Second Weddings

a few amateur pics of the decor (pic heavy)

The DOC we used "Karolina" took some pics and I couldn't be happier that she did, we have a few pics to hold us over til the proffessional ones come....
The place card table...everyone loved the frames to take home.....

this is the family table   23 were seated here......there were three total arrangements on the table....the chairs are also in silver...bu were being used in the ceremony at the time these pics were taken

these were the individual tables....a bit different than originally planned...the right votives were never put out, and i hate mirrors on centerpieces.....I don't know where they came from  (lol).....but non -the- less it turned out great

this was the ceremony set up.....the aisle was so beautiful....Anna the event coordinator out did herself on this!

Andy's HOCKEY CAKE   lol, everyone died of laughter, it was the hit of the party...the groom was holding a hockey helmet and was wearing skates....we also had a real cake too...but this got WAY more attention...(Andy plays and coaches)

Re: a few amateur pics of the decor (pic heavy)

• Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Looks great Debbie!  Where did you have it if I may ask?
  • debi1941debi1941 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had it at a banquet hall in Mount Prospect, called Bristol Court.....I can not even tell you how over the top the entire staff is there...from the owners David and Gary, to Anna their event coordinator......I am extremely happy

I have had a multitude of calls,emails and texts on how surprisingly delicious the food was and how beautiful everything looked...

The food ws unreal...we had a buffet and everything was incredible...tasteful and displayed beautifully!

I cannot wait for the real pics...i am hoping he got pics of the buffet tables and especially te dessert table......just gorgeous....they took my table design and repeated it on the dessert buffet...was gorgeous!

Thanks for asking !!!
  • fireytigerfireytiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am soooo jealous... no matter what I do, there's no way my wedding is going to look as regal and elegant as yours did. :) it doesn't help that i'm working with a shoestring budget, but man is that gorgeous. But, as long as we're married at the end of the day, that's what truly matters. Congrats. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I love everything!!!!!  Blue is my favorite color, so very nice.  It looks absolutely wonderful.  Thanks for posting some pictures.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting the pics. YOu did a lot of DIY, didn't you? I think it turned out amazing.

LOVE the cake! Our budget doesn't allow for a groom's cake, but it's cute.
  • edited December 2011
    Gorgeous decor Debi! I was lucky enough to see them on Karolina's FB yesterday!
    Congrats everything looked just beautiful, and you were a stunning bride.
  • edited December 2011
    Absolutely beautiful!!!
    Anniversary
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very lovely and elegant!!
  • debi1941debi1941 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FIREYTIGER.....lar

I was on a budget.....totally! I did everything myself....my family table centerpieces were bought at marshalls homestores ,as well as the cupcake holder which i used for votives on the place card table.... the venue supplied the vases for all my regular tables, I only purchased the food coloring for the water and the floating candles....then every week i scowered the clearance tables, extreme sales and took advantage of every 50% off coupon hobby lobby printed......

the frames i got 100 for $78 on clearance online....the boxes for favors I got 200 for $70.00  (many left over)  , i filled the boxes with chocolates i purchased at sams and tied them with blue ribbons I bought at a dollar store....the venue supplied
     the entire ceremony platform except my props (candles and two flower vases and 2 candles) 

my grooms cake was $100.00 by the local baker the venue used.....my only splurge was $264 for silver and blue linens throughout.....and in my eyes...made the room! 

we did hire a photographer, dj and videographer.....and those were by far the largest part of the budget.....

the party itself was very reasonable and the decor was less than you expect.....and I can use it all again......I am eclectic in my personality and I am the one who hosts all family get togethers and holiday...so the centerpieces will be used very frequently!!!

The most important part of any wedding is the love that shows between the bride and groom...and that love shines throughout out and makes every affair magnificent !!!!!

Bravo for all us DIY brides !!!!!

• edited December 2011
    You did an aswome job!  Just beautiful...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards