African American Weddings
Options

vows

Re: vows

• Options
    We are i really like the idea of traditional vows as well writing our own vows so were doing a consent part to our ceremony and doing our own vows 
    image 99 Made the cut image 76 Are ready to party!
    image 23 Will be missing out YAYAYAY image 0 Need to find the mailbox because if they didn't already they no longer can come The RSVP deadline has passed this is the final count Wedding Countdown Ticker image CLick and check out My blog From Ms. To Mrs.
  • Options

No we aren't. No particular reason why we arent we figured its just easy to repeat after the Pastor.

• Options
    We are writing our own and the agreement is that we cannot solicit help from family
    or friends..  CRAZY!

I figured I would ask you ladies fro help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I doubt it, that's definitely not my specialty...lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • Options

we are writing our own vows.

• Options
    We're doing traditional vows.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We are doing traditional vows and then just adding the special things that we want to say at the end. I don't feel like it has to be long or drawn out but it adds a personal touch to the ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI wants to do traditional vows so that's what we're gonna roll with.  I wanted to write my vows but he I want him to be able to get the things he wants so I agreed to let him have this one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wanted to write my own too but FI won this battle :)  So we are doing traditional, but I may find a nice variation that both of us say.  Also, I may have us read them still because I really don't like the repetitiveness of both of us repeating after the pastor.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We went with tradtional...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are going to say a few words to personalize the ceremony but also repeat after the pastor the traditional vows.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    We are doing both.  The traditional so that the vows that we take actually cover for better, for worse, in sickness and in health ect.  We are also writing our own "vows" which will be more of how we feel about each other and why we are committed to our relationship.

I have heard from married couples that sometime the vows you take are all you have to hold on to to make it through the tough spot that come with marriage.  For this reason I want to make sure that we say the traditional vows.  It covers every situation that can come up in a marriage. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

We are writing our own vows.....so I decided to sit down last night and write them....it wasnt that bad and I didnt shed a tear....and I cry at all weddings

• Options
    We wrote our own vows and I'm so glad we decided to do this.  It made our vows even more special because everything came from the heart and made it much more personal.  My husband's vows were so sweet that everyone BAWLED, including him!  
  • Options
    awww Kiya that so cute .....
  • Options
    We wanted to write our own vows, but both of us have sooo much to say!..lol

I guess it works out for us anyways.. cause I cry ugly... and I know that if my boo wrote his own vows I would be boohoo'n at the altar so bad... I wouldn't even want to look at the pictures.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We agreed to write our own vows, which has turned into a very lengthy process!  My FI is a "poet" so I have to keep reminding him to keep it short.  I love to write, but I had THE hardest time trying to say everything I wanted to succintly.  I just finished this morning.  Our relationship has been one unlike anything else I've ever experienced, and I want to share that with our friends and family.  So traditional vows just won't do.
    Now, our vows just need to pass my pastor/daddy's inspection.... keeping my fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards