June 2012 Weddings
Options

Monday Checks Anyone?

2»

Re: Monday Checks Anyone?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_monday-checks-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:427af7f9-5824-4dfe-954a-79738362ffc8Post:289b7667-432b-4167-94b6-f3c6242b2b92">Re: Monday Checks Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Checks Anyone? : In Response to Re: Monday Checks Anyone? : We went to visit a friend of mine that lives about an hour away... her and Carter are BFFs too :) And we brough my friends neice with us who is Carters friend at daycare. It was so much fun!! Then yesterday we went to FI's grandmas birthday party and played games and hung out. We also worked on the new house a little bit. It was just a lot of laid back fun. Loved it!!
    Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]
    That sounds so fun! I can't blame Carter for not wanting to go back to reality :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 309 Invited so far!
    image 142 Are ready to party!
    image 125 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are driving me crazy!
  • Options
    Jess- CONGRATS!!!! That is so exciting!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Just scheduled my B-pics!! Woo hoo!! May 5.... 2 months to get in killer shape! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! It's a much nicer apartment too. Newer, bigger rooms. Top floor (which is great because currently FI's upstairs neighbor is doing one of two things 1. A fight club 2. Throwing dumbbells at the floor).
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Do we have the same neighors midge? Haha ours above us are super loud too
  • Options
    This is really a Sunday check but I'm overly excited about it! FI and I booked our honeymoon yesterday! It took forever to agree on some place but we finally did and its all booked!
  • Options

Great checks ladies...
    -we decided on tuxes this weekend
    -Got some more couple's pics taken (these are a little more fun than our traditiional engagement photos, I wanted to mix it up for the photo guestbook)
    -scheduled an appt w/the florist to discuss bouquets
    -FMIL rented vases for the centerpieces ($1 to rent compared to $7 to buy!)
    -talked to friend that has side business doing DOC about helping out w/set-up
    -attempted to decide on ceremony music

To do today:
    -look into hotel blocks
    -call church and schedule FOCUS test and inquire about NFP classes
    -call potential lady doing ceremony music and reschedule meeting

Kelsey and Andrew 6/23/12 216 image Invited
    0 image Are ready to party
    0 image Missing out
    190 image Making me wait (tick tock)

RSVP Date: 5/15/12
  • Options
    We just finilized our invatation order.  They should be done by the middle of March.  We also ordered our wedding bands last weekend.  I feel like things are going by smoothly, yay!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_monday-checks-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:427af7f9-5824-4dfe-954a-79738362ffc8Post:5ca3f05f-619c-45d9-9ea4-67e77cac065e">Re: Monday Checks Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do we have the same neighors midge? Haha ours above us are super loud too
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

Do they have surround sound so loud it shakes your apartment? They do that too. I think yours are worse though from what I remember you saying about them. I'm just glad I don't actually <em>live</em> there yet.
  • Options
    We got the flower girls' shoes ordered today! :)

• Options
    Met with wedding corrdinator. She is sending an email to my wedding Planner in Domincan Reuplic. During the meeting...

- I picked my bouquet to toss
    - cake design
    - Ceremony decorations.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Stamped our address on the RSVP envelopes, finished our Target registry, finished pre-cana online, had our last meeting with the priest, and made charms for my bouquet with pictures of my grandparents who are no longer here.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 284 Invited so far!
    image 173 Are ready to party!
    image 94 Will be missing out!
    image 17 Are MIA!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_monday-checks-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:427af7f9-5824-4dfe-954a-79738362ffc8Post:6b644537-3e25-41fc-936c-cc6c61380513">Re: Monday Checks Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Checks Anyone? : Do they have surround sound so loud it shakes your apartment? They do that too. I think yours are worse though from what I remember you saying about them. I'm just glad I don't actually live there yet.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

And that is one of 5,000 reasons why I hope I never have to live in an apartment again.  Sharing walls can definitely suck.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_monday-checks-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:427af7f9-5824-4dfe-954a-79738362ffc8Post:8c698c93-0090-431c-ab7b-80942ed5eaf3">Re: Monday Checks Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Checks Anyone? : And that is one of 5,000 reasons why I hope I never have to live in an apartment again.  Sharing walls can definitely suck.
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]
    Exactly why we're hoping to be able to buy a place later this year.
  • Options
    I know you were all waiting on the edge of your seats, but we're officially approved for the apartment! It's on the top floor of only 2 levels! :)
  • Options
    I posted this earlier, but it must have been eaten!  We finished our online pre-cana and had the last meeting with the priest.  I stamped our address on all the RSVP envelopes.  We finished our Target registry and I made charms for my bouquet with pictures of my grandparents who are no longer here.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 284 Invited so far!
    image 173 Are ready to party!
    image 94 Will be missing out!
    image 17 Are MIA!
  • Options
    Slice, those are so cool! I love it!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_monday-checks-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:427af7f9-5824-4dfe-954a-79738362ffc8Post:f7ebdace-af02-41db-97db-5f7c5c28290a">Re: Monday Checks Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know you were all waiting on the edge of your seats, but we're officially approved for the apartment! It's on the top floor of only 2 levels! :)

Congratulations!! I bet your FI can't wait to get away from the neighbors!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_monday-checks-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:427af7f9-5824-4dfe-954a-79738362ffc8Post:6b644537-3e25-41fc-936c-cc6c61380513">Re: Monday Checks Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Checks Anyone? : Do they have surround sound so loud it shakes your apartment? They do that too. I think yours are worse though from what I remember you saying about them. I'm just glad I don't actually live there yet.
    We found out they have a dog and the company we lease from require all people with pets to be on first floors of their buildings so we know they haven't done the proper paperwork, deposit, etc for it. We reported them on it. They've stomped so bad some nights it's actually rattled the ice in my water I take to bed
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot to add that I received my bridal shower invitation in the mail today. My aunt made them, and they turned out really cute! It now feels so real. I'm starting to get really nervous.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

These are actually weekend checks.

- Saturday was my first dress fitting! She is currently working on them hem and will begin the bodice when I go back in a few weeks.

- We got our flower girl's dress. I can't wait to see her in it!

- I found out that my bridal shower invitations have been ordered! :)

Now I need to...

-Schedule my bridal portraits. Hopefully for April 21st
    -Contact some people my mom found for ceremony music.
    -Order bridesmaid jewelry.

• Options
    Nothing too major but after talking with my BMs we've decided they're wearing black peep toed shoes and pearls for the accessories. 

Also, the calligrapher found a mistake where the outer envelope spelling didn't match the inner envelope spelling and wanted to check which was correct.  The name she found misspelled was a last minute addition (thanks FMIL) and didn't get the million double checks the other names did.  So glad she caught it!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Not too much. It was my first day off from work since Feb 19, so I did as little as possible. But...

-picked up MOH dress. The other 2 dresses should be in the end of the month
    -got all ceremony music picked out, just need to download it and put it on the flash drive for our DJ. 

• Options
    - I stamped the remaining outer envelopes with our return address.  This time it went quick and smooth.
    - Started addressing envelopes.  I got about 35/100 done.  & I still have the inner envelopes to go.  FI said he wishes he had nice handwritting so he could help (haha I don't think he meant it but it was nice to say)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards