Snarky Brides
Options

Happy Tuesday

Mornin' ladies.  How is everyone? I kind of miss hanging out here.  Work has been kicking my ass lately, espcially the bast few days.  Between that, applying for a new job, and buying the house... I just really could use a day or two to breathe ;)

That and it SNOWED here again. WtF.  I'm so ready for spring.

Re: Happy Tuesday

• Options
    Morning.  I was off work yesterday because of the accident we were in over the weekend, so today is going to be hell to catch up.  This is the off week between spring and summer classes so EVERYONE will be sending me their course content so I can design the layout.  It's going to be one helll of a week

Have a great day, everyone.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Good Morning!

Today's the only full day I'll be at work for the rest of the week. I'm taking tomorrow off to study for this HUGE test I have on Thursday afternoon (I don't have to come in Thursday morning either), and then I have this Federal Executive Board luncheon on Friday afternoon, so I'm hoping they don't make me come in that morning either. I'm excited because I got nominated for the award, but I don't know if I won it or not.

Last night, Will and I met with our priest to sort out the last few items of paperwork we need before the wedding. It's crazy, we have the priest here that we're working with, the priest officiating the wedding (a family friend), and then the priest and secretary of the church we're getting married at in SoCal. *headdesk* But, we're looking good, which is such a relief.

Side note: I was checking out msnbc.com's entertainment section, and is it just me, or has Jennifer Hudson gotten a little too thin?

I mean, she looks thinner than Christina Aguilera (I know her weight fluctuates a lot, but still...)
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Shay- what happened?? Are you ok? (Should I go read yesterday's morning thread?)

Mehg- oohh Good luck!  And yes, I've thought Jennifer Hudson was too thin for awhile now.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Im sick of Jennifer Hudson. We get it, youre skinny and love your body now. Shut up about it already.

Im tired, im cranky (frigging stephen harper, conservatives are going to be cocky assholes now), and my stomach hurts. Oh, and im running late because im tired.
  • Options
    Steph, yeah we're fine.  The other person slammed on their gas backing out of a parking space and slammed into the side of us, lifted our car off the ground it was so hard.  Because it happened on Saturday night, we couldn't get a rental car until yesterday because apparently they are all closed on Sunday?  So, I spent all day yesterday dealing with the insurance company and fighting with the auto body shop guy about what needed to be done, and that I did in fact know what I was talking about despite my being a 24 year old WOMAN.  It was just a loooong day.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    My goodness Shay. I'm happy to hear you two are ok, though.

I've never been in a car accident (knock on wood) but my mom has. They've all been incidences of people rear-ending her car though. She must have some sort of magical fairy dust that makes her invisible to people coming up behind her at stoplights.

Does your insurance company cover the cost of a rental? I know mine only covers rentals up to $30/day for two days. After that, it's all out-of-pocket, bleh.
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Mehg, since it wasn't our fault we opted to have the other person's insurance cover everything (ours would have covered the rental and everything but we would have had to pay everything out of pocket first an then be reimbursed, we didn't want to do that.)  They cover the cost of a rental car up to $35/day and for three days, after that it's a day by day basis.  His car won't be ready until next week so they are going to cover it until then, thank God.  Part of the reason it was so bad is because his car is a solstice so it's an itty btty teeny tiny car.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Good morning, ladies.
    Life is good, and to top it off I lost 2 lbs.  (gotta start somewhere).

Have a great day, everyone!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Morning all.  All I have to say about the election last night is that at least we've got a majority government.

In other news, my zombiefication continues.  See how awesome the bruising is now?

I don't think Jennifer Hudson is too skinny per se, but I dont think she looks balanced.  Also, in the picture megh posted, I think a lot of that is the angle.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Holy crap, raynes.  Did you ever go to the doctor to have it x-rayed? 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    I went the night I did it, and they took 3 x-rays.  They said nothing is broken, and I can walk on it fine, it just feel bruised. 

Apparently I did too much walking yesterday, because it's a bit more swollen and sore today.
  • Options
    Good Morning

This whole working out every day thing is kicking my butt.  I overdid it Friday and am still feeling the effects.  I'm taking is nice and slow today. Although I am adding an ab specific workout into the mix.

It'll be 60F here today so I'm hoping to eat lunch out on the deck with my book for company if I get my self-imposed chores done.   That should be good enough motivation to get the floors scrubbed.   ;)
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Good morning.

Pardon my language, but holy christ Raynes. That looks terrible and gives me flashbacks to hs volleyball and sprained ankles.

So y'all. MIL and stepFIL have gone off the deep end. In a nutshell- SIL and BIL have been disowned from the family (along with me and H, but we've been outcasts for years and apparently sFIL cussed out SIL and BIL over the phone), MIL and sFIL have bought a property in Hawaii, MIL is studying to be a flight attendant (at almost 60 years old), and we were all uninvited to Mother's Day/MIL's birthday this weekend. THEN, MIL tries to add me as a friend on FB. I am so confused. At first this was all bizarre and funny, but now I'm kind of worried about what's going on with MIL and sFIL.
  • Options
    Buenos dias!

Shay, I'm glad you're ok and Raynes, looks like your foot is healing up nicely.

I don't think Jennifer Hudson is too skinny. I think she looks fine. I think it's sad that one minute she's being judged by people for being too fat and now that she's lost weight and feels good about herself she's too skinny. You can't win these days.

Amy Winehouse is too skinny. Jennifer Hudson is not. At least, not to me.
  • Options
    Geez Mara, that is really odd.  Is there anyone still "in" with them that you guys associate with that could shed some light on the situation?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    LTZ, I understand where you're coming from, but if you look at her face, she's almost unrecognizable. I actually had to read the photo's caption to identify her. I'm just concerned for her health.

And I agree, Amy Winehouse is far too thin.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Good morning! 
     Les- Congratulations! 2 lbs is awesome.
     Raynes, what did you do? Ouch!

Anna, You can do it! I am so, so proud of you for keeping up with the exercise.

The dogs woke me up super early,but at least we got some sleep last night. I had my graduation party on Sunday. When H and I came home, Shy had apparently had a big seizure in her kennel, bit her tongue, and was bleeding everywhere. :S But we made it through the night with no more seizures, so hopefully we're good for a while now.
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4fa06b1d-1eee-4b97-aa95-40299f670180Post:2fbb3be2-c319-4280-9d8e-2b550363b23c">Re: Happy Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Geez Mara, that is really odd.  Is there anyone still "in" with them that you guys associate with that could shed some light on the situation?
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]
    Not really. It's only H and SIL as far as kids in the family, so there's no other people around them enough. And heaven forbid the public actually found out what kind of people MIL and sFIL are... they are very much 'keeping up with the Jones' kind of people. I'm torn because they have treated us so poorly in the past that I don't want to make an effort to find out what's really going on, but on the other hand, they are H's parents and I am concerned.
  • Options
    Mara, I'd let your H be the one to initiate anything. If he wants a relationship with him (eventually) then it might be worth finding out what is up, but it's kinda his call, ya know?
      Are they just assholes? Or are they like really abusive terrible?
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    Jas- Yeah, H is always the one to make contact with his parents. I generally don't contact them on my own. And they're just insufferable assholes.
  • Options

That's a bummer. :(
      I'd put their asses in a nursing home, asap. (Kidding...kinda.)

• Options
    marateamaratea member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4fa06b1d-1eee-4b97-aa95-40299f670180Post:0204f9fc-1ffd-4182-8aa0-a2349db9b09a">Re: Happy Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's a bummer. :(   I'd put their asses in a nursing home, asap. (Kidding...kinda.)
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]
    I'm pretty sure they'd die before going in a home. They aren't the kind of people that would move into a nursing home or even assisted living.
  • Options
    Mara, that's what power of attorney is for.

It's really early, and I'm feeling vindictive.
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    Omg, I forgot about that. I love you forever and ever, Jas. <3
  • Options
    Mara, I've definitely put some thought into this. One day, we'll have to sit down and swap MIL stories.
     Over drinks, lots of drinks.
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4fa06b1d-1eee-4b97-aa95-40299f670180Post:1481e56e-4f70-483e-9f0a-2531861722cb">Re: Happy Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning!   Les- Congratulations! 2 lbs is awesome. <strong> Raynes, what did you do?</strong> Ouch!  Anna, You can do it! I am so, so proud of you for keeping up with the exercise.  The dogs woke me up super early,but at least we got some sleep last night. I had my graduation party on Sunday. When H and I came home, Shy had apparently had a big seizure in her kennel, bit her tongue, and was bleeding everywhere. :S But we made it through the night with no more seizures, so hopefully we're good for a while now.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

I dropped a 45 lb steel plate on my foot while I was working out last Wednesday.
  • Options
    Feeling a little bit better this morning.  FBIL made magic soup last night.  Chicken soup with HEAVY duty spice in it.  It's one of those that clears out the sinuses.  I was able to sleep pretty well last night.  That helped.  So, other than sneezing and snotting this morning, I'm not feeling too bad.
    Happy Tuesday all!
  • Options
    Morning.  Today I'm relaxing for a bit now before I have to go sign the lease on the new place, get some groceries, run a few other errands, do some wedding stuff, and some packing.  It's my last day off before the crazy starts so I want to be as productive as possible today.  We'll see how that works ;)

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options

J&K - is it bad that I want to start packing right now? Mainly, just my carry-on bag with all my wedding neccessities (shoes, headband, jewelry) just so I know I have everything in one place already. We fly out on the 21st.

Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4fa06b1d-1eee-4b97-aa95-40299f670180Post:f4dd1d30-5c79-439e-80b4-cd31bf1da8a4">Re: Happy Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]J&K - is it bad that I want to start packing right now? Mainly, just my carry-on bag with all my wedding neccessities (shoes, headband, jewelry) just so I know I have everything in one place already. We fly out on the 21st.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm packing for our move shortly after the wedding, unfortunately, so it's not even fun packing ;)

But I packed my bag for the wedding weekend and all my boxes of stuff to take there yesterday.  If you've got a bunch of stuff to take with you, you could start packing that stuff up now, so it's all in one place!  I wouldn't judge that :)

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards