Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

What do you do w/your engagement ring during the ceremony?

Do you still wear it on your ring finger and then switch them around after the ceremony?  I know some people switch it to their right hand for the ceremony, but mine doesn't fit on any other finger?  Where can I put it??  Please help :-(

TIA

Re: What do you do w/your engagement ring during the ceremony?

• megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    I wore mine on my left hand.

Right after the ceremony I just switched the rings. It took all of 2 seconds and nobody even noticed me doing it.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • I plan to have my MOH hold it for me until after the ceremony.  Then I'll slip in on with the wedding band before the pictures.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • I just left it on my left hand. DH initially put the wedding band in front of it, and then at one point when we were sitting down, I switched them.
    imageimageimage
  • I just wore mine as I always do, and switched them after the ceremony.
  • I will wear my e-ring on my right hand during the ceremony.  Actually I saved an engagement ring blessing I saw someone posted on here and asked my priest if we could add that.  So I will wear it on my right hand for most of the ceremony, then after the vows and ring exchange, my priest will do the engagement ring blessing and FI will put my e-ring on top of the wedding band.  Here is the e-ring blessing in case anyone else is interested:

"The engagement ring is a symbol of promise and intention. Now the intention is realized and the promise fulfilled. Please place your engagement ring on *Bride’s Name* finger over her wedding band to symbolize that the love that brought you together will always protect and sustain your marriage."
    Crosswalk
  • I wore it on my left hand and DH slipped the wedding band on in front of it.  I didn't switch them until a few days later.  You can wear them in any order you like.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • My plan was to give my ering to my sister who happens to be my MOH.  My fiance and I have been together for 8 years, and on our 3 year anniversary he gave me a diamond and sapphire alternating band.  When we got engaged I moved it to my right hand, so now thats where it sits.  I will also be using it as part of my something blue. My WB and Ering fit together like a couple of the girls above have said, so I am just waiting to put my ering back on. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Pirata13 - I love that!  I may ask my priest to do that as well!!
    Anniversary
  • Engagement ring blessing is great! Thanks for the idea! :)
  • Thanks everyone for your responses!!  Pirata-- I might have our pastor do the blessing also....thanks!!
  • I wear my grandma's wedding band on the ring finger on my right hand.  There is no way I would not wear it during the ceremony so I will be keeping my e-ring on my left hand.  The band will go on above it and then I will switch them after the ceremony.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've never heard of an engagment ring blessing, but I love it.  I would love to do something like that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also wondered what to do with the ring. I will just leave it on my left hand. Love the blessing!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards