Florida-West Coast

any other early oct/late sept worried about weather??

i live in baltimore but my parents live on longboat key... my mom is saying she is getting worried about hurricanes because she keeps hearing alot lately...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: any other early oct/late sept worried about weather??

• edited December 2011
    A little bit...trying not to think of it seems easier! LOL  I was never superstitious but my fingers are crossed and praying to mother nature for good weather!
    updated: 8/23 the wedding plan 60 in the mailimage 42 Bags are packedimage 18 Missing the funimage
  • edited December 2011
    I think whenever you plan to do something outdoors...weather is going to be a factor.  Honestly, you have no control over it so I wouldn't worry to much.  Hope for the best and plan for the worst.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have known so many epople who have gotten married in the fall and weather is always a concern. Most of the time it will pour first thing in the morning and be beautiful the rest of the day.

I wouldn't stress too much about it. Just like Tara said, Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
  • drtarajpdrtarajp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The weather will likely be fine, but the bad thing about FL is that the weather is always unpredictable! I planned my wedding for 12.04.10, because in December, the weather is typically the calmest/not much rain.... but then my friend got married 12.04.09 and it rained ALLLLLLL day. didnt let up at all, so that threw my theory out of the window. Although it rained all day, and she had to move her outside wedding indoors, it went wonderfully, and they got beautiful photos of themselves outside in the rain with a very large golf umbrella and rain boots under her wedding dress :) no matter what the weather, it is going to be such a special day!

also, i think we are getting married at the same venue- and i had about 100 questions about 'what if it rains'. they told me that you will get a ball room at the main hotel. although it wont be the same as looking out over the gulf, at least it is the Ritz ballroom- and you couldn't ask for a nicer back-up plan :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am worried but I'm trying to not let it stress me out.  I am hooked on following the hurricanes tho.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards