Maine

Maine Wedding Packages HELP!!

Hello All!
I am looking for a wedding package under 5,000, near water perferably and includes the ceremony, reception, food etc. I am a full time student and would like to do this in the spring without all the stress! Please Help!!

Re: Maine Wedding Packages HELP!!

• Where in Maine? 

And for how many people?  That will be the main thing that determines how much it costs since most venues charge per person.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Im happy anywhere besides the county:) Im thinking 35 people including the groom and I:) Small and and intimate.
  • Check out Southern Maine Community College. They have a great venue right on the water and you can bring in your own vendors.  Good luck.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_maine-wedding-packages-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:7054756c-04e3-482c-9cf1-82792f0c7fa0Post:27c46165-db9f-4033-b303-2e0d91fb26b3">Re: Maine Wedding Packages HELP!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out Southern Maine Community College. They have a great venue right on the water and you can bring in your own vendors.  Good luck.
    Posted by HE&ME[/QUOTE]

Based on her original post, I think she's looking for something where she doesn't have to get all her own vendors. 
  • Yes that would be best! I was looking at Inns in Maine and there are some packages but not quite what I was looking for, since I wont be having over 40 people the cost shouldnt be too crazy.
  • When you say package, what are you looking to be included?  Do you mean a place that also includes the cake, DJ/band, etc. or just a place that includes the cost of having your ceremony and reception and includes food and you don't have to bring in your own tables, chairs, linens, etc.?
  • Pretty much a place that will take care of everything  besides my dress! They clean up, Provide food, drinks, the ceremony, everything. :)
  • I am not aware of any place in the Portland area that offers packages that include everything.  Usually, you have to bring in your own vendors for cake, photography, officiant, etc.  There are plenty of places that will give you a space to have your ceremony and reception, provide food and drink, and clean up afterwards, but the other vendors are brought in by the bride and groom.

I have no idea if any place like this exists in the state.  I'm only familiar with what is in Portland.
  • Please check out our wedding/reception offerings. Lakefront, flexible AND budget minded. Www.greatoutdoorsme.com. Best of luck!
  • You've been reported four times.  Please stop posting here about your venue.  Vendors are not welcome on these boards.

No soliciting of any kind on the message boards or in the chat room -- it is neither allowed nor appreciated by the community. If you are interested in advertising opportunities, please contact salesinfo@theknot.com Wedding professionals involved in a wedding-related enterprise cannot post any information on The Knot message boards, even if offering services free of charge.

• Back in December you said you were planning a spring wedding so you are probably already married but putting this out there just in case anyone else is looking through the boards - you might have more luck looking up elopement packages (which is what my FI and I are doing) they typically include Location, Small Cake, Officiant, Witnesses (if needed), an hour with a photographer (just check - some it is just a hotel staffer with your camera - others it is a professional photographer and they give you the disk/rights to the photos they take), Bouquet and Boutinear(sp), and one or two night hotel stay.  We found several that are designed for the couple but you have the option of adding guest for a set dollar per guest.

One that I liked and we may book is Berry Manor Inn.  http://www.berrymanorinn.com/pdf/ElopementPackages.pdf

Anniversary
  • I also know you requested ME but here is another sample of the elopement style packages that I mentioned earlier in NH...

http://www.christmasfarminn.com/nh-wedding/elopements-vow-renewals

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards