Attire & Accessories Forum

Win a Free Tuxedo Rental from Men's Wearhouse!

13»

Re: Win a Free Tuxedo Rental from Men's Wearhouse!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_win-a-free-tuxedo-rental-from-mens-wearhouse?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:e961cdc6-9333-44c8-b76e-e335596a4eb4Post:ee0c6668-e921-4913-8acd-e7de63d56af5">Win a Free Tuxedo Rental from Men's Wearhouse!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Want your fiance to look his absolute best on your wedding day? Then enter to win a Men's Wearhouse tux rental! By answering the questions below, you are automatically entered to win. We will be picking one person at random. Watch out for giveaways all week long! Want to know how involved other grooms are in wedding planning? Then watch out for a Ricki Lake episode coming in October featuring the topic! How involved in your fiance in the wedding planning? What is his number one must have item for the wedding? Offical Rules
    Posted by Knot Lili[/QUOTE]

My fiance is not very involved in the wedding planning.  The extent of his assistance is "sure, that sounds great" or "yeah, I like that too."  I hear from many guys that they do this simply because this is the bride's special day and they want to make her happy.  But if I am making calls to the venue, calls to the bridal dress shop, and a call to the dj on my lunch break alone, I'd like my guy to step up to the plate....that'd make me happy.

His number one items is the people he's inviting.  We wanted our wedding to be not just about us but about celebrating our love with our closest friends and family.  As he's grown up, family has become very important to him and he is really hoping all of them will be able to make it, especially because some live a little far away.
  • How involved in your fiance in the wedding planning?
    VERY. He wants to know and have input on every last detail! And MY, is he opinionated! lol.. There are certain things that I thought he wouldn't care about, like whether we went with cut or potted flowers for the centerpieces, but he DOES! Some brides might find that frustrating, but I love it! I'm glad that he cares so much about our special day

What is his number one must have item for the wedding?
    He wants good weather and GREAT food.... that's my guy!
  • He is very involved. when i wanted him to help pick out the invitations he told me i should do it, then he came and he took over everything He keeps telling me I deserve better. He just wants me to have my dream ring and wedding, but my dream ring would cost less than 500, and my dream wedding wouldn't cost much more.

My fiance is pretty involved. He is always giving me his opinion when I ask and helps me make decisions. But I have to make sure I don't overload him lol then I just grab him a beer and everything is good! It has been so great that we just about agree on everything and if not we are great at compromising!

My fiance doesn't have a must have item for the wedding. He's been telling me that the number one thing that will make him happy is if the wedding is everything and more for me, he just wants me to be happy and that is so sweet! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_win-a-free-tuxedo-rental-from-mens-wearhouse?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:e961cdc6-9333-44c8-b76e-e335596a4eb4Post:ee0c6668-e921-4913-8acd-e7de63d56af5">Win a Free Tuxedo Rental from Men's Wearhouse!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Want your fiance to look his absolute best on your wedding day? Then enter to win a Men's Wearhouse tux rental! By answering the questions below, you are automatically entered to win. We will be picking one person at random. Watch out for giveaways all week long! Want to know how involved other grooms are in wedding planning? Then watch out for a Ricki Lake episode coming in October featuring the topic! How involved in your fiance in the wedding planning? What is his number one must have item for the wedding? Offical Rules
    Posted by Knot Lili[/QUOTE]

My fiancee is leaving everything to me he wants me to have the day I always wanted. And his number one must have item is for me to be happy and our family to be there with us.
  • ginnarothwellginnarothwell member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2012
    My fiance is pretty involved in planning our wedding, much to my surprise! We've enjoyed throwing ideas back and forth and reaching decisions we're both thrilled with. His number one must have for our big day is to be introduced at cocktail hour. He didn't want to miss the entire hour and wants a unique entrance into our reception.
  • Did anyone see the episode in October where they announed the winner? It seems confusing, since the groom gets a free tux rental regardless of where he rents.

I'm just skeptical, since we had some bad experiences with Men's Wearhouse Tuxedos - they had been more than a little misleading.

• Luzmaria5Luzmaria5 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    1. My love Ray is very involved. He tries to do everything for the wedding with me and when we have different views or opinions he decided that we should try to look at the pros and cons to everything to help us make a decision. He says " I am part of this as well and would like to feel part of it". I agree! 2. His most important item is premium open bar and that we enjoy our wedding to the fullest. He says most ppl are so involved that they miss out on what's really important and that's "us".
    He is involved with some prompting from me.

ME!
    He is actually very helpful when it comes to contacting vendors, bookings, and deposits...he has actually taken the reins on all of that! The only things he hasn't really been interested in is picking out the cake, because he doesn't like sweets.

The guest list is SUPER important to him. We went back and forth on doing a destination wedding, with just us because I am not a planner/decision maker and didn't really want to plan a big wedding. It is so important for our friends, family, and loved ones to be a part of our special day though so I had to give in  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards