Attire & Accessories Forum

Mantilla Veil

I am wearing one and don't feel like they are all that common. Just wanted to get a general consensus on who is wearing one and what your thoughts are on them. 

Re: Mantilla Veil

• I love them but it wouldn't have gone with my dress.  Instead I wore a plain drop veil.

BTW, I love both of your dresses and think the mantilla veil will go perfectly with your lace dress.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I second what jagore08 said-  I LOVE the look of them and would be wearing one if it went with my dress. :)
  • I'll third... I love the look of them... and they are all over the bridal shows, but my veil is my "something borrowed" so I had no need to buy one. Go for it!
  • I absolutely love mantilla veils and always knew i wanted to wear one.  I purchased one that i am in love with - but i don't think it necessarily goes with my dress (which i think is more modern). 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_mantilla-veil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:bfe19c6e-3c1a-46fa-8ce4-bbdf52ca2156Post:d281efff-c035-4ee2-9a17-ce9cea38263c">Re: Mantilla Veil</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love them but it wouldn't have gone with my dress.  Instead I wore a plain drop veil. BTW, I love both of your dresses and think the mantilla veil will go perfectly with your lace dress.
    Posted by jagore08[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you! We all second guess our purchasing at one point it seems! But I'm still happy with mine after all. When they first put it on me, my mom's jaw dropped to the floor, so I'll just remember that whenever I start doubting :)</div>
  • i haven't gotten a dress or veil yet but I am soooo thinking of the mantilla, beautiful classic, and elegant, with a more subtle dress they can be the perfect touch!
  • I bought one with my dress, which is more romantic, lace, vintage style. I love it!!!
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I don't think I'd wear one, mostly because it's not a part of my culture, but I think mantillas are beautiful, and if a girl wants to wear one, she definitely should.
  • I wore a long mantella veil with my all lace dress. I loved the look together. My photog blogged some pictures if you want to see. http://ssphotography.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/jaclyn-jimmy-part-ii/

I say go for it!
  • Depends on the dress and on your personal taste. I think they look beautiful but I wouldn't wear one since it's not my style and I don't think it suits me. Still, they can look amazing on other people.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic International Nesties Signature Challenge - Place I would most like to visit
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards