Utah
Options

Bridal Shops

Ok Ladies,  I have somewhat of a dilemma.  I am not getting married until June of 2010, but the wedding is in South Carolina, and my very best friend and my mom are both in the midwest (Indiana and Ohio).  I have a couple friends out here and my fiance's family is here, but I need some help finding a good bridal shop.  I stopped at Danielle's Bridal yesterday and they seemed wonderful.  I was looking for more shops and went online to read some reviews for places and they seem to be all over the place.  If you all have any suggestions or experiences it would be greatly appreciated if you would share them!  I just want to be sure to find someplace great because the people I really want to be here to look aren't here.  Thanks in advance!
"Gone to Carolina in my mind..." image

Re: Bridal Shops

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at the Perfect Dress in Fort Union and LOVED them!! I showed up on a Saturday without an appointment and they still showed me great service and I got a free veil with my dress. I also liked Mary's Bridal in Cottonwood. I absolutely HATED Fantasy bridal. They were fine as I was trying on dresses but as soon as I said I liked one of the dresses, the sales lady turned into what felt like a used car sales person, you need this, this, and this and you need to buy it all today. When I told her I wasn't ready, there was still another dress place I wanted to check out, she treated me like "how dare I waste her time" and not buy from her. I would not recommend them at all! GL!
  • Options
    mikosan1116mikosan1116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from The Bride's Shop on South Temple in Salt Lake. They were great! I highly recommend them.
  • Options
    MrsOpieMrsOpie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A Bride Beautiful
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress form A Bride Beautiful and I can't say enough about them.  I went just about everywhere and this place was my favorite.  The dresisng rooms seemed more private to me and for most of my time there anyway I was the only one trying on dresses.  Their dresses were also very beautiful.  They weren't cheap looking like many of the dresses at the other lower-end stores I went into.  The most expensive dress there was 2300 I believe, but most were from 500-1500 and I found  5 that I loved right off the bat.  I got a great deal too.  The first week a dress is in the store it is $300.00 off and my dress fit that bill.  They also give you $150.00 gift card for use in-store and an addition $75.00 off a veil.  Bridesmaids get 10 percent off. 
  • Options
    StefanieM522StefanieM522 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Fairy Godmother's Bridal.  The Lady who owns it Judy is so helpful.  When I walked into her studio, she told me that my search was over and that she had my dress and sure enough she did!! I love my dress and love the service that I recieved from her.  She made trying on dresses so much easier then at any other Bridal salon that I went to.  Her website is www.fairygodmothersbridal.com. Good Luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i lucked out and got my beautiful dress for only $100, it was retailed at $1500. A lady sold her wedding dress store, and was trying to sell the rest of her inventory out of her home. so i totally lucked out!!good news for you, i know of a lady in park city who sells dresses out of her home.. designer dresses only. ranging from $250 - $350,retails for $500-$5000. my friend got her couture dress from her for $350 and it was amazingly beautiful.Today and Forever Bridal GownsJoan Astle – home 435.649.9179, cell- 435.640.2014an Astle – home 435.649.9179, cell- 435.640.2014
  • Options
    BShreeveBShreeve member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from White Couture in Park City - but I had great experiences at Avenia Bridal (Provo), Alta Moda - both were really great.
  • Options
    roobee1roobee1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was pleasantly surprised w David's Bridal- got an awesome dress for a reasonable price and the girls there were way cool. They were also cool with us taking pics on the phone so we could send them to those who couldn't be present. Many shops don't want you to steal the design or something so they don't allow pics. I felt totally welcomed but not pressured at DB- plus they had a way better selection than I'd have thought!
  • Options
    roobee1roobee1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OOps, just noticed dates - congratulations!!! :) Hope my post is helpful to someone anyway.:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards