Ohio-Columbus

Bridesmaid Gift Ideas?

I am starting to think about what to get my Bridesmaids - I was thinking about a clutch purse and earrings. I don't want to get them something they won't use. What do you ladies think?
TIA!

Re: Bridesmaid Gift Ideas?

• sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my girls their wedding earrings (like 10 bucks each), a personalized name hanger (wooden with their name in the wire)to hang their dresses on the day of, and i'm going to get cheap matching robes with their names embroidered on them for us to wear while we get ready! :-) Yes, I'mma matcheymatchey whore and I love it.
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• Brit12Brit12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I got my bridesmaids custom made clutch bags (they were in the bridal colors but each print/ lining was different, based on their own individual styles). They all loved them and use them often after the wedding. It made for a cute wedding picture too with everyone holding theirs. I got mine from Etsy (seller is Pere Bags I do believe) and they were $45 each. She sent me a ton of swatches for me to choose from based on the colors I gave her, and you can pick a different color / pattern lining for each as well.
  • alishingleralishingler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a coach wristlet (from the outlet of course), earrings, flip flops and put it all in a canvas tote bag. I think something that can be used, or worn, after the wedding is important. The robe is a cute idea, I also liked the makeup bags and jewelry organizers too.
  • edited December 2011
    etsy. nuff said.
    have fun shopping!
  • KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would love info on where to get cheap robes!
    Anniversary
  • Cassandra999Cassandra999 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking about clutch purses also.  Since I love them and they would be usable after the wedding.

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I found on etsy a designer PoppyPunch and she lets you customize bags too and it ends up being about $12.00 for each so I didn't thank that was bad. I do really like the jewelry organizers! The robes are super cute but we will be in a salon so I don't think that would work so well. Anyone know where to get custom jewelry made locally?
  • BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went a little crazy buying gifts for my gals.  I got the girls Vera Bradley makeup bags, their wedding earrings, pink flip-flops, pink bridesmaid tanks,  padded patterned  hangers, and I put it all in different patterned large tote bags.  I also paid for their hair and makeup. 
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • edited December 2011
    I did handmade clutches from Etsy as well.  Here is who I used.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ToonDesign

A former Columbus knottie posted her information in 2009.  Even though they were shipped from overseas, the turnaround time was amazing. 
  • edited December 2011
    I love the clutch and earrings idea! I was going to give them something non-wedding related, but my bridesmaids said they wanted jewelry they could wear for the wedding. I got them coordinating jewelry but one got earrings, one got a bracelet, one a necklace, and my MOH earrings and a necklace -all of which they could wear (and have worn) after the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_bridesmaid-gift-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:65380006-5ad2-4923-8381-b5a2f2353fb4Post:8bd75158-ecbf-4a20-8355-df9ac749a420">Re: Bridesmaid Gift Ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought my girls their wedding earrings (like 10 bucks each), a personalized name hanger (wooden with their name in the wire)to hang their dresses on the day of, and i'm going to get cheap matching robes with their names embroidered on them for us to wear while we get ready! :-) <strong>Yes, I'mma matcheymatchey whore and I love it.
    </strong>Posted by sep72fendr[/QUOTE]

Love it!! I'm kind of a matchy-matchy whore too!

Anyways, I got my ladies wedding day jewelry.  I had a gift certificate that I won from Aisle Dash to David's Bridal, but had to use it fairly quickly, so I hadn't even bought my dress.  I found some cute sparkly jewelry that I figured would match anything.
    I'm also thinking of doing the robe thing, maybe no names but, I dunno. And, I'm still trying to think of other things to get them.
  • sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you can get cute silky style Robes from Kohls for the cheapy cheap. Maybe even look at places like TJ Maxx, or Big Lots? lol Just ideas of places to look. :-)
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_bridesmaid-gift-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:65380006-5ad2-4923-8381-b5a2f2353fb4Post:ed224b85-0a96-44db-b9f9-6df878893062">Re: Bridesmaid Gift Ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went a little crazy buying gifts for my gals.  I got the girls Vera Bradley makeup bags, their wedding earrings, pink flip-flops, pink bridesmaid tanks,  padded patterned  hangers, and I put it all in different patterned large tote bags.  I also paid for their hair and makeup. 
    Posted by BCsGal[/QUOTE]

Wow! I wish that I'd been in your wedding, you sound like a very generous friend! hehe :-) I've gotten a few things and was trying to decide how to wrap/bag it together.... really love the tote idea!
  • jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am giving my girls their heals to wear in the wedding, a small wristlet, and paying for their hair.  If i can find some cute, cheap jewelry for the day of, I might throw that in as well.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • casims3casims3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing the robe idea too! I found mine on Etsy. I found a really good deal. I'm going to add some things but I'm not sure what yet. Here is the link...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/67507315/set-of-10-personalized-waffle-weaved
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It does sound like a lot, but I bought everything on sale. I got the big tote bags at JoAnns that were orginally $14.99 for like $4.00 (which also meant I didn't have to pay for wrapping paper), and the Vera Bradley makeup bags were a pattern that was 40% off, and I had the earrings made by an etsy seller for less than $5.00 each.  My mom made the hangers with leftover fabric from other wedding stuff, and the tanks and flip-flops were from Old Navy with a good coupon.  The makeup and hair was a splurge, but I had budgeted for it, and therefore had the money to do it.  
    I think a clutch and earrings is a very appropriate gift, and realize that most don't have the budget to get their bridal party many gifts.  I was lucky to find deals on things, because I would have not paid full price for them. 
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • AlliD11AlliD11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my girls earrings and a matching necklace to wear with their dresses at the wedding and I also got them each a cute tote bag with their name. I got each one of their names in their favorite colors and am putting a funky ribbon on each of them. I also am filling them with flip flops, nail polish, lip gloss, chapstick, nail file, etc, all the stuff they may need at the wedding! I found the bags on ebay for a really great deal!
  • edited December 2011
    I bought some really nice robes at personalizationmall.com but they were about 60 bucks including the free embroidering.  I don't know what your definition of cheap is though. Sometimes you can find coupons online. Good luck!

image 445 Invited so far!
    image 50 Are ready to party!
    image 29 Will be missing out!
    image 366 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards