Maryland

Top of the Bay APG??

Is anyone using the Top of the Bay Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG)  for their ceremony or reception venue?? If so could you tell me what your experience was like there? Im considering this as a possible venue..

Re: Top of the Bay APG??

• We are having our reception and ceremony there on 9/8/12.  so far so good.  the catering coordinator steve is very friendly even though he is busy he will make time for you.  since its been remodeled there are new chairs and carpet and everything looks upgraded.  very reasonable prices as well...as a benefit for those with military connections.  let me know if you have any other questions...although i wont be able to tell you for sure how things go unti lafter 9/8/12
  • I finally decided to book my ceremony/reception there also but I am not getting married until Oct 6th 2013, but I would absolutely love to hear any feedback or suggestions that you may have for me regarding Top of the Bay, even if its not until your wedding day! Also have you tried any of their food yet I am curious to know how it is? I definately want to make it out there for at least lunch so I can see how the food is, since Steven told me that they do not normally do tastings. Thanks.
  • I was there for a battilion function and it was so pretty, the inside and out, the food was great and was completely affordable. My fiance and I decided to get married here next year this time!
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_top-of-the-bay-apg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:627Discussion:0dae3df7-e3d1-4093-a51e-66c041828755Post:119c628a-1601-4ed8-9e1a-a7ffbef7acc6">Top of the Bay APG??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is anyone using the Top of the Bay Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG)  for their ceremony or reception venue?? If so could you tell me what your experience was like there? Im considering this as a possible venue..
    Posted by CeceHill06[/QUOTE]
  • I'm having my wedding there on June 1st 2013! The venue is absolutely gorgeous! dance floor is a little small for us but we'll manage And best of all it's cost effective. Also I love that fact that I don't have to share the venue with anyone else that day : one down fall is that your guest have to get on base and go through the visitors gate. Just stress the importance of them leaving a bit early so they can go through the gate and drive through base. APG is pretty big. Hope it works out for you. Oh and I here the wedding food is very good but I work at APG and the lunch food isn't be best, but rest assured its not what they serve for the wedding.
  • How did your wedding go ? I am very interested in having my wedding there but would love others opinions in how it went .
  • KPBM89KPBM89 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    My brother and his now wife were married at Top of the Bay last year in August and I was one of the bridesmaids.  It was such a nice venue!  The building is gorgeous and the food was great (especially the crab dip).  The only thing that was an issue that day was that it rained and we had to move the ceremony inside last minute.  But I would definitely recommend them as a venue: we all had a great time at Top of the Bay!  The views of the water are amazing and they have rooms for the party to get ready in that were very spacious.  And I second the other poster who said to make sure you leave early.  They check everyone's ID that's in your car and we had six of us (bride, her mom, her mommom, and three of us bridesmaids) in one car and it took us a few minutes to get through the gate, plus the drive in after the gate, which can easily get confusing.  Oh and I remember a small elevator in one room just for a few steps so they accommodate any handicapped guests.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards