Canada-Ontario

HELP!

HELP! My florist, who originally gave me a reasonable quote for flowers has come back with an OBSCENE quote for decor, even though I haven't changed what I want!

Please share your florists and contact info!

I am so stressed, my Nanna is sick and I have had no time to do anything for the wedding and now I am scared that all the good vendors will be gone :(

Re: HELP!

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry dude, my florist only does BP flowers and I did my own decor. Is that an option for you? What kind of decor are you looking for?
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • LaurenArnettLaurenArnett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can go through the Superstore/Loblaws. They have a floral designer who should be able to help you at a much lower cost - but call ahead as they arent in the stores.
  • sophieg23sophieg23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't gone yet, but I've been referred to Roma Flowers on Steeles Ave.
    I've been told they have good prices and I'll be checking them out soon!
  • silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what your budget is but I loved my florist - Heavenly Flowers - www.heavenlyflowers.ca... They're near Steeles and Yonge. I thought they were pretty  reasonable for the flowers, although we didn't really have any "decor" so I can't comment on their costs for that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • rktorkto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont know how much my florist is because my MIL is taking care of it, but she is Floris on Avenue Road.
    I also heard that little Pink Twig  is good.
    but I dont know anyone who did decor, only flowers.

check out the vendors in the back of the Ontario WEdding magazine.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies!

For decor, I mean centrepieces and something to sit on the card table. I am so not creative or coordinated so the DIY option is def. out for me!!
  • edited December 2011
    Have you considered asking your venue for recommendations? Usually they can refer you to someone they've dealt with previously for other events, and you might score a bit of a deal. Associated vendors will know, too, how you can get the most bang for your buck at that exact space.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards