Delaware

Does anyone else find this annoying?

I can't tell if I'm just being bitchy or if this is legit.  I'm starting to get annoyed.  I have planned every single part of my wedding so far with little help from anyone.  MOH/BM are out of town and not at all familiar with this area, family lives out of state, and mom and I just have totally different tastes in things.  I'm not complaining that I had to plan stuff, because I haven't been stressed out by it.

Now, with just six months to go and all the big vendors and plans in place, my mom has all these great ideas that she's getting from tv!!!  She calls me on the spot with an explanation of what she just saw on Platinum Weddings, Rich Bride Poor Bride, etc. and thought it was cool.  But... I already have everything planned.  Too little too late...

Sorry, just had to vent... thanks for reading :)

Re: Does anyone else find this annoying?

• Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I don't know how often you talk wedding with her but it seems like your getting married may finally be hitting her since watching these tv shows. Theres got to be something she can help with even with only 6 mos left.

My mother has done so much crap in the past that has annoyed me so I understand. We are sooo different and shes never really gotten too involved in my life but we do talk atleast once a week. So there is some closeness. But I can only hope to get a phone call like that from her. She hasnt taken any interest in anything that has to do with my wedding but I don't let it bother me bc she had nothing to do with her own wedding. Her mother and MOH planned the whole thing out for her. LOL.

I can also relate to planning this entire wedding with out the help from anyone bc I am the one that lives out-of-state and to be completely honust I'd rather it this way bc I am such a perfectionist about stuff.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    She has no clue about weddings in general because its been 30 years since she got married, and not many of my friends/family have had weddings recently.  I've tried to involve her where I can... gown shopping, florist consultation, bridal shower, but she doesn't have much input, which is fine.  I just dont want anyone to feel left out, you know.

It just annoys me that now that everything is in order, she wants to start thowing ideas out there.  I told her last night that I already have stuff booked/planned and her response was, "I'm not saying to change anything, you can add to it."  If I wanted extra stuff, I would have it... this is not a circus.  Not to mention that I've discussed every detail of what I have planned, yet she forgets and asks me again.  I'm damned if I do and damned if I dont. 

I do have to say that I've been engaged for over a year, and only have 6 months left, and I have not argued or exploded on anyone :)  Sometimes its better to do it yourself!
  • Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like shes proccupied and has other stuff on her mind but  has alot of faith in your decision making . I know my mother may not be involved now but she did raise me to be self sufficiant so she trusts that I dont need her to hold my hand. Atleast thats what I tell myself when I get jealous of other daughters doing stuff with there momsWink. We just don't have that kinda relationship and I've learned to accept it.

Anyway...are you paying for everything yourself? If so...tell her if she wants to add something she can as long as shes paying. LOL.

Oh and good for you and not exploding. I explode all the time bc I stress so easily between work, baby, wedding and keeping a house and a family. AHHHHHH! Just thinking about it makes me want to scream.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Just say "thanks mom for the idea.  I'll think about it" and that's it. 
  • greenbean951greenbean951 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_delaware_anyone-else-this-annoying?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:77Discussion:03c6a6e2-e734-41c3-ad4c-ee72652f3269Post:79d4a63b-ed89-4143-bee2-228e9913f424">Re: Does anyone else find this annoying?</a>:
    [QUOTE]  I do have to say that I've been engaged for over a year, and only have 6 months left, and I have not argued or exploded on anyone :)  Sometimes its better to do it yourself!
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards