2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age

3. City Born In?

4. City Live in?

5. Where did you go to college?

6. What was your major?

7. What is your current job?

8. What is your dream job?

9. How did you and your fiance meet?

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it??

11. When is the Wedding Day?

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?

13. What are your wedding colors?

14. Where are you honeymooning?

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?

16. Biggest wedding splurge?

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?

19. Favorite book?

20. Favorite movie?

21. Favorite tv show?

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?

23. Any advice you can give?

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?

25. Share something about yourself!!
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Knottie of the Week - msktn95

• Options
    msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG.....  I am the Knottie of the week.....  I looked at the board and said "Hey thats me."

1. First Name & Fiance's First Name: Katara and Tony

2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age: Mine is October 3 (34) FI is December 17 (34)

3. City Born In?: Pascagoula, Mississippi

4. City Live in?: Florence, SC

5. Where did you go to college?: University of Georgia

6. What was your major?: Criminal Justice and History

7. What is your current job? U.S. Probation Officer

8. What is your dream job?: Lawyer

9. How did you and your fiance meet?: We met at work...  We work in the same building.

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it??: September 24, 2010.  It was a week before my birthday, I thought he was buying me a Kindle and when I opened the box it was a ring.  It was a private romantic moment.

11. When is the Wedding Day?: November 26, 2011

12. Where is the ceremony and reception? The wedding and reception will be held at a plantation house in Myrtle Beach, SC

13. What are your wedding colors? Black and White

14. Where are you honeymooning? We have not decided yet.  I just want the wedding to be nice, we can go on a trip anytime

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?: My photographer.  He is really expensive, but gave us a great deal. He told me that God continues to bless him everyday and he wanted to be a blessing to me. 

16. Biggest wedding splurge?: The reception.... I like to party

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't? Two things actually...  I really would like for my grandmother to be there, she passed away seven years ago.  She was my bestfriend.  The second is the chivari chairs.... love them, but at 6.00 per chair, I think not.

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend? Thunderkitten

19. Favorite book? Better than I know Myself

20. Favorite movie? Harlem Nights

21. Favorite tv show? Law and Order (the original)

22. Favorite wedding dress designer? Maggie Sottero

23. Any advice you can give? Shop around. I found the best deals by shopping around and not going with the first thing I saw.

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding? Nothing.... Just wish I would have set the date earlier, so we could get married sooner.

25. Share something about yourself!! I am the oldest of four children. I have one sister and two brothers.  I do not have any children. My family mean the world to me.
    Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello ma'am!  So nice to meet you. I wanted to be a lawyer when I was a child but lost that dream a long time ago. I actually was a criminal justice major when I beagn college after high school.  Now I couldn't see myself going to school that long but my cousin is an engineer and she decided to go to law school so she is back in school now.  Good for her!  I hope you discover your dream of becoming a lawyer!
    Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
  • Options
    msktn95msktn95 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-week-msktn95?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:bf09f9a9-d70f-4def-933a-1ba365e6f6a1Post:04c045fb-c197-425b-bb01-dedcc5cb16c7">Re: Knottie of the Week - msktn95</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello ma'am!  So nice to meet you. I wanted to be a lawyer when I was a child but lost that dream a long time ago. I actually was a criminal justice major when I beagn college after high school.  Now I couldn't see myself going to school that long but my cousin is an engineer and she decided to go to law school so she is back in school now.  Good for her!  I hope you discover your dream of becoming a lawyer!
    Posted by MarryingmyKnight[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  I wanted to go to law school right after graduation, but I needed a job.  I have thought about going, but I have got so busy with life I don't think i can do it unless it is online and there are not any online law schools.
  • Options
    island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI Katara.  The plantation house for your venue sounds nice.  What made you decide to have your event there?  Will you be having an outdoor ceremony?

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    edited December 2011

Nice to learn more about you Katara! What kind of lawyer do you want to be? Criminal, corporate, family, etc....?

And how did you know your FI was "the one"?

Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    msktn95msktn95 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-week-msktn95?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:bf09f9a9-d70f-4def-933a-1ba365e6f6a1Post:8b6f4530-d5de-418a-a81b-d7a5c7251ba3">Re: Knottie of the Week - msktn95</a>:
    [QUOTE]HI Katara.  The plantation house for your venue sounds nice.  What made you decide to have your event there?  Will you be having an outdoor ceremony?
    Posted by island07b2b[/QUOTE]

I wanted to do something different.  The staff was very nice and I can add my own extras without paying extra.  If the weather is nice we will have an outdoor ceremony.  If not then we will have the wedding inside.  FI really loves the venue.
  • Options
    msktn95msktn95 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-week-msktn95?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:bf09f9a9-d70f-4def-933a-1ba365e6f6a1Post:8111cf89-310f-413c-b851-bc4c9c8971e4">Re: Knottie of the Week - msktn95</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nice to learn more about you Katara! What kind of lawyer do you want to be? Criminal, corporate, family, etc....? And how did you know your FI was "the one"?
    Posted by Carla1019[/QUOTE]

I wnated to be a Family Lawyer.  We clicked from the beginning.  We share the same dreams and ideas.  We have so many things in common.  We would finish each other sentences. I know God put me in position to met him.  He is the best. When God made him he broke the mold.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does FI have kids? Do you guys plan to have any? If so how soon and how many? Congrats!!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    msktn95msktn95 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-week-msktn95?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:bf09f9a9-d70f-4def-933a-1ba365e6f6a1Post:6747c87a-511c-4797-8c48-f307531615f5">Re: Knottie of the Week - msktn95</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does FI have kids? Do you guys plan to have any? If so how soon and how many? Congrats!!
    Posted by MrsBoss2012[/QUOTE]

FI has a ten year old son from a previous marriage.  If it was left up to me, I would say no to kids, but he wants to have kids.  I agreed to one and we plan to get started right after the wedding :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    With less than 90 days to go what else do you need to do before your big day?
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    msktn95msktn95 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-week-msktn95?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:bf09f9a9-d70f-4def-933a-1ba365e6f6a1Post:3ee4b9ac-c2c3-4957-930e-40fccd27eb41">Re: Knottie of the Week - msktn95</a>:
    [QUOTE]With less than 90 days to go what else do you need to do before your big day?
    Posted by Carla1019[/QUOTE]

I have a few DIY projects I need to work on.  I take my Bridal Photo in September and  few other small projects.  Everything else is done.
  • Options
    chescamchescam member
    edited December 2011
    Hey msktn95, nice to meet you. I love the description of your venue and your wedding colors. I'm a black and white type of person. Whenever I go shopping with my friends, they tell me I can't buy anything black or white. 
    What wedding detail/details are you most excited about and what DIY project are you currently working on?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    msktn95msktn95 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-week-msktn95?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:bf09f9a9-d70f-4def-933a-1ba365e6f6a1Post:007ec0ca-d12f-4fc8-95b8-57e83ff19502">Re: Knottie of the Week - msktn95</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey msktn95, nice to meet you. I love the description of your venue and your wedding colors. I'm a black and white type of person. Whenever I go shopping with my friends, they tell me I can't buy anything black or white.  What wedding detail/details are you most excited about and what DIY project are you currently working on?
    Posted by chescam[/QUOTE]

Thanks,  I chose black and white because it was something different and I think its classy.  I got some flack from a few people about the colors, but its not their day.
    I am really excited about my dress and our photobooth. I think it is going to be a hit at the reception. Right now, I am working on a seating chart, water bottle lables and a sign for our photobooth
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nice to meet you Msktn95! Are you doing a DJ or a band at your reception?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker www.derilandtekoah.com
  • Options
    msktn95msktn95 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-week-msktn95?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:bf09f9a9-d70f-4def-933a-1ba365e6f6a1Post:f8f1625f-2843-4564-bab0-c7b3af7e6c3d">Re: Knottie of the Week - msktn95</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nice to meet you Msktn95! Are you doing a DJ or a band at your reception?
    Posted by faithlady[/QUOTE]

We will have a DJ at the wedding. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    nice to learn more about you! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    11-12-11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicVisit The Knot! Visit Purple.weddings.com

Two Become One

November 12, 2011

288 invited