July 2012 Weddings

Let's chat.

It's not even 11 AM but I just know I'm going to need this thread today.

I'll start. I just got the sweetest email from one of my good friends:

"Hey love, just sending a virtual hug! I'm sure you're super stressed, but just remember--your wedding is going to be gorgeous, fun, delicious, and the. best. day. of. your. life. Everything will (eventually) work itself out. So remember to take nice, deep breaths.
Can't wait to see you next weekend!"

I love my friends.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Let's chat.

• YES! Love this time of the day. It is so dead here in my office. It has been so quiet since a lot of people took the rest of the week off!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yayy!! I'm around for a chat thread!! That is so sweet Lauren! Your wedding does sound like it will be amazing! And, I think we're both at the point (week out) that we need to just enjoy :)

I was just saying in Mary Beth's thread that I've got my last dress fitting today. They had to tweek a few things from last week. My mom will be taking it to my parent's house today. 

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• And...here goes my work day. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • That's so sweet! I love really good friends. I had a long phone chat with my bff/MOH last night. She started reading to me from her book (50 Shades of Gray) and then I told her she had to stop! I'm home alone! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Michelle, that is SO exciting! Last minute changes are stressful, but it'll make it even more awesome. And yeah, once I finish the last minute stuff, I am just going to try to relax as much as possible!

Bells (yes, I will still call you bells), I wish it were 100% free and clear but for some reason my boss is piling on the work today. I'm basically at the "screw it" stage though and am simply just not acknowledging his asinine requests.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Does anyone have their 'play' and 'do not play' song lists yet? We're meeting with our DJ on Wednesday, and I really wouldn't mind seeing some of yours. I'm planning on just going down our iTunes list, but I'm afraid I'm going to miss songs that need to be on the DNP list.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Lauren, when is your last day?! Today, I hope.. or at the very least, early next week.

• Michelle - what is being tweaked?? I hope it goes well - I am only having my second fitting and I am nervous about all the changes she made from the first fitting!! 

if you guys were me - and your boss was on vacation and you needed to know if he was coming to your wedding (and I invited him, his wife, and his two kids ) - what would you do? would you email him? what would you say? this is SO AWKWARD but i need to know! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-chat-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:2530edb4-4078-411c-a8b5-a89fe2ca3df1Post:beb73734-b598-460e-950a-b9e587acc1d7">Re: Let's chat.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone have their 'play' and 'do not play' song lists yet? We're meeting with our DJ on Wednesday, and I really wouldn't mind seeing some of yours. I'm planning on just going down our iTunes list, but I'm afraid I'm going to miss songs that need to be on the DNP list.
    Posted by mbody[/QUOTE]

<div>No! I'm seriously failing on this. And I love music I just don't like making decisions :(</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Its 8am here! I am so damn tired!!!! Last nite FI went out with the guys for the first time in a long time and he was dropped off at home HAMMERED! He was puking all night, and snoring super loud. I even whacked him in the face a few times to get him to roll over onto his side to stop snoring! Poor guy! lol I told him your 31 you cant drink like your 21! He has to now go get a hair cut and pick up GM from the airport! 
    pregnancy calendar
  • I went through the band's list of songs and just crossed out the ones I didn't want him to play and then bolded the ones I definitely wanted to hear.

One of the very few bolded songs? Call Me Maybe. Not joking.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, I just made my play and do-not-play lists...

Lots of frank sinatra, michael buble, john mayer during dinner
    Lots of fun party songs like shout, i got a feeling, the way you make me feel (michael jackson)...

DNP list = Chicken dance, YMCA, Cha Cha slide....
    Getting married on July 20th, 2012!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-chat-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:2530edb4-4078-411c-a8b5-a89fe2ca3df1Post:bb62f63d-b2d5-479d-b71b-d5b26400432f">Re: Let's chat.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lauren, when is your last day?! Today, I hope.. or at the very least, early next week.
    Posted by mbody[/QUOTE]

<strong>TODAY</strong>. I cannot wait to put up my "I AM OUT OF THE OFFICE FOR THREE WEEKS WITH ZERO BLACKBERRY SERVICE. SORRY, NOT SORRY. PEACE BETCHES!" out-of-office reply.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lauren, Call Me Maybe, will be on my play list. It's ok.. no shame here. haha! 

We took my grandma out to lunch last week for her 90th and my mom and grandma told me I had to have the chicken dance played. The FRIGGIN Chicken Dance!!! I was like no way, no how, don't ask again. Then my mom told me she wanted the Cha Cha Slide. Ughh.. Why is she doing this to me?!?? I might have the DJ say something like on special request from the MOB.. I don't want people thinking I picked that song! 

• edited July 2012

I cannot wait to put up that out of office reply! 2 more weeks, this is killing me!!!!

P.S. B2B- I am so bad with names so screen names makes everything better, so it's cool.

• ahhh! I never did a DNPL.. My DJ has his own country/rock radio station and he LOVES to have a good time, so i'm sure he will be calling FI and I out all night and embarassing us :-)

YIKES, i'm going to have to work on a DNPL!
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-chat-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:2530edb4-4078-411c-a8b5-a89fe2ca3df1Post:5d044ea0-1d96-4a7a-a63c-7fbee6d166d9">Re: Let's chat.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Michelle - what is being tweaked?? I hope it goes well - I am only having my second fitting and I am nervous about all the changes she made from the first fitting!!  if you guys were me - and your boss was on vacation and you needed to know if he was coming to your wedding (and I invited him, his wife, and his two kids ) - what would you do? would you email him? what would you say? this is SO AWKWARD but i need to know! 
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

<div>I would email him. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mary Beth... they put in three hook and eyes to cover the zipper up the back.. They decided they needed a few more. Then she is also adding a bit of bling/sparkle/whatev in the back by the zipper. The consultant I've been working with has been super picky about the dress. She is pointing out things I'd never even think twice about. But, I guess that's a good thing. They didn't have to do anything to the body of the dress, so that's good. 

• edited July 2012
    Yeah, I'm done working today.....

DNP: Train, Pink, Katy Perry

My DJ has already told me they don't do line dances or normal corny wedding music, so I trust them.  I told them if I hear "Hey Soul Sister" or "Raise Your Glass" I'm flipping tables over.

B2B - I LOVE putting up my away message.  I'm already working on my FOREVER AWAY MESSAGE!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-chat-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:2530edb4-4078-411c-a8b5-a89fe2ca3df1Post:87b5e76d-66c4-4209-a649-7750faa28f3f">Re: Let's chat.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mary Beth... they put in three hook and eyes to cover the zipper up the back.. They decided they needed a few more. Then she is also adding a bit of bling/sparkle/whatev in the back by the zipper. The consultant I've been working with has been super picky about the dress. She is pointing out things I'd never even think twice about. But, I guess that's a good thing. They didn't have to do anything to the body of the dress, so that's good. 
    Posted by mbody[/QUOTE]

<div>it sounds like that will be beautiful!! and nothing too scary since it isn't going to mess with your fit or anything like that. PICS PLEASE :) </div>
  • MBA - I would totally email him. Say something like, "I know you're on vacation so it probably slipped your mind, but we need a head count for our caterer. Hope you can attend!"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, and Mary Beth, I'd e-mail my boss. But, I feel like I'm really awkward talking to 'superior' people, and having to talk about an awkward subject, hat I would personally do MUCH better with an e-mail. Plus, I've never had a call you up sorta relationship with any boss I've had.

• I found this and thought it would be appropriate

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-chat-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:2530edb4-4078-411c-a8b5-a89fe2ca3df1Post:2b998893-02c0-449d-afb8-aadc16076960">Re: Let's chat.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's chat. : TODAY . I cannot wait to put up my "I AM OUT OF THE OFFICE FOR THREE WEEKS WITH ZERO BLACKBERRY SERVICE. SORRY, NOT SORRY. PEACE BETCHES!" out-of-office reply.
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]
    OMG can you please put that! Haha!!! 

• so I am doing thank you cards to my BM's for my bridal shower since they threw it and paid for it for me and it has me in tears what I am writing. Man I am a mess today!!
  • Love these!  I only have an hour of work left :)  OUr summer Fridays started this week and I am beyond happy about that!

mbody- I am sure the dress will turn out fantastic!!

B2B- I hate that I love Call me maybe!!  it is on my Bold Play list!

MBA-Just email your boss I think that is the least awkward way around things.
  • thanks guys...I am going to email him now! he is actually on an amazing 3 week vacay in China with his family. They got to spend some time with the guide they had when they were there 15 years ago picking up their daughter who they adopted. It has been really convenient to be able to work from home and not be productive at work with him being gone since I have had so many house-related appointments going on!!

PS our tiling man screwed up the grout water/mixture/formula thing SO HE HAD TO GO ALL THE WAY TO THE STORE TO BUY MORE GROUT AHHHH. i am just waiting for him in the kitchen now. So annoying. good thing the tiling is pretty :) 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-chat-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:2530edb4-4078-411c-a8b5-a89fe2ca3df1Post:37925f86-453b-4eab-9ed1-501436f5356a">Re: Let's chat.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I'm done working today..... DNP: Train, Pink, Katy Perry My DJ has already told me they don't do line dances or normal corny wedding music, so I trust them.  I told them if I hear "Hey Soul Sister" or "Raise Your Glass" I'm flipping tables over. B2B - I LOVE putting up my away message.  I'm already working on my FOREVER AWAY MESSAGE!
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

Just . . . everything about this post makes me love you more.

I am SO jealous about your forever OOO message. I am dreaming of the day I can do this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-chat-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:2530edb4-4078-411c-a8b5-a89fe2ca3df1Post:0f513e35-c94a-48df-b5b0-fe2d2aae1a0d">Re: Let's chat.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I found this and thought it would be appropriate
    Posted by dawnleanna1[/QUOTE]

This could very possibly be put up on my FB wall. hahah
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-chat-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:2530edb4-4078-411c-a8b5-a89fe2ca3df1Post:37925f86-453b-4eab-9ed1-501436f5356a">Re: Let's chat.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I'm done working today..... DNP: Train, <strong>Pink, Katy Perry</strong> My DJ has already told me they don't do line dances or normal corny wedding music, so I trust them.  I told them if I hear "Hey Soul Sister" or "Raise Your Glass" I'm flipping tables over. B2B - I LOVE putting up my away message.  I'm already working on my FOREVER AWAY MESSAGE!
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the reminder. I'd probably flip table over if I heard those too. Well at least Katy Perry. She kinda makes my skin crawl. Why does that girl have a movie coming out?! Do people really like her that much???

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards