October 2013 Weddings

Save the Dates (PIP)

I made my save the dates out of 2x2 travertine tiles (I saw this idea online) and attached a magnet to the back of them.  I hand stamped a pumpkin outline on the tile and then just filled them in with a paint marker.  I want to get some opinions on these.  Do they look ok?  Also, I am going to put the date on the bottom but I am unsure are to whether I should put our names on them or just put "Save the Date".  I sent one to my sister (she lives in FL) and she really liked them but the one I sent her had our names on it and the date and she said it was a little confusing.  I was thinking about also maybe including a business card of some sort that has the location and our wedding website on it.  My sister suggested putting the location on the back instead of including a card.  Any suggestions?

Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
image 125 Are ready to party
image 23 Are no fun!
image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet

Re: Save the Dates (PIP)

• My biggest question is, how well do they ship? Like are they durable enough to not break? And are they going to cost you more in postage due to weight? My first thoughts...But anyway, I think it's cute. I would actually be confused if your names weren't on it. I realize it's a small area you're working with but if you can fit it, names, date and STD, would be my vote. Maybe on the back you add a website link for more info? But very creative and cute idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with Lconoran on all aspects. How many do you have to ship? What is the cost of that?

• They are pretty thick so there is no way that they will break when being shipped.  I also bought small bubble envelopes on eBay for really cheap so that is what I am using to ship them.  The postage for these isn't much, it's about $.80 (2 stamps) a piece and I am only shipping out about 20-25.  I am not sending each individual person one, for family I am just sending it attention to the family because I figure not every peron in that household needs one.  These were really cheap for me to make also, the tiles themselves cost me less than $10 and the markers and stamp were really cheap also. 

148 Invited
    image 23 Are no fun!
  • Oh, BTW YGPM

• Sent you one back...let me know if you didn't get it.

148 Invited
    image 23 Are no fun!
  • Your turn!

• Maybe you could put Save the Date at the top of the tile and then put your names and date below the pumpkin design. Cute idea!  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you so much!  I am going to play around with these and see how much I can fit on there. 

148 Invited
    image 23 Are no fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards