Arkansas

Basin Park vs. Crescent Hotel

We are thinking about doing a destination wedding in Eureka Springs.  Can anyone make this easier for me and tell me which hotel they like better - Basin Park vs. the Crescent Hotel (for the reception).  I have called random businesses there to see what tge locals think and they are indifferent.  They all agree tht Basin is more fun and the Crescnt is just very pretty.  Help makeup my mind!!!

Re: Basin Park vs. Crescent Hotel

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arkansas_basin-park-vs-crescent-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:76Discussion:8cba2d63-6358-47f4-a568-876492c045acPost:8b427fdc-2e70-475b-8bc6-d3a3a8c2d69c">Re:Basin Park vs. Crescent Hotel</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you planning to get married in Basin Park proper or the hotel? I've been to weddings at both and frankly, I prefer the Crescent. There are 4 or 5 gorgeous options for ceremonies both indoor and out, and they are a lot more flexible planning wise. I've never been to a wedding in the park proper, but we've done shows there and frankly it's very noisy because of the street traffic and pretty plain. The Basin Park Hotel is nice and I like their rooms better than the Crescent's, but all of the weddings I've attended at that hotel feel the same as a wedding at any other nice hotel, but with twice the price tag I'm sure. Eureka's small enough and easy enough to get around that I'd have the wedding at the Crescent for the beauty and privacy and then go into town for the "fun".
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>We would be having the ceremony at the St. elizabeth so really this is more about the reception.  Thanks for the response!

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://eurekasprings.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arkansas_basin-park-vs-crescent-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:76Discussion:8cba2d63-6358-47f4-a568-876492c045acPost:31a8055a-ed6e-43f1-aa1b-efb3a75529d6">Re:Basin Park vs. Crescent Hotel</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Basin Park vs. Crescent Hotel : We would be having the ceremony at the St. elizabeth so really this is more about the reception.  Thanks for the response!
    Posted by nehgd9[/QUOTE]

I am having my wedding at Thorncrown and our reception in the conservatory at the crescent May 2013. In my opinion there is really no contest. The Crescent has such beautiful gardens and the conservatory is hands down the most beautiful reception space in ES. Have you had site visits?
  • Hello!  Jodie English here.  I am the Director of Sales for both the Crescent and the Basin Park Hotels.  And, yes...It's hard to say which we like better...it really depends on what you are looking for.  Both hotels offer historic ambiance in a beautiful setting.  Both hotels are nesteled in the heart of Eureka Springs with the Ozark Mountains as our backdrop.  We find that many of our destination weddings become like a family reunion.  My suggestion would be to contact Susan at 479-363-6321.  Susan is one of our wedding sales managers and can work directly with you to ensure that your special day is exactly what YOU want it to be.  We hope to hear from you!

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arkansas_basin-park-vs-crescent-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:76Discussion:8cba2d63-6358-47f4-a568-876492c045acPost:8553f3db-6dde-49a8-861b-709100ca4307">Basin Park vs. Crescent Hotel</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are thinking about doing a destination wedding in Eureka Springs.  Can anyone make this easier for me and tell me which hotel they like better - Basin Park vs. the Crescent Hotel (for the reception).  I have called random businesses there to see what tge locals think and they are indifferent.  They all agree tht Basin is more fun and the Crescnt is just very pretty.  Help makeup my mind!!!
    Posted by nehgd9[/QUOTE]
  • Jodie,

I'm so happy you replied.  Actually, just this past weekend we went to visit and I safely that I believe we found our place!  We have tentatively decided on the Basin Park because we have about 115 people - too big for the conservatory - to small (in my opinion) for the Crystal Ballroom.  While gorgeous, the Crystal Ballroom just wasn't "us".  We loved the ambiance of the Basin Park's Barefoot Ballroom - still has the views but with so much to do without taking much of a jog at all!  I wanted my guests to just park and spend the rest of their weekend without having to travel any further.  Terra has been great to work with thus far - ALWAYS returns emails in a short period of time and is completely honest and up front with all of my questions.  Thank you for providing such a wonderful staff to ease my nerves and help me with my quest!

On another note, the St. Elizabeth Catholic Church is gorgeous as well!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arkansas_basin-park-vs-crescent-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:76Discussion:8cba2d63-6358-47f4-a568-876492c045acPost:e8e5670c-05c8-444d-a19d-1f13903bb485">Re: Basin Park vs. Crescent Hotel</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello!  Jodie English here.  I am the Director of Sales for both the Crescent and the Basin Park Hotels.  And, yes...It's hard to say which we like better...it really depends on what you are looking for.  Both hotels offer historic ambiance in a beautiful setting.  Both hotels are nesteled in the heart of Eureka Springs with the Ozark Mountains as our backdrop.  We find that many of our destination weddings become like a family reunion.  My suggestion would be to contact Susan at 479-363-6321.  Susan is one of our wedding sales managers and can work directly with you to ensure that your special day is exactly what YOU want it to be.  We hope to hear from you! n Response to Basin Park vs. Crescent Hotel :
    Posted by jodieenglish[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards