Not Engaged Yet

Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because...

Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because...

• melmac86melmac86 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2012
    What are your thoughts on gay marriage?

Like PPs have said - it's disgusting and infuriating that this is even still and ever was an issue. Gay people don't choose to be attracted to the same sex anymore than straight people choose to be attracted to the opposite sex - because it really ISN'T a choice at all. So, there is not a single reason in existence that is good enough to not allow gay people to be MARRIED. I have a younger brother (he's a week shy of 17) and he's gay. By the time he's ready to make that commitment, gay marriage better be legal or else I might not be able to restrict myself from going BSC on any members of government still banning it. My brother deserves the chance to be married if that's what he wants. If that's what he wants, his family deserves to witness it.

Is your muffin buttered?

Confession - I looked this up and do not remember this from Mean Girls. With that said - HELL NO! I don't like the feeling and TMI, but if a condom isn't used, I'm trying to get that sh!t out of/off of me ASAP!

What are your thoughts on pro choice/pro life?

Pro choice and again agree with PPs that said it should not be used as a form of BC. I could never make that decision for myself, but it's not my right to judge others for their choices.

Would you like us to assign someone to butter your muffin?

Absolutely not.

Are you a virgin? Why/why not? (Were you a hoe fo sho before you met your SO?)

I am not a virgin. It takes more than one hand, but less than 2 full hands to determine my share of men. I like the one I have now.

Which Disney mash up is your favorite? LINK

Stuntin' Like Mufasa, please.

What are your thoughts on purity balls/promise rings/purity rings/purity pledges/etc?
    purity balls CLICK HERE

Meh, I don't really get it, but to each their own.

What are your thoughts on doctors/pharmacists refusing to supply BC to women?

Not right. I guess if you're going to an MD with a religious affiliation against BC, then I suppose you would need to go somewhere else. I saw on the reunion of 16 & Pregnant that the one family had "Catholic" insurance and refused to cover BC. Granted they should've bought condoms, but still...the girl ended up flippin' pregnant, so instead of covering her BC, you're covering her hospital stay from a pregnancy you could've helped prevent in the first place. Again, condoms could've/should've been used, but that didn't happen.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-for-everyone-even-those-that-are-new-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c39a3180-585b-4070-ab80-06165d2b6eabPost:d42ccaa0-aea9-4fbd-aea8-bd03a49a60dd">Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because... : Did you find a different doctor who would give you one? That's what I would've done.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

No, I haven't found another doctor who is willing to do this for me... yet. I haven't given up hope though. A new hospital opened, and they have a OB/GYN ward with some new faces, so I am going to go see them soon and see about getting one. I
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • What are your thoughts on gay marriage?
    It annoys me that this is even a question. Why should two people who want to get married, not be allowed to get married? It shoudn't matter what their sexual orientation is, they are people and deserve the same rights. 

Is your muffin buttered?
    Actually, it was a few moments ago :)

I believe in pro-choice. However, I don't think that abortions should be used as birth control or after a fetus is a certain age where they can survive outside the womb. But that is what I think, not everyone is the same and they should be able to do with their bodies what they want.

No thank you, my FH is my muffin butterer and he does a damn good job.

Nope, I love sexy time. And yes, I was a hoe fo sho before I met my FH. 

Couldn't pull up the link for some reason...

What are your thoughts on purity balls/promise rings/purity rings/purity pledges/etc?
    purity balls CLICK HERE
    I don't really understand why someone would not want to have sex before they are married. I mean, what happens if you get married and the sex just sucks? You're basically screwed. You need a test drive first. The chemistry needs to be there.

This is stupid.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-for-everyone-even-those-that-are-new-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c39a3180-585b-4070-ab80-06165d2b6eabPost:5843ffc1-963d-41ea-8678-5b091a592608">Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because... : No, I haven't found another doctor who is willing to do this for me... yet. I haven't given up hope though. A new hospital opened, and they have a OB/GYN ward with some new faces, so I am going to go see them soon and see about getting one. I
    Posted by LilTexasGal[/QUOTE]

Don't give up on finding someone who will. A friend of mine has one because her and her husband don't want kids for another 10ish years and she didn't want to be on the pill that long. Your method of birth control should be your choice.

What is the big effing deal? Gays should ABSOLUTELY be able to get married. I'm about ready to hurt someone the next time I hear someone talking about the 'preserving the sanctity of marriage'. Don't like gay marriage? Don't get gay married.
    Is your muffin buttered?
    Not at the moment

I'm pro choice. I'm personally grateful I had that choice and no I don't regret it. I think there's more important things to worry about than taking away a woman's right to choose. Like how about teaching more sex ed and maybe there will be less abortions. Don't like abortion? Don't get one.

No, but thank you for asking.

No. Waiting for marriage or the right person was never important to me. Yeah I went through a slutty phase fo sho.

Which Disney mash up is your favorite? LINK
    The damn videos stopped working on me

purity balls CLICK HERE
    Promise rings are for teenager. Purity rings/pledges are whatever. Purity balls weird me out for some reason.

Bullshiiit. I don't have anything intelligent to say about that right now.

Now that I officially sound like a teacher, I'm off to answer these questions myself!

• I just want to add...my big brother is gay.  And I love and admire him.  And it breaks my heart that he can't marry in ANY state he chooses of the country he was BORN in.
  • Shoes, My little brother is gay and so are a lot of people in my family. I think that's why I get extra emotional about this issue.

• I don't want to pile on raven. I respect her opinion, though I don't think her justification makes sense at all for all the same reasons PPs mentioned. As a minority (whoa, I'm black!), a woman (whoa, I have a vajayjay) and as someone who's in an interracial relationship (WHOA! I like my dudes vanilla)! I'm tripple sensitive to this issue. 

I've (via ancestors) been told I'm not actually a person, I'm property. Because the Bible tells us so (or those in power, said they Bible tells us so). 

Turns out, not so much. Society had to be dragged kicking and screaming in the opposite direction, and endure a war in the process (History, yo!)

I was told my education, lunch counters, and bus seats should be separated, but what's the difference? It's all equal. 

Turns out, that wasn't so. And the National Guard had to stand by the doors of public schools just to let me enter. 

I was told I was too stupid to vote. Stay barefoot and pregnant, and oh yeah, where's my steak woman?! 

Turns out I have a brain and a mind of my own, to rival any man.

I was told I couldn't marry the man I loved because our skin tones were different shades (F-you Virginia!).

Turns out, love doesn't see color (at least mine doesn't). 

It's easy to look back NOW and say, "But, but, but...I mean, yeah, those were like totally obvious issues and stuff. I mean, duh, of course people aren't property and separate but equal was wrong." It doesn't take bravery to look BACK and declare something obviously wrong. What takes bravery, courage, and foresight is looking at an issue in the NOW and realizing just how far on the wrong side of it we are as a country. I have no doubt this will become another, "Oh yeah, well duh! I mean obviously it's okay." It may take 10 years, it may take 50. But I think we'll get there. Of course there will still be people who oppose it. Just like I'm sure there are people now who oppose my interracial relationship. But I hope we get to a place of acceptance (for most people) sooner rather than later.  
    edited June 2012
    Leese and shoes - girls with gay brothers unite! woo :) Until today, I didn't think I knew anyone with a gay brother (even though I don't technically "know" you guys). I'm so proud of my brother for being brave enough come out regardless of such a judgemental society. He's going to be applying for Columbia College in Chicago, which is a very LGTB-friendly environment.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-for-everyone-even-those-that-are-new-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c39a3180-585b-4070-ab80-06165d2b6eabPost:0354d228-27a1-4705-b614-765b0869bb5d">Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Leese and shoes - girls with gay brothers unite! woo :) Until today, I didn't think I knew anyone with a gay brother (even though I don't technically "know" you guys). I'm so proud of my brother for being brave enough come out regardless of such a judgemental society. He's going to be applying for Columbia College in Chicago, which is a very LGTB-friendly environment.
    Posted by melmac86[/QUOTE]

I just want y'all to know that my gay brother is awesome.  He went to UPenn.  He's brilliant, handsome, and can speak 7 languages.  He's a management consultant for one of the top consulting firms in the world, despite the fact that he's only 26. 

BOOYAH.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-for-everyone-even-those-that-are-new-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c39a3180-585b-4070-ab80-06165d2b6eabPost:4e8262d8-160f-4726-899b-b66782c6262a">Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't want to pile on raven. I respect her opinion, though I don't think her justification makes sense at all for all the same reasons PPs mentioned. As a minority (whoa, I'm black!), a woman (whoa, I have a vajayjay) and as someone who's in an interracial relationship (WHOA! I like my dudes vanilla)! I'm tripple sensitive to this issue.  I've (via ancestors) been told I'm not actually a person, I'm property. Because the Bible tells us so (or those in power, said they Bible tells us so).  Turns out, not so much. Society had to be dragged kicking and screaming in the opposite direction, and endure a war in the process (History, yo!) I was told my education, lunch counters, and bus seats should be separated, but what's the difference? It's all equal.  Turns out, that wasn't so. And the National Guard had to stand by the doors of public schools just to let me enter.  I was told I was too stupid to vote. Stay barefoot and pregnant, and oh yeah, where's my steak woman?!  Turns out I have a brain and a mind of my own, to rival any man. I was told I couldn't marry the man I loved because our skin tones were different shades (F-you Virginia!). Turns out, love doesn't see color (at least mine doesn't).  It's easy to look back NOW and say, "But, but, but...I mean, yeah, those were like totally obvious issues and stuff. I mean, duh, of course people aren't property and separate but equal was wrong." It doesn't take bravery to look BACK and declare something obviously wrong. What takes bravery, courage, and foresight is looking at an issue in the NOW and realizing just how far on the wrong side of it we are as a country. I have no doubt this will become another, "Oh yeah, well duh! I mean obviously it's okay." It may take 10 years, it may take 50. But I think we'll get there. Of course there will still be people who oppose it. Just like I'm sure there are people now who oppose my interracial relationship. But I hope we get to a place of acceptance (for most people) sooner rather than later.  
    Posted by DanieKA[/QUOTE]

Also, can I say that this was beautifully written?  Poetic even...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-for-everyone-even-those-that-are-new-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c39a3180-585b-4070-ab80-06165d2b6eabPost:ad5b2e0b-b989-424a-b21f-95fa67d41059">Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because... : I just want y'all to know that my gay brother is awesome.  He went to UPenn.  He's brilliant, handsome, and can speak 7 languages.  He's a management consultant for one of the top consulting firms in the world, despite the fact that he's only 26.  BOOYAH.
    Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]

Sounds pretty awesome to me! :)
    edited June 2012
    I don't know if you guys have seen this before, but I absolutely LOVE this when it comes to people who try to use their reasoning of "because the Bible says so" for why homosexuality is wrong (not saying anyone here does that). I find this really interesting, so here it is:

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God’s Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other specific laws and how to follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that we are allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but for some reason, most women get very offended.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can’t I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) Another friend feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don’t agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room there?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may my husband still play touch football if he wears gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/poly blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them (Lev. 24:10-16)? Couldn’t we just burn them with their in-laws (Lev. 20:14)?

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God’s word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan.

**I don't know who Dr Laura is or where this originates; I just stole it from someone's facebook**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-for-everyone-even-those-that-are-new-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c39a3180-585b-4070-ab80-06165d2b6eabPost:c0142598-89ab-4ea6-8a26-98e6c01aff84">Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because... : Don't give up on finding someone who will. A friend of mine has one because her and <strong>her husband </strong>don't want kids for another 10ish years and she didn't want to be on the pill that long. Your method of birth control should be your choice.

<div>Oh yeah, that was another thing. I am also "single", so I was a "single, childless woman". But I don't think marital status and/or child status should have to do with what kind of birth control is available. I really hope that once I am married I am a better candidate. </div><div>
    </div><div>I feel sorry for women who don't want kids and don't want to get married who want to get an IUD if they face doctors like the ones I have. </div><div>
    </div><div>Oh and.... I just saw a commercial asking women who have had medical problems while using nuva ring. Seesh. I feel like I've been seeing a lot of these types "cases" recently.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-for-everyone-even-those-that-are-new-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c39a3180-585b-4070-ab80-06165d2b6eabPost:186bcfc5-b176-47b8-84ad-dbc77845327b">Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because... : Oh yeah, that was another thing. I am also "single", so I was a "single, childless woman". But I don't think marital status and/or child status should have to do with what kind of birth control is available. I really hope that once I am married I am a better candidate.  I feel sorry for women who don't want kids and don't want to get married who want to get an IUD if they face doctors like the ones I have.  Oh and.... I just saw a commercial asking women who have had medical problems while using nuva ring. Seesh. I feel like I've been seeing a lot of these types "cases" recently.

That just seems so ridiculous to me! What if you were in a relationship where neither person felt the need to get married but were just as committed as a married couple? It is so not the doctor's place to make these judgement calls, they should give you all the information you need to make an informed decision not assume they know enough intimate details about your life to make the decision for you!

For it. I have yet to hear a logical or even rational reason that it shouldn't be allowed.

Is your muffin buttered?
    o.o

I'm pro-choice, but I've at least heard rational reasons for both sides. I'm not okay with the extreme measures being taken recently, though, like having women probed or even being forced to look at their sonograms. In general, I don't think the government should be able to force a procedure or anything similar onto anyone.

I would LOVE to have my own, personal, muffin butterer.

I definitely was not "hoe fo sho" before my bf came into the picture (by my standards ;p), but I wasn't a virgin, either.

Which Disney mash up is your favorite?
    Drop it Under the Sea is my favorite, but I'm a Lion King is a strong second favorite.

Purity rings, pledges... balls... They're pretty unneccessary they sometimes come off as self-righteous.
    Promise rings are absurd. Either you're engaged or not. 50 years ago they made somewhat sense. They're ridiculous now.

Doctors are supposed to do what ever they can to help the patient. By not helping the patient, they are failing at their job and not fulfilling their promises outlined in the hippocratic oath.

• @melmac86 Here ya go...
    http://www.snopes.com/POLITICS/religion/drlaura.asp

The response to things like that (from the extreme anti-gays) is always something completely irrational, like...
    "We don't DO those things anymore! In this day and age we don't have to follow those rules! We have to follow the homosexual rules, but not the rest of them! The Jews still don't eat shellfish, but that's a stupid rule, so Christians don't follow that one anymore! But the homosexual rule still applies today! I don't know why that one applies and the rest of them don't, but that's just the way it is! Homosexuality is a sin! rant rant rant!!!"
    Yes, because THAT'S completely rational.

I have never heard a rational reason why homosexuality (specifically gay marriage) is wrong.
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-for-everyone-even-those-that-are-new-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c39a3180-585b-4070-ab80-06165d2b6eabPost:276f1d92-8d43-4c45-b803-70088fae6236">Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]@melmac86 Here ya go... <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.snopes.com/POLITICS/religion/drlaura.asp">http://www.snopes.com/POLITICS/religion/drlaura.asp</a> The response to things like that (from the extreme anti-gays) is always something completely irrational, like... "We don't DO those things anymore! In this day and age we don't have to follow those rules! We have to follow the homosexual rules, but not the rest of them! The Jews still don't eat shellfish, but that's a stupid rule, so Christians don't follow that one anymore! But the homosexual rule still applies today! I don't know why that one applies and the rest of them don't, but that's just the way it is! Homosexuality is a sin! rant rant rant!!!" Yes, because THAT'S completely rational. I have never heard a rational reason why homosexuality (specifically gay marriage) is wrong.
    Posted by Simply Fated[/QUOTE]

Soo true. Not to mention that the Bible was originally written in several different languages, so I'm sure plenty of things were lost in translation. The way one person interprets a verse may be interpreted in a completely different way by someone else. Thanks for finding the original article.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-for-everyone-even-those-that-are-new-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c39a3180-585b-4070-ab80-06165d2b6eabPost:bf7aad23-761f-4c8e-8d3d-99fe8234672a">Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because... : Also, can I say that this was beautifully written?  Poetic even...
    Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]

<div>Aw, thanks shoes! I realized when I was finished it sounded a bit poem-y. I didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing, but I went with it! </div>
  • Melmac I saw that posted on facebook before. I cannot stand the 'Bible' argument when it comes to homosexuality.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-for-everyone-even-those-that-are-new-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c39a3180-585b-4070-ab80-06165d2b6eabPost:c379c78e-b4b7-4251-9050-c1b4d93ef19e">Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Melmac I saw that posted on facebook before. I cannot stand the 'Bible' argument when it comes to homosexuality.
    Posted by leese19[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's wrong on SOO many levels.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-for-everyone-even-those-that-are-new-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c39a3180-585b-4070-ab80-06165d2b6eabPost:ad0f1652-98a8-4da1-80b0-3103ee371ce2">Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because... : That just seems so ridiculous to me! What if you were in a relationship where neither person felt the need to get married but were just as committed as a married couple? It is so not the doctor's place to make these judgement calls, <strong>they should give you all the information you need to make an informed decision not assume they know enough intimate details about your life to make the decision for you!</strong>

This. I feel exactly this way.  They think after a 30 minute discussion with me (or however long the appointment lasts) they know enough about my personal life that they can make the call. If I end up becoming sterile from the IUD and decide later in my life to have kids and regret the choice, then that is my burden to bare, not theirs and they shouldn't be treating the situation like it is. I've already thought about this long and hard, and decided that since I am not wanting children for at least 10ish years, and probably will never want to <em>have</em> my own children or any children at all, and if by some chance I do become sterile and I do want to pass on my genes to my own off-spring well, tough sh!t, I'll just adopt a new born. Birthing my own children has never been something I wanted to do long before I even established that I don't want children.

If I change my mind, then that is on me, but I am almost 25 years old, going to be married in about a year to a man who thinks the same as me, and both of us have never had the desire to have children. Knowing myself, as only I can, I don't see myself with children. I feel I am making a very responsible choice by picking an effective form of birth that fits my lifestyle.

Sorry, I ended up ranting before I realized it. I guess this issue is one that is important to me, and has been a source of fustration for a while. I can't imagine what it is like for doctors to refuse things as common as the pill though, or people who are refused the right to buy condoms (I think I heard something about that a while back).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-for-everyone-even-those-that-are-new-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c39a3180-585b-4070-ab80-06165d2b6eabPost:6b4e7286-063a-4885-9629-0acd7fddf715">Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by jorja86[/QUOTE]<div>
     <3</div>
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-for-everyone-even-those-that-are-new-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c39a3180-585b-4070-ab80-06165d2b6eabPost:1f4a3e00-5d39-407c-8dd4-60b08ec0254b">Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because... : This. I feel exactly this way.  They think after a 30 minute discussion with me (or however long the appointment lasts) they know enough about my personal life that they can make the call. If I end up becoming sterile from the IUD and decide later in my life to have kids and regret the choice, then that is my burden to bare, not theirs and they shouldn't be treating the situation like it is. I've already thought about this long and hard, and decided that since I am not wanting children for at least 10ish years, and probably will never want to have my own children or any children at all, and if by some chance I do become sterile and I do want to pass on my genes to my own off-spring well, tough sh!t, I'll just adopt a new born. Birthing my own children has never been something I wanted to do long before I even established that I don't want children. If I change my mind, then that is on me, but I am almost 25 years old, going to be married in about a year to a man who thinks the same as me, and both of us have never had the desire to have children. Knowing myself, as only I can, I don't see myself with children. I feel I am making a very responsible choice by picking an effective form of birth that fits my lifestyle. <strong>Sorry, I ended up ranting before I realized it. I guess this issue is one that is important to me,</strong> and has been a source of fustration for a while. I can't imagine what it is like for doctors to refuse things as common as the pill though, or people who are refused the right to buy condoms (I think I heard something about that a while back).

Don't even worry about. I had to stop myself from ranting because I'm so frustrated for you!

I think it is a super important issue too. I mean if there is large portion of the population that doesn't like abortion then why the hell is getting birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancies in the first palce so fvcking hard here?! Gah...I could rant on about it for days.

• RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Late to the party, again(!) but here goes.

What are your thoughts on gay marriage?

I believe that any two people who have made the choice to commit to each other for a lifetime should be able to enter into a legal union with each other, granting them all the rights and responsibilities of a married couple (right for information in a hospital, shared responsibility for children and family members in need of care, etc..)

Is your muffin buttered?

Always.

I am fervently pro-choice.

My what?

Not a virgin, an unwed mother.  ;)  
    I had a life before FI, and some of that life included sex. 

Snow White Girl OhmG LOL

purity balls CLICK HERE

Other people can do what they want.  I didn't need a vow, pledge, ball, or anything else in my early years.  I knew I did not want to sleep with anyone when I was younger (high school aged.)  Eventually, I decided that I was ready.  

As far as promise rings, to me it seems like the immature gesture of young people wanting to make a commitment they are not really yet ready to make.  That may not be true for every couple. that is just how it seems to me.

I think it is unethical.  Not feeling very expansive at the moment, I guess.  

ETA.  Now I have to go read what everyone else said!  ;)

• edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-for-everyone-even-those-that-are-new-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c39a3180-585b-4070-ab80-06165d2b6eabPost:d40031dd-b795-4d34-ba94-69be4a3c8e15">Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because... : Don't even worry about. I had to stop myself from ranting because I'm so frustrated for you! I think it is a super important issue too. I mean if there is large portion of the population that doesn't like abortion then why the hell is getting birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancies in the first palce so fvcking hard here?! <strong>Gah...I could rant on about it for days.
    </strong>Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

Same here. I just wish someone would give me a good reason why I, or anyone else in my situation, cannot get the form of BC they want. Because I am not married or have had children are not good reasons to me. Because it <em>might</em> make me sterile is not a good reason. Because I <em>might </em>regret it later is not a good reason. If say, I got an IUD before having a child and that meant that I would 100% never be able to have kids, or I would 100% get cancer, or anything else along those lines, I could understand - but thus far I have not been given a good <em>medical</em> reason. I <em>might</em> get in a car crash and die tomorrow, doesn't mean I'm not going to drive my car.

ETA: Just want to point out, this is my 500th post! Yay!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-for-everyone-even-those-that-are-new-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c39a3180-585b-4070-ab80-06165d2b6eabPost:80c2851b-0d95-4601-88f8-bf4c9888173a">Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because... : Same here. I just wish someone would give me a good reason why I, or anyone else in my situation, cannot get the form of BC they want. Because I am not married or have had children are not good reasons to me. Because it might make me sterile is not a good reason. Because I might regret it later is not a good reason. If say, I got an IUD before having a child and that meant that I would 100% never be able to have kids, or I would 100% get cancer, or anything else along those lines, I could understand - but thus far I have not been given a good medical reason. I might  get in a car crash and die tomorrow, doesn't mean I'm not going to drive my car. <strong>ETA: Just want to point out, this is my 500th post! Yay!</strong>

Woo hoo!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-for-everyone-even-those-that-are-new-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c39a3180-585b-4070-ab80-06165d2b6eabPost:bf2612d5-bb5a-43ec-bcc6-337e10585e15">Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because... : Woo hoo!

Now, if TK was working properly, I would have been upgraded from an "N" ribbon to a "B" ribbon. Boo TK.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-for-everyone-even-those-that-are-new-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c39a3180-585b-4070-ab80-06165d2b6eabPost:4e9481fb-2c4f-41f2-9654-d12af5f033b9">Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions for everyone, even those that are "new" because... : Now, if TK was working properly, I would have been upgraded from an "N" ribbon to a "B" ribbon. Boo TK.

Damn you TK gods! *angry fist shake at the sky*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards