New York-Long Island

Vendor q help

ok so Ive got my location down and now i have to figure everything else out lol. the problem is there is so much informaation out there as far as photographers and djs go. as you were looking at either what sort of questions did you find yourself asking? ive looked at a bunch of sites but i have no clue what i should be considering as far as what i should be getting or watching out for so i dont get ripped off. any advice?
thanks girls!

Re: Vendor q help

• edited December 2011

The best I can say is to do some comparative shopping as did me and my FI.  Everyone has their own budget and certain priorities and expectations of their vendors. 

I know for us having an amazing photos was of major importance.  When we shopped for our photographer we made sure we looked at many sample albums and made sure that the packages guaranteed us albums with a big number of pictues and being able to keep all our proofs.

If you're booked at a catering hall ,most of the time they'll have recommended vendors, so maybe you should start there.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kttestkttest member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Use Weddingwire.com and Yelp.com to check vendor reviews, they helped me a lot to figure out who I wanted to meet with.  Set-up appointments and get a feel for the vendors, it definitely helps once you meet with them in person, because you get a sense whether you are comfortable or not with what they do.  Get all quotes in writing so you can easily compare from vendor to vendor.  It also helps to get recos from people you know.  It definitely helps to shop around so you have a good variety to compare.  Good luck!
  • jellibjellib member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks a lot for the advice! i have never heard of wedding wire... will check it out promptly! i def. have to make appointments just nervous about what to look out for/ check for when i get there but those websites should help a little maybe? see what others really liked or didnt... good starting point. thanks a bunch!
  • edited December 2011
    Try to get the most for your money nwith music.  Companies like www.johnardenmusic.com will do all your wedding music and incorporate both live music and DJ for around $2500.00

Deb
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards