Oregon

Wedding night hotel in downtown Portland

I'm having a hard time deciding which hotel to book for our wedding night. I really like the Garden Suite at Hotel Vintage Plaza- it has a jacuzzi tub outside (but it will most likely be cold and rainy our wedding night) I also like the Riverplace Fireplace Suite. What would you guys pick? I need help! Anyone stayed at either place?

Re: Wedding night hotel in downtown Portland

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine works for Riverplace, so I say go with them.  Then eat in the restaurant and ask if Faye is working Wink  On the flip side, we've stay in Kimpton Boutique properties in other cities and had a great experience.  Have you read reviews and stuff online?  That might help you out.
  • edited December 2011
    I have read reviews online at Tripadvisor. My wedding planner says Hotel Vintage Plaza is really cool b/c it has a suite with a hot tub on the balcony. She doesn't know much about Riverplace- but they have great reviews on trip advisor. Plus they have a suite with a fireplace. Its a hard thing to choose- but its our wedding night so I just want to pick one that will be amazing!
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Given that your wedding is in Nov (if the info in your bio is correct), I'd go with the fireplace room.  Chances of using a balcony hot tub are slim as it will likely be cold and rainy.  The fireplace would probably be cozier.

Also, I will tell you that we were absolutely exhausted by the time we got home.  We took a shower and fell into bed.  You may want to reconsider spending the big bucks on a wedding night hotel room since you may be too tired to really enjoy it and take advantage of all the amenities.

• edited December 2011
    I've stayed in the garden suite room at the Vintage. It was totally amazing to have the hot tub, although the room itself is not that big.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards