Wisconsin

Stadium View in GB Weddings

Has anyone had or been to a wedding at Stadium View in GB? After our other reception hall closed and not had any other options, we currently have them on hold. We've heard mixed reviews about the place though and any insight would help!
FormerlyMsKrop

Re: Stadium View in GB Weddings

• edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding there a couple of years ago so I am not sure if anything has changed but it was very beautiful inside and the food was very good. I do not think there was anything that I can complain about. Sorry I am not much help but it was a very nice place, we looked into that as an option when we were looking as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    never been to one there- I know the bar area is nothing special. 

I was actually thinking of you today- have you looked into the Lambeau Field Atrium??? a little pricey, but a modern gorgeous setting, plus you get access to a box seat so your guests can check out lambeau!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have been to a wedding there.  It is very dated.  I am not a fan of the checkered floors and the bar area is just blah...my personal opinion, there are many other options in Green Bay...but you may beable to make the room look gorgeous, who knows!! :)

Check into Tundra Lodge, thats where our wedding is :-)  They are super there!

Also, I've heard many talk about the Swan Club in DePere that is a little "less" pricey but yet looks really nice!

My personal opinion, I wouldn't want popular bar shared with my wedding reception ;)

Good Luck Dear!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding reception at Stadium View 2 summers ago.  It was nice.  The wait staff and bartenders were great.  As far as I could tell, everything went really smoothly.  The food was good, but really simply - family style baked fish and fried chicken.  We didn't really get much food though - it was just one plate of each thing per table it seemed.  It was a good amount of space for the size wedding they had.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I do agree that the space's interior "design" is VERY dated - it's a typical looking banquet hall.  I am not from GB, so I really have nothing to compare the venue to.  Sorry!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • shainarae714shainarae714 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My parents had their reception there about 15 years ago.  It is a very typical "banquet" setting and I agree it is a little dated.

I'm actually considering having my rehearsal dinner there though.

I don't know when your wedding is, but check out Riverside Ballroom.  That's where I'm having my wedding (and I worked there as my first job).  Friendly people, great food, and excellent prices.  There wedding package includes A LOT. 

I agree with "Becomingmrandmrs"-- the Swan Club is also a great place.  I went to wedding there last summer and it was fabulous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shaina- mine is there too!  I LOVE riverside.  It is a gorgeous ballroom.  There are actually 2 rooms, the large ballroom and then the 'carriage' room which is a little more modern looking.
    OP- I know you wanted modern, check out riversideballroom.com and look at the carriage room pics!
  • edited December 2011
    One bad thing I've heard about Stadium View is that guests have a tendency to wander away from the reception into the bar area...Good Luck!!
    "Love it touching souls, Surely you've touched mine" J. Mitchell Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KatieD-  I'm having my wedding in the Carriage room.  What room is yours? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ballroom- we have massive families, 420 guests invited!  craziness.  Where are you going to get your pictures done??? I cant decide on a nice place, probably the east side in town.  I would LOVE to go to Bayshore Park, but that is quite the hike.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception there this year.  I know it's not the most beautiful place but the service and food is excellent.  I love that they price it per person and it includes everything so you don't have to worry about how much of this and that you used during the night.  And honestly, who cares what it looks like (at least I don't).  I figured people go there for 3 things: food, drinks, and music. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ Katie D

Holy Moley!  420 guests!?  Craziness.... I thought my guestlist was big and we only have half that!  Well, it should be fun!

We haven't decided where we want to do picture yet.  All I know is that I want a picture out front of Riverside with the wooden cut outs of Buddy Holly and the Big Bopper.  haha  Just for fun!

We're pretty flexible for pictures since we're doing them before the ceremony.  We don't have to worry about our guests waiting for us to arrive, so we have a little more time to spare.  (Of course I say that now and I'll probably have a million things to do that day!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards