Alabama

Groom's Cake

I posted this in June 2011 and while many of them understand the sports thing, only Alabamians understand the Iron Bowl rivalry.

FI is a diehard Auburn fan.  I'm the smart one (tee hee) and am an Alabama fan.  About two weeks ago I talked to a friend's sister about making him a surprise groom's cake.  She found this design.  Other than the logo and tacky colors (bahaha), I like it.  We decided to go with it.

A few hours later, she sent me this.  She's an Auburn fan and thinks it's hilarious.  It was a groom's cake that was paid for by the bride's family, who are Auburn fans.  Veeerryyyy sneaky.

We're combining the two.  The cake will look like the first picture, but when you cut into it, you'll see red velvet cake with a layer of white icing below the fondant.  Bahahahahaha.

I was going to go all sweet and surprise him by allowing Auburn into our wedding (we had agreed no team stuff).  When I saw the second design, I decided I just had to be funny.  It's just so us.

Re: Groom's Cake

• edited December 2011
    That is so funny! I am the smart one too in the relationship! ROLL TIDE! I am having an Auburn cake for his groom's cake also. This is genius!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_grooms-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:74Discussion:ec2d1416-53c4-4f9f-9501-f49eea145a9aPost:1469aaa4-f043-4da9-a374-251449313380">Re: Groom's Cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is so funny! I am the smart one too in the relationship! ROLL TIDE! I am having an Auburn cake for his groom's cake also. This is genius!
    Posted by samantha1008[/QUOTE]

<div>You should totally make it red velvet or white with lots of red icing.  Hahaha.  I'm such an instigator.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    That is TOO funny!  FI and I are both Bama fans, so there won't be anything like that, but I want pictures of yours in action!  Lol.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_grooms-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:74Discussion:ec2d1416-53c4-4f9f-9501-f49eea145a9aPost:23c349ac-cec7-4eaa-a53d-4be542f2c91c">Re: Groom's Cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is TOO funny!  FI and I are both Bama fans, so there won't be anything like that, but I want pictures of yours in action!  Lol.
    Posted by sessionswedding[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh honey, photographer will know and be on hand.  I want the face he makes on film. ha.</div>
  • hckaczynhckaczyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I LOVE that. Genius!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE it! That's too funny! If I were in your situation I would so  be hoppin on that bandwaggon!
    Next to being married, a girl likes being crossed now and then. - Jane Austen
  • edited December 2011
    I talk to the lady doing my cake today! I am so doing this now!!! Oh I can't wait to see his face!! Thank you for this awesome idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards