Massachusetts-Cape Cod

where did you get your cake?

For some reason I am not into the whole cake thing, but want a small one just to cut and offer to guests if they want it. I am wondering if you girls can tell me who did or is doing your cake and approximately what is cost?  Something in the Falmouth area would be great. I looked at delicious desserts but just wanted to see a few others options. Is $5.25 a person a good price?

TIA

Re: where did you get your cake?

• edited December 2011
    I am using Delicious Desserts. To be honest she is the only one I even met with because she came so highly recommended, but my friend did meet with a lot of people and found the prices to be more or less the same once you factor in extra fees, since Lisa doesn't charge delivery on top of the 5.25.
  • ARez726ARez726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting my cake from The Artisan Kitchen in Rochester (http://www.theartisankitchen.com/index.htm).  I realize that it's not the Falmouth area (however, she serves the Cape), but slices start at $3.50, which is a hell of a lot cheaper than $5.25.  Her cakes are amazing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting my cake from Cakes by Rebekah, and her prices are great! Cake wasn't a top priority for me - I wanted a small cake to cut and then sheet cake to serve. I'm getting cake for 150 people for only $315 TOTAL. She does most of the decorating at no cost because she enjoys it. And her cake tastes delicious! She's located in Harwich.

Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011

Kiss   The Tea Shoppe in Mashpee Commons (across from Pottery Barn) -  I just happened upon it one day - Tropical Raspberry Mango Filling - Coconut Cake - Oh my gosh!  and they start at 4.00 per slice -   WWW.TEASHOPPECAPECOD.COM Speak with Jeni Hennessey - good luck !!

• edited December 2011
    The Mashpee Tea Shoppe is great (we did a tasting there - yum!).  We used Dottie Lovely, the Cake Lady, for our cupcakes, but she included a small cake that you could cut.  We opted to freeze it for our anniversary.  She's based out of Yarmouth.
  • edited December 2011
    I totally forgot about the tea shoppe!!! Thanks so much!!!
  • edited December 2011

The Casual Goumet is doing our cake.  Prices are 3.50 a slice and go up if you add fillings or fresh fruit, ect. 

The cake was so yummy at our tasting and they bill right to our venue (the Flying Bridge).  The don't charge to set up or to cut. 

• edited December 2011

I actually did a tasting at Casual Gormet and My Fiance and I literally could not tell the difference between their yellow cake and lemon!  they were the same cake!!  and she seemed like we were bothering her.  Oh and they were more expensive than the Tea Shoppe !  )Cool

• edited December 2011
    that is really weird!!!  We had the lemon cake & it was totally lemon!!!  They gave you 2 yellows!!  Thats terrible that she was rude to you!!  :(  I had a totally different experience!  Good luck with finding the right baker!! 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going with Delicious Desserts as well, even though it's probably more costly than it should be - I went with her based on her reputation and a co-worker of mine recommended her, I figured we'd splurge the extra couple hundred for amazing cake!
    Married June 26, 2010! | Wedding/For Sale Bio
  • edited December 2011
    we tasted at Casual Gourmet, but ended up with Kondeiter Meister out of Braintree.

Kondeiter Meister is un-freaking-believeable.  Blew the CG cake out of the water.  We're also doing a grooms cake that serves 40, and that cake is only costing us about $85.  If you arent interested in having a frou-frou wedding cake, you could easily get something for under $3 a slice - and its hands-down the best cake I have ever eaten.
  • edited December 2011
    We got our cake delivered from Party Favors in Brookline...even with the delivery charge, our cake ended up being cheaper than any of the other local options. And has the added bonus of being the BEST cake I've ever had. We have since gone there for birthday cakes. We had lemon cake with lemon curd filling and vanilla buttercream.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We almost went with Delicious Desserts, LOVED Lisa, but the price was higher than we'd budgeted for. 

We ended up going with Cape Cod Cakes (Julie Driscoll).  The cake was beautiful, and very moist and delicious, and I think we paid $3.95/slice.  She's a little slow to respond to emails, but does respond and feeds you lots of cake flavors to test when you meet with her (yumm!!), and on the whole we had no problems with her and we loved the end result, so no regrets! 

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• cdream05cdream05 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brenda Norcott in Harwich is AMAZING!! She is reasonably priced and has a ton of options! She is making our cake and she is great!  All I have is her phone # its 508-432-0403. & she is doing our favors <3 her!
  • amanda20212amanda20212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Konditor Meister hands down! I didn't hear very many great things about Casual Gourmet. my cousin worked doing weddings and events in Hyannis n said some of their wedding cakes looked less then perfect. And as for their flavors they aren't that special or anything that you couldn't order at a regular store like Stop & Shop. As for Konditor they bring you in, serve u coffee, water or tea. bring out a huge tray of about 10 different kinds of cakes and give you a box of their best desserts from their bakery to take home. They're prices start at $3 per slice which includes buttercream frostings and buttercream flowers and decorations. if you give them an estimate of ppl on ur first meeting they give u a higher price and when u have a better or more accurate number you call them n let them know n they drop the price. For example we estimated high at 115 ppl but i didn't send out more then 100 total for ppl so i called back n said i wanted to change the number to 100 guests n we saved $60 bucks on our cake. our cake is square so it's $4 per slice but u get more cake and it's 3 tier with 3 different flavors cakes and fillings including fresh fruit. it's not extra! they do however charge a $90 fee to travel to Falmouth where our cake will be delivered. They are also suppling the ribbon were having on the cake as well with no extra fee or to match the color of scroll work to the ribbon :)  They were one of the best experiences I've have through out my wedding planning process and I would recommend them to anyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards