New York-Hudson Valley

How much to budget for flowers... HUDSON VALLEY?

Hi there...this'll be my first post on this board...pls bear with me :) Wanted to ask how much typically flowers cost for a wedding in Hudson Valley...I know it'll be depending on what flowers you choose, etc...but just a ballpark?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How much to budget for flowers... HUDSON VALLEY?

• edited December 2011
    Just to give you an idea...most of the places I went to were over $3000 but I found someone who does amazing work & came in under budget!  Mind you I am using Peonies, Garden roses, mini callas, stephanotis, hydrangea none of which are inexpensive from what I have been told.  I'm going to suggest you check out Rosemary's on Main St in Wappingers.  She doesn't try to rip off her clients just because of the word "wedding"!  Good luck!!!!
  • findmarilyfindmarily member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! That helps a lot and thanks for the suggestion :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It definitely does depend on what you want and how many tables, bm, etc.
    Our flowers were about $1500 for everything - ceremony , reception, aisle runner, bouquests, bouts, corsages.

We used Lucille's Floral Design in Fishkill.
  • edited December 2011
    Like everyone else said, it all depends on what flowers  you choose, how many tables you have, and how much you choose to decorate your ceremony site. I had a large bridal party, so just the money for personal flowers was a lot. We spent more than we wanted to, but not by much. Until two weeks before the wedding I decided to add purple hydranga to my centerpieces and my bill shot up almost $500. I  saw them in a centerpiece at at hotel I stayed at, loved them and needed them. You really have to pick and choose what you're willing to spend the money on. 
  • findmarilyfindmarily member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks so much!!! I'm just glad to know the general ballpark :) super helpful :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tstegertsteger member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am right around $3000 with Bassett Flower's in New City (Rockland).  But my girlfriend just got married in July with a more trimmed down budget with them, and her flowers still looked great!
  • mbrischouxmbrischoux member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Greenery Plus in Monroe and spent about $2000 (including tax). 

Our flowers included circus roses, mango calla lilies, champagne roses (in my bouquet) and circus roses, gerbera daisies, green buttons, spider mums, and greenery in the girls' bouquets and 13 table arrangements. 

All told there was my bouquet, 3 bridesmaids' bouquets, 3 small mother bouquets (2 moms and his stepmom), 3 father boutenier (including one for my brother) 3 grandmother corsages, 2 grandfather boutineirs, 1 groom boutenier, 1 groomsman boutenier, 1 flower girl basket, 13 table arrangements, 10 aisle bows, 2 altar baskets, aisle runner, and cake flowers.  Although I panicked about the price and was about to change all of my flowers at the last minute to less expensive things like carnations and plainer roses, my mom coninced me to keep my flowers and I couldn't have been happier.  However, we met the owner of this floral shop at an expo and it was the only person my mom and I looked into.  In retrospect, I wish we had done more shopping around before we chose a florist, but I don't regret the choices we made!
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were about 1800 and that was for two huge ceremony baskets.  6 boquets, 2 FG baskets, 7 boutineirs, 2 corasages for the moms, 15 table centerpieces and flowers for my cake.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We had about 10 low center pieces, 5 BM bo-ks, 5 GM bouts., stuff for grandparents, and 2 arrangements for the church, it was about 3K.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards