Massachusetts-Boston

Boston Catcholic Church

Hi Ladies,

I am hunting for a Catholic church for our ceremony (no mass) and had a terrible experience with teh first priest I met with.  Does anyone have a suggestion for a priest and/or church in Boston that they really liked?

Thanks!

Re: Boston Catcholic Church

• Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it's not too far St. Johns Evangilist Church in Cambridge is nice. It's very bright on the inside--which I love. I'm a member and have always really liked the priest. I went through my RCIA there this last year.

And they have parking!

http://www.stjohncambridge.4lpi.com/
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at St. Cecilia's in Back Bay, which is a catholic church. I'm not sure if you could not have a mass, but its worth to look in to! Its a great church. here is the link http://www.stceciliaboston.org/ 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    St. Mary's in Charlestown is ridiculously gorgeous.  They offer wedding ceremonies and full wedding masses. Father Ronan is amazing there.  The fee to get married there is double for non-parishioners than what it is for members.  They have their own organist and vocalists as well that are very good.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

I agree St. Ignatius is a beautiful church, but you do need to either go to BC or be an alum. We went with St. Mary's church in Brookline, and the priest there is actually doing our ceremony at a different church that has since closed, but that I went to growing up.

• thedivaonethedivaone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've sung weddings at St. Paul Parish in Harvard Sq. and some of them were a service without communion.  It's a beautiful church.  You should check it out.  http://www.stpaulparish.org/
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • MikeF&SarahCMikeF&SarahC member
    edited December 2011
    "The Church on Arch Street" is a beautiful church on 100 Arch Street, Boston.  We thought about having our wedding there but ultimately went with the church I grew up going to instead.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    KDough - St. Cecilia's is gorgeous! What a beautiful church for a wedding. :)
  • pamstevens01pamstevens01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    St. Cecilia's in Back Bay is hopefully going to be ours too, really nice!
  • monbon11monbon11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  Unfortunately St. Cecilia is booked for May already.  And St. Anthony Shrine (the Church at Arch St) doesn't do weddings, FYI. :(
  • edited December 2011
    this might be a bit out of the way but we're having our ceremony/mass at St. Agnes in Arlington Center. It is absolutely gorgeous and there is parking!
  • bblouinbblouin member
    edited December 2011
    st. Anthony's in Revere is gorgeous.  i had an issue with the priest where we are getting married, in Leominster MA but we are having a different priest do it.  The Priest at the church we are using denied my cousin communion because she doesn't talk (she is special needs).  
  • diskothekdiskothek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin had hers at St. Brendan's in Dorchester.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards