Missouri-Kansas City

How do I find an Officiant?!

We are getting marriend June 26th at Loose Park, and I am at a loss trying to find an officiant.  I have found a few online, but they are booked for our day.  How do you find someone?  HELP!!!!!

Re: How do I find an Officiant?!

• prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went on wedding wire to look, and also just googled around.

**eta** Also, we are using Dr. Michele Gamm (www.drgamm.com). We met with her last night and she was wonderful! Very nice, very fun, and very organized!

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    i am using a friend as the officiant, so i didn't have to look around.  I
  • edited December 2011
    You might try asking some of your other vendors.  They're around a lot of weddings and probably have some ideas.  Our ceremony and reception sites were both able to give us a list of potential officiants and it was a big help!  The officiants who are already booked might also be able to direct you to other people too.
  • edited December 2011
    We also found ours on wedding wire!
  • edited December 2011
    we're using rev. karen angels she's amazing!
  • chyleinachyleina member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of people are having a friend or family member officiate their wedding...

For $35, some states allow you to get designated in one day, as a Deputy Marriage Commissioner. The person who wishes to marry you fills out a simple form, pays the fee, and is allowed to marry one couple. No religious wording is allowed at the ceremony. Contact your county clerk’s office for more information.

So, as long as your ok without the religious aspect, someone you love could marry you. And...it's much cheaper!
    Good luck, doll!
  • amcguire1213amcguire1213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hello my name is Amanda and I'm a Reverend, what time is your wedding on Sat June 26,2010 I'm free after 3pm. Please feel free to contact me with any other questions.

Thank You,
    Amanda
    816-645-9245

• edited December 2011
    Clergy Service http://www.clergyservices.com/kc/ they are so sweet and very helpful.  They helped me find someone on pretty short notice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards