Wisconsin

Gigi of Mequon

Hi all, this is my first post on the WI board. I am wondering if any brides purchased from Gigi of Mequon. How are their alterations?

Also, I've been to Kay Bridal in Wauwatosa, Zita's of Milwaukee, Bliss of Brookfield, and Beratti of Germantown, and David's Bridal in Greenfield if anyone wants customer service reviews (although my purchase was at Gigi's).
June 2013 Sig

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Gigi of Mequon

• How was David's in Greenfield?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_gigi-of-mequon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:e32367d3-e658-4926-ba9f-d6e4c25c9890Post:0ceb0f76-291e-487c-bae8-2565caf285aa">Re: Gigi of Mequon</a>:
    [QUOTE]How was David's in Greenfield?
    Posted by mrsbrouchoud[/QUOTE]

I was there 2 times. The prices are all online, but the gowns don't seem to be of a very nice quality. WHITE by Vera Wang seemed to be the best quality there, but unfortunately that line doesn't come in petite. The customer service was lacking. The first experience was not good: one sales rep for 2 brides, arguing about how to take measurements, PUSHY! Tried to put all kinds of overpriced hair accessories on me, despite the fact that I asked them to stop more than once. However, I liked a WHITE gown and decided to give it another go. This time, the rep was very young and seemed lost. The store was dead (weekday during the day) but she would wander off and take 15min every now and then. The gown I liked didn't come in petite and a manager was kind enough to grab someone from alterations to pin it up to see if they could alter the gown for me (I'm 5'1"). The alterations person wasn't certain they could hem it for me but offered to have another person look at it. I decided that there wasn't enough professional experience for me at that location and didn't purchase. They were hiring at the time too. I would recommend Mori Lee at Bliss Bridal for a less expensive gown with better quality.
    <strong>If you go to David's, make sure that they don't use your info for marketing purposes!</strong> I receive txt messages, voicemails, and mailings all the time because I didn't read the fine print on the paperwork for the appt.
    June 2013 Sig

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_gigi-of-mequon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:e32367d3-e658-4926-ba9f-d6e4c25c9890Post:98d814a2-cf36-40bb-9521-a6129ac12bf1">Re: Gigi of Mequon</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gigi of Mequon : I was there 2 times. The prices are all online, but the gowns don't seem to be of a very nice quality. WHITE by Vera Wang seemed to be the best quality there, but unfortunately that line doesn't come in petite. The customer service was lacking. The first experience was not good: one sales rep for 2 brides, arguing about how to take measurements, PUSHY! Tried to put all kinds of overpriced hair accessories on me, despite the fact that I asked them to stop more than once. However, I liked a WHITE gown and decided to give it another go. This time, the rep was very young and seemed lost. The store was dead (weekday during the day) but she would wander off and take 15min every now and then. The gown I liked didn't come in petite and a manager was kind enough to grab someone from alterations to pin it up to see if they could alter the gown for me (I'm 5'1"). The alterations person wasn't certain they could hem it for me but offered to have another person look at it. I decided that there wasn't enough professional experience for me at that location and didn't purchase. They were hiring at the time too. I would recommend Mori Lee at Bliss Bridal for a less expensive gown with better quality. If you go to David's, make sure that they don't use your info for marketing purposes! I receive txt messages, voicemails, and mailings all the time because I didn't read the fine print on the paperwork for the appt.
    Posted by rooney2012[/QUOTE]

UGH, that sounds awful!  I'm hoping Bliss was better? 
  • rooney2012rooney2012 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I definitely wouldn't recommend David's.

Kay Bridal in Wauwatosa was amazing as far as customer service and they are at a more friendly price range. You start by browsing through a binder of gowns (prices shown with gown) and marking ones you like with post-its. They pull all of those gowns for you and you have one on one service. Great experience and price point! Their gowns were kept in the best condition of all the stores.

At Bliss you are able to look through the physical gowns and have the ones you want pulled. They are a little higher price point, but have amazing quality gowns. My appt was with Samantha. She is a very easy-going gal if you end up making an appt.

Beratti had very friendly customer service as well, but I was looking for mermaid and they don't carry that shape. They had a large selection though and a room of gowns to be sold off-the-rack as well.

Zita's and Gigi's were at the highest price point of the stores I went to, but I bought off-the-rack to save on the cost. They felt similar: had decent customer service, but I felt awkward in their stores with my budget. They had the most unique gowns, but most were well beyond $2000.

All of the places I listed allow you to take photos excpet for Gigi's (until after the purchase) and I'm not sure about Zita's. Not sure if that's important to you.

I recommend checking the websites of the boutiques and their facebook pages to get ideas before you shop. I hope this helps and good luck shopping! I'm interested to see which gown you choose!
    June 2013 Sig

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards