Getting in Shape

Anyone on the 17 day diet ?

I started it cause over all I need to lose weight but didn't want to be to big for my wedding pictures, I am a plus size bride which I hate but not much I can do about it.

Re: Anyone on the 17 day diet ?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_anyone-on-the-17-day-diet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:910a1c9e-d785-4b1e-bff5-659185e4d704Post:96d7f0bf-c99d-4111-a404-8552b1979edf">Anyone on the 17 day diet ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I started it cause over all I need to lose weight but didn't want to be to big for my wedding pictures, <strong>I am a plus size bride which I hate but not much I can do about it.</strong>
    Posted by Stunner380[/QUOTE]

I don't think you are going to get a lot of support for this diet on this board...it's really restrictive and not really a lifestyle change.  I do think there are some good things about it-- eating lean proteins and a lot of veggies, but it's very low cal and there isn't any room for "real life."

I had to bold a sentence above because there <em>are</em> things you can do: eat clean, join My Fitness Pal, start an exercise regime etc.  You won't be successful until you change your mindset--- you <strong>can</strong> lose weight, but it's a lot of work.  I'm somewhat new here, but I know there are a few people who have lost significant weight in a healthy way. 

When is your wedding?  Do you have time to commit to weight loss?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_anyone-on-the-17-day-diet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:910a1c9e-d785-4b1e-bff5-659185e4d704Post:96d7f0bf-c99d-4111-a404-8552b1979edf">Anyone on the 17 day diet ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I started it cause over all I need to lose weight but didn't want to be to big for my wedding pictures, I am a plus size bride which I hate but not much I can do about it.
    Posted by Stunner380[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>You CAN NOT change your lifestyle before you change your mentality. </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm sorry, but you were not born plus-sized; you became that way. This defeated-sounding post won't get you anywhere. It took a long time to put on that extra weight, it takes a long time to get it off. The 17 day diet is not your answer. Was it as easy as 17 days to become plus-sized? No. If you want to change your body, you need to change that mentality, and change your outlook on food and exercise. </div><div>
    </div><div>We can't give you that motivation, and [most of us] aren't going to encourage to do some fad diet that isn't good for your long-term health. </div><div>
    </div>
  • Like PPs are saying. You really need to change your mentality. If you really believe there's nothing you can do about your body then how could you possibly be motivated to even try anything? That is a receipe for total failure (so is the 17 day diet). This diet is so restrictive, it's almost impossibe to stick to. And drinking green tea 6 times a day (or whatever ridiculous amount it tells you to drink) isn't going to melt the fat off. You need a lifestyle change - and until you're willing to commit to changing your life style, your body and your health will not change.

So try something real. Start food logging. Use something like myfitnesspal or spark people and start logging what your eating. They will give you a goal to stick to. Over the years I've tried so many different fads to lose weight and couldn't understand why they didnt work. Until I took a serious look at how much food and what kind of food I was putting in my body, only after that did I start losing weight.

Good luck, but please don't do the 17 day diet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Why don't you go on Weight Watchers instead? It's a great program and on top of the support you get at the meetings (if you decide to do meetings), you'll also have support from knotties here who can relate to you through WW. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you everyone for your input and also my comment  about my size was written out of fatigue. I take full responsibility for my weight and go to the gym five days week and eat very healthy but still have a hard time losing the weight. Doing ww isn't possable right now as I am on a budget and not able to go to the meetings.
  • Hey Stunner380, I did the 17 day diet and lost about 10 pounds it was great. I am thinking of doing it again. let me know how it goes!
    V
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards