New York-Western

Churches in Buffalo

My fiance and I have our own pastor already, but we need a church building to have the ceremony in. Does anyone know of a church that will let us use their building without being members of their church and without having to use their own clergy?? It's proving to be much more difficult than we thought :/

Re: Churches in Buffalo

• StephyD216StephyD216 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Are you having a Catholic wedding? I believe that with diocese permission, you can have your wedding at St. Joseph's Cathedral right across from Pearl Street, and I think you can bring your own priest as well. We're having ours at our college's church and using our own priest because it was closer to downtown than our regular parish. Both churches had no problem doing this.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest

image140 Invited
    image107 Ready to Party
    image33 Missing Out
  • edited December 2011
    Does it have to be an actual church??  If not, you might want to check out Karpeles Manuscript Library.  It has the same look and feel as a church with pews and everything, but you can bring in whomever you'd like to officiate.  Another really awesome and little known church-like building is the Buffalo Religious Arts Museum.  Check out this link to see a photo of the inside and for a bit of info about it:  http://buffaloah.com/a/east/149/hp/hp.html

It's a beautiful building, and I'm pretty sure you can bring in any officiant there, too.  :)

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I found a church that I am going to look at pretty soon. It's called the Westminister Presbyterian Church. They accept applications from members and non members. I will send this information to you on a PM just in case you are not looking on the message board anymore.

http://www.westminster-bflo.org/serving/weddings/weddings.htm

I am going to share, just as long as you are not having a wedding on September 28, 2013. :p Jk Jk
    Jonathan And Danielle Wedding Countdown Ticker 9/28/13
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome... thank you so much for the tips ladies!!! I'll look into those options- never thought of using a non-church building but that could be cool :) We're on crunch time cause the wedding is in February!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards