.  They were wonderful and had dresses ranging in price.  Mine I ordered was part of the trunk show that day (Enzoani) and they were offering free veils with purchase.  They were really great to work with and I loved the store.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CltBride2008CltBride2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i got my dress at Poffie Girls in Gastonia - they are the best! Shockingly my dress was under $600 (I had a $1000 budget and everything I tried on was well under that)
  • ohsowellohsowell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Poffie Girls in Gastonia, they were amazing and truly tried to go out of their way to make a difference.  They are also running a 15% off your purchace special unitil the end of the year, I was able to walk in this time last year and got an amazing deal on my dress!  I love them, totally worth the drive from Charlotte.
  • edited December 2011
    I found my dress at Darlynns and have loved working with them. We are using New York Bride and Groom for our bridesmaid dresses. They seem great so far as well. I looked there for my dress, but couldn't find anything like the one at Darylnns.

GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
     I went to the Burlington Bridal Mart.It's a bit more of a haul, but not much of one. It's outside of Greensboro, but my mom and sister made the drive from Charlotte to meet me there (I live in Raleigh) and it didn't seem like a big deal to them. They have loads of dresses there, all under 1000. And I got my dress (no joke) 4 days after I ordered it. It's a bit more on the self serve side (not Kleinfelds) but all the dresses were lovely and budget friendly. If you strike out in the places close to charlotte, you might want to consider a trip up - it's busy on saturdays but starts clearly out around lunch time, so I'd aim for them.
  • Erin173Erin173 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

ohsowell--

Did Poffee Girls have a lot to choose from in the under $1000 range?  What other stores have you found (or has anyone else found?!) that has some good selection for under $1000?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards